Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

celebration homes lennox dalyellup

Page 1 of 2
Hi new to this site, we are right at the start & just wanted some advise from people who have build with celebration homes. such as what did you upgraded/changed or wish you did. did you use the lennox elevation or did you use a different one. we also have a king size bed, did you find the master bedroom big enough

We are building the lennox, changes to far
we are converting the games room into a 5th bedroom (as we have 4 kids) & a small kids activity room.
changed all single robes to double.
Howdy,

The lennox is a very popular choice from celebration homes. There should be plenty of ideas and suggestions around the site from other builds.

The master bedroom should be plenty big enough for a king sized bed.
Hi there nessy-lou

We are currently building the Lennox. There are quite a few of us on here building the Lennox which is fun to see how others have changed the plan to suit their needs.

So to your questions:
*upgrades
We took the promotional package of raised ceiling and stone benchtop.
Double vanity in ensuite and added a hob.
Increase wardrobes,
Added plenty of extra doors and power points.
Extended the laundry benchtop.
Two way electrical switches.
*wishes
I wish we had a wall oven, and could have justified the extra 3k for extending the kitchen benchtop 900mm and adding another hob in the main bathroom. (we don’t have kids so we gave it a miss).
AND more powerpoint, we added lots, but I think I we should have added more.
*elevations
We did change the elevation. It’s the one with the planter box. Hmm, not sure what it is called.
We kept it in the free range, it seems to be quite a popular style. There are a few homes in my estate with that look. Maybe I just notice it more now, ahaha.
*king size
King size would fit, but I do think the two skinny windows on either side are queen size. So it might depend on where you want to put your bed?

I wish we had increased the size of the master bedroom. It is still roomy, but I would have like maybe another metre. Although there is still no plaster on the walls yet and it always seems bigger once that has been done.

We are first home buyer and were pretty happy with the standard range provided by CH, so we didn’t actually upgrade very much.

I am looking forward to seeing your plan and following your build.
thanks meatbag & AshShep for all the info. We are so very excited about building a new home.

AshShep we also took the promotional package of raised ceiling and stone bench top. I believe I know the elevation you are talking about, I love the floor plan of the lennox however not so keen on the elevation. What was the extra cost for the double vanity in the ensuite? That is something I am really considering. I have not thought much on the laundry yet, thanks for bringing it to my attention. I have to think more about the master bedroom, I may reduce the size of the home theater a little bit
Hello

We just moved into our Lennox last week and I can confirm that the master bedroom on the standard plan comfortably fits a king size bed and bed side tables either side of the bed.

The only think I might have done different is to have made the windows a bit narrower . . .

Good luck with your build
thanks rossb2003
what a relief! I have been stressing about the king size bed.
In regards to the widows, if you don't mind me asking why narrower?

congrats! must be so wonderful being in you own home
nessy-lou
thanks rossb2003
what a relief! I have been stressing about the king size bed.
In regards to the widows, if you don't mind me asking why narrower?

congrats! must be so wonderful being in you own home

Each side of the bed slightly goes over the windows, once the curtains are up it wont be noticeable and doesn't look bad now to be honest. Here are a couple of photos. We have a king size bed with Ikea Hemnes bedside tables and then the extra large chest of hemnes drawers on the opposite wall to the bed. As the walk in is sooo huge we don't need any other furniture in the room at all. In fact the walk in is so large we are going to be buying 4-5 chests of drawers to go in there as well.

Oh and ignore the missing paint on the walls, I ran out of time and didn't get all the cutting in done before we moved! ha ha!
Hi Nessy-Lou, did you know you are allowed 3 structural changes because you are building in the Southwest? We are building the Lennox in the Southwest too and have changed our house quite a bit. We are about to have our 3rd child but are hoping for at least 4-5 (we're crazy I know!) so we're building the house for a big family. I'm sure my Celebration homes rep thinks I'm crazy, lol! The front elevation that AshShep is building is apparently the most popular one in the Southwest - it's what Celebrations told me anyway. We have also added about 1 metre of of floor space in the Master bedroom to accommodate our bed and a cot or toddler bed if needed. I will post my design in the next few weeks so you can have a look. We have had to change our land a couple of times but hopefully our new block will work out and we can FINALLY start building! Good luck with planning everything
Hey Nessy-Lou
I looked up my the costing to extend our vanity, it was pretty darn pricey. When we originally added the double basin before signing our building contract, once we received the next set of plans we quickly realised there was still gap, so we add draws, then still a gap, so we had to extend again, but still a gap as they can cant have the cabinet directly on the glass so we paid again for a nib wall.
Figures are below:
$1550 to extend for double vanity, extend mirror and add extra basin.
$ 415 added draws to ensuite
$ 540 to extend the vanity and mirror by 540mm
$ 550 to tiles nib
$ 3055 All up (ouch)
rossb2003 thanks for the photos

AshShep thankyou for the info on the ensuite

JMCL lol not crazy at all, we have 4(2 boys & 2 girls) our eldest is 11yrs & youngest 6mths

We have pre state next week yay!

Changes we have made so far
- the elevation we have decided to go with is the brando it is $1500 to upgrade
-master bedroom changed the area behind the bedhead between the 2 windows 2m instead of the 1.8m
- added a bath to ensuite
- added an extra toilet by reducing walk in linen
- moved bed 3 door to hall
- double robes to bedroom 2,3,4 & 5
- moved laundry door closer to kitchen

I will post design soon
Oh Nessy-Lou, that all sounds great! I can't wait to see your house plan with the fifth bedroom and extra toilet. We wanted an extra toilet but we had already used up all our structural changes but that's the only thing I would say is missing from our house plan? I was lucky to get everything else I wanted structurally wise

That's an awesome price to get the Brando elevation for as well. I went and visited the Brando last week and I really like that elevation. We're building in a country area so we're going for a country cottage design look which is I think will look great. Our prestart is booked for the 22nd and 23rd Sept - I can't wait! Our land fell through the first time and I feel like I've been waiting forever to get to the prestart stage.
It's all so exciting

Good luck at prestart and feel free to share any tips you discover
Its all very exciting JMCL! good luck at pre start would love to compare colour selections

Its quite expensive to add the extra toilet $2735 due to wet area, extra tiles, toilet its self. We believe we need it with 4 kids.
Oh that's a great price for the toilet as they told me we would have to pay about $3500 to get one put in the WIL. It's a great idea getting the 3rd toilet when you've got 4 kids, you'll definitely use it.
I thought I had all my tile choices picked but now I'm not so sure? We live almost 2000kms north of Bunbury at the moment so we can't pop in and check things out on the weekends which is a pain for us? I just found a type of caesar stone that I love but apparently it's one of the most expensive and will cost around the 20k mark - ummmmmmm, we won't be getting that one definitely no matter how beautiful it is!
I'm waiting to get our site works costing back and then I'll know a bit more about how much money we can spend at pre-start? Our site works will be huge so I'm hoping we've over budgeted?
I think I'm going to get downlights put in after we move in but there's a few things I defiantly want to do at prestart like get a PowerPoint put in the kitchen island bench etc as you can't do that later? Any prestart yips, please let me know?
Are you redecorating your kids room in the new house? We live in my husbands work house and my 2 kids share a room so I can't wait to give them a space of their own
rossb2003
Your house is looks spectacular! feels like forever until we will be in our home.
If you don't mind me asking, how much did you spend on the wall cabinets in you kitchen? I am also thinking on going with the textured white kitchen tile for the splash back, looks awsome
Hi all,

great to hear about all your celebration homes builds! Looking forward to following your builds..

rossb2003 congrats on your house..looks great!

We are building the Blanchett in Banjup and waiting for the HIA contracts to be drawn up! We actually built the 'Empire' with celebration homes a few years ago and they were great so going with them again.

Just as an FYI for those of you who cant come over to Perth to look at your selections, If you call Ceaserstone and Laminex, they will actually post you all the samples you want
Hi Nessy Lou,
How did pre-start go? Any tips? I'm meant to be having it next week and I'm now undecided on the kitchen cabinet colour? I thought I knew what I wanted but now j second guessing myself?
Any tips for things I might not have thought about?
I think I'll add downlights and more power points and light switches after handover?
Aaaaaahhhhh, I'm hoping I make good choices

What colour kitchen did you go for?
Hope you're having a good week and are getting excited about house
hi nessy

might pays to rase the whole house to 31 course of brick mine home cost me just under 3 grand as the living room and theatre come in as per motion already regards

ohh before i go my friend is living in dalyellup as well and looking to build in the aria as well .can you please advise us where the new development going in Banbury and cost of land as i have no idea lol trying to help my good old mate.
hi mr singh
We love it dalyellup! we moved here from Sydney at the beginning of last year and haven't looked back. truly the best thing we ever did for our family. We purchased our land for $190 000 688sqm,

I have put a link below for satterley,
http://www.satterley.com.au/dalyellup-b ... -for-sale/
http://www.realestate.com.au/buy/proper ... %3b/list-1
Hi jmcl

I pushed back my prestart as my kids have been unwell.

I am thinking of going with white kitchen cabinet doors, the same splash back as rossb2003, bumpy white tile and I will install ikea glass front wall cabinets after, I put a link below.

My husbands uncle is a professional painter 30+ years experience and he recommends painting whisper white for the walls, we are painting all our walls that colour, except kids rooms. We will fly him over from syd once we move in.

Floor tiles thinking a light grey

ensuite/bathroom tiles are the hardest, still debating on that one

I believe down lights are very expensive to do though CH, that is another thing we will do once we move in

http://www.ikea.com/au/en/images/produc ... 803_S4.JPG
oh and benchtops thinking urban

I found the visualizer on the Caesar stone website very helpful
http://www.caesarstone.com.au/visualiser
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

30/05/2023
Montgomery Homes KD/R on Northern Beaches

Building A New House

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has built with Montgomery in the last few years on the Northern Beaches? I don't see the see them around, as I would love to ask how happy…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum