Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Build northern nsw- Landscaping pics

Page 1 of 49
Anyone else building in northern nsw. Keen to hear about other builds in the area. I am not currently living in nsw so it will be a big move for my family and I. We will be moving from victoria. Im also keen to hear about anyones experiences with building with gj gardner tweed heads. Good or bad?
I am building in Casuarina also...GJ Gardener Tweed Heads have been great so far - but our build has not started. This is at no fault of GJ Gardener though, just having some delays with council. We have recently moved from north QLD, so it was a big move for us too. We have decided to build a modified Stillwater plan (about 266sqm), should start building next month...
Hi casuarina7
Good luck with your build. Hope the council doesnt hold you up too much longer. We have just paid our deposit for the soil testing to be done with gj gardener. We probably wont start building till march/april next year. We are building a modified mandalay 273. So our design is very similar to your stillwater.
Would be great to hear updates on your progress if your interested in starting a blog.
Are you building in miramar or one of the other developments?
Hi livpal5
We are building in Miramar - stage 5. Nice to find a forum for others building in the area! I recently was in the new Mandalay display home - it was great, you will love it. I will post updates and pics on this forum as we go. Are you moving from Victoria soon? I was at Casuarina last week and the Miramar park is looking great, will be finished soon. Hopefully you will be able to check it all out soon. So far our progress is as follows:
- Purchased land (deposit) Aug 13
- Paid deposit Dec 13 for soil testing etc
- Land settled 02 Sep 14
- Plans awaiting council approval...
No unfortunately we wont be moving from vic until our house is compete. So its a bit scary trying to supervise a build from interstate. Hopefully there wont be many mistakes along the way.
It is nice finding others building there i gave up hope of finding anyone else on here.
Are you renting while you build?
We are planning a trip up in Feb to do colour selections etc. Have you done your comour selections? Did you upgrade much?
Livpal5
Last time we were up in May/june the park was no where near started. My kids are excited there is a park so close. Although by the time we move up they will probably be too old for parks. Haha.
Park should be finished very soon, will take a pic next time I am there! Looks like it will have an awesome flying fox
My partner and I are renting in Tweed whilst our house is being built, however we did complete initials plans whilst living up in North QLD. Is definitely doable, however it is easier to manage living down here for sure. I think we are doing colour selections next week. We almost purchased a block in Stage 3, but couldn't get the block that we wanted... so we decided we would just wait it out (and wait it out haha) and purchase in Stage 5 instead. Our upgrades include: 2.7m ceilings, stained timber post (alfresco area), hollywood robe in main bedroom, caesarstone benches, 900mm cooker, double shower to ensuite, ceiling fans, extra tv points, reverse cycle ducted air con. It all adds up unfortunately, but the main thing that I love about the house is its proximity to the beach. Will be heaven walking my doggy on the beach every day!
Wow ur house sounds very similar to ours we have gone the 2.55 ceiling height with square set cornices, hollywood robe, ceasarstone, double shower to ensuite & timber post to alfresco as well.
Let me know how you go with colour selections. Think it would be quite overwhelming. This is our first build so its a little scary.
I must say im hanging out to live so close to the beach. Being in cold vic and at least an hour from the beach now ,next year cant come quick enough.
Will keep you posted for sure. It is our first build also!
https://www.dropbox.com/sc/1er0orfr8ptf ... hevV-fohBa

Hopefully the above link works...is a pic of the park progress, taken today
Yeah wow that has come along quick. Looking good.
Hi livpal5!

The park is now up and running. No further progress with our house though!
Hi livpal5 and casuarina7.

We're also building in Northern NSW but not in Casuarina. We are also attempting to build from another state, so can sympathise
We're doing a custom build but did look at GJ at one point. Sorting draftsman,builder, engineer etc is challenging but looking forward to it really, thank goodness for the internet and forums like this

Looking forward to following your builds!
Oh no casuarina7 i thought you well and truly would have started by now. Whats the hold up? Still in council?
A friend of ours sent an article from the local paper about the estate and the park. Looks great.
Our plans r taking a lot longer than i expected. I think what we have changed on the front half of the house is effecting the overall look of the house and trying to fit it in with the arc requirements. Its so frustrating waiting. Im not a very patient person.
Hi TraceyWayne
welcome. Where abouts are you building? I can imagine you must be having a hard time organising a custom build interstate. Thats very brave of you. Who have you chosen to go with?
Hi livpal5 the apparent slowness of things is all part of the building process, you will get used to it, try to take it as it comes
I've been told that council can take 6-8 weeks, hopefully not though and we're all going to run into Christmas. We're waiting for final drawings atm. I'll PM the name of our builder, hang in there
Hey casuarina7
Are you going with a gas or electric cooktop. I had no idea there would be no gas pipes and only gas bottles!!
Hi livpal,

Quite common in the area to not have natural gas. We're going with an induction cooktop and built in oven. Check induction out if you want the gas like option without the gas if that makes sense?
Thanks traceywayne will look it up. Expensive?
Dependent on brand upwards of $1000, research your brands and hit the sales after Xmas

Can you supply your own items in your build?
Related
30/05/2024
Roof Colour - Northern Beaches Council

Building A New House

We had a DA approved last year and here is the condition that was imposed by Northern Beaches council:

2/08/2023
Pre-build landscaping considerations

Landscape & Garden Design

Ideally you would engage a landscaper to give you some insight what they may need in the space to make your vision come to life…

21/05/2024
Landscaping recommendations in Melbourne for New Build

Landscape & Garden Design

Yes, I was happy with the work, bar a few small things. Overall, communication could have been better though. However, I found them reliable and did good work at a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum