Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Simonds Palisade- Gallery selections

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I had my gallery appointment today (long day!) and thought I would share my selections! We upgraded quite a few options, a few of the standard options weren't nice at all. It was quite hard visualising our colours so I hope everything looks ok.

Pictures are coming
Look forward to seeing your selections!!
Here we go

Kitchen Colours (l-r) Walls (Colour is Imagine), Kitchen cabinets (Polar white matte), Window frames (shade to match colorbond Monument), floor tiles (Simplicity dark grey).
We also upgraded to a caesarstone benchtop, colour is Osprey, its white.

Kitchen Splashback- "Tetris", teal colour.

Laundry (L-R)
Splashback tiles (Cafe Grind Matt)
Cupboard (Upgraded)- Bench top is Congrete Fabrini and the cupboard is Cinder Matt.
Tiles, same as kitchen.

Ensuite tiles, upgraded tile (Stratos Nero Polished), going floor to ceiling for these. Vanity and Cupboards are the same colours as in the laundry.

Bathroom is the same as the kitchen tile, floor to ceiling, with vanity units the same as ensuite and laundry.

Bedrooms and Family room (family was originally floorboards).

Exterior

Weatherboard (Polar Bear)
Bricks (Truffle) (Upgrade)

Colorbond roof- Monument
Fascia & Gutter- Woodland Grey

Front door- Upgraded to a Vertical Grain Veneer with translucent glazing.

happy to post more pics or answer any questions! My advice, be prepared to spend at the gallery on upgrades.
Very nice!

Love the Palisade...

Love the floor to ceiling tiles, we did that as well and it's one of the decisions my husband was insistent on and I.was meh about it, but its now one of the things I am most happy in choosing now.

Nice door handle too, we did the same! You clearly have exceptional taste... Haha

Looking forward to following your progress
Thanks, yes very happy we went with floor to ceiling!
You have chosen well, looking good. Have you made any floorplan changes?
Mo major structural changes, we have put in a wall and a door to close off the family room, to make it into a media room. Also we are moving a wardrobe in one of the bedrooms. But that's about it, very happy with the palisade floor plan.
I just hope the exterior colours work well, a little worried. It was very hard to visualise it all at the gallery, I thought that they would use some sort of computer program to show you what the colours would look like on the facade but the girl said they don't do that. Bit disappointing but what can you do.
It's good when you find a floor plan you don't have to change too much.

We found it hard to settle with external colours so we made mini houses on mdf and used paint samples to get an idea. A bit OTT but it's worked for us so far.

If it really bothers you they have those 3d rendering places. I think you send them your external elevation and all your colours/materials and they send you back a visualisation of it.
To visualise it I ended up using the colorbond visualiser, different house but it was a bit similar to the Portland facade for the palisade, ours is just less weather boards/more bricks and doesn't have the mosaic brick features. Door is also solid timber, but it gives a pretty good example.

Very nice. So where is that display above of the half brick wall and cladding? I haven't seen that kind of display
That display is a Leon, i'm not sure if I understand your question 100%, could you clarify please?
Hi Roo,
We're building the Simonds Palisade as well! Love the floor plan. We just did colour selections on Friday as well. Link here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=72985

We added doors on the family, walk in pantry, ensuite. We changed BR2 into a study by taking out the existing door and adding double doors opening into the lounge space. We also moved the sliding door in the family room into the living dining space, and took the wind from that space into the family room. We moved the main shower further into the bathroom to give us more cupboard space in the laundry.

And, the biggest one is we're going with the raised ceiling fusion. Are you doing that?
Loving the whole process
Hi, I've just been reading your thread and see you have chosen very similar exterior colours to us!

The truffle looks to be quiet popular at the moment, but it seems where I live no one has it!! (Small town) so I'm freaking out slightly as the 3 bricks on the sample board don't really give you much to go by. When do you think your bricking will be started? We are still awaiting council and earthworks company to contact us regarding our septic system before we get a slab date hopefully they will call this week
How did your build go?

Related
30/08/2023
Changing selections after getting bank loan

General Discussion

How much are you ahead in payments compared to where the build is at? Have you fully drawn down the loan?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum