Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Ben Trager Sunshine Burns Beach Build

Page 1 of 21
We submitted our offer to purchase a cottage block on Burns Beach 8 March, a week later we received an acceptance letter back, then for the next two weeks we trawled the internet & show homes North & South of the river trying to decide what to build, we had to build a double storey, it was part of the developer conditions due to the size & location of the block, we eventually decided on the Alba by Ben Trager, it fitted our block perfectly with minimal modification, we started talking to the sales agent who was brilliant by the way, by late May we signed contracts & did pre start, by the end of July we had completed final Draughting , now we are at slab down

[/URL]

8 March OTP block
22 May BT contract signed
23 May BT Pre start
11 June Settlement
1 July Final plans
7 Aug Slab Down
21 Nov Bricks complete
4 December upper slab poured
11 December upper frame work commenced
22 December upper frame & EPS cladding complete
3 January upper walls rendered
16 January upper roof colorbond finished
17 January upper wall Acratex applied
23 January scaffloding down
16 Feb lower roof timber commenced
20 Feb lower roof timber complete
25 Feb lower roof guttering commenced & sparky commenced
3 Mar lower roof colorbond complete & plumber started
6 Mar plumber & sparky first fix complete, internal wall float started
11 Mar internal wall float complete, aircon ducts in & white set commenced
17 Mar white set complete
19 Mar insulation bats started & plasterboard delivered
28 Mar Plaster Boarding commenced
11 April glazing fitted
15 April locked out (no front door)
19 April stairs in
23 April bath hob & shower nib walls in, wet floor screed
24 April internal doors & wardrobe fitout
1 May kitchen fitting commenced
11 May bathroom floor tiling started
13 May decorator started, he's not happy as he has some plastering issues
14 May bench tops in, kitchen bench not secure
24 May wall tiling progressed & decorating continued
3 June aircon install completed & front door fitted
23 June electrical & decorating progressed, tiling still not finished & garage floor grano layed
6 July internal clean and plumber fitted toilets sinks etc, water leak in laundry
9 July Colorbond fencing started
10 July water leak in laundry is terminal, not good news
11 July outside paving and internal plastering finally finished, boundary wall completed
15 July Week 49 PCI
31 July Week 51.................keys ..................at last
Welcome to the BT club. We will watch your build with interest. The Alba has a great use of the space.
Following
Hey matey, I will be a couple houses down from you, number 7 sunshine way, was having a look at your block last week to try get a visual of how my house would sit on our block, we also building the alba. You have done well to get moving so quick
Thanks all, I have been stalking most of the BT builds for a while, we have massive budget restrictions so nothing fancy happening here, we even had to shorten the house by 1 meter just so it would fit on the block & still have some useable space in the back yard, the truncation didn't help as that pushed the house back another half meter, BT have been excellent so far so no complaints there, I spoke to the 'Slab Bloke' yesterday, he was close by pouring yet another BT slab, seems they are doing really well, they must be doing something right given the amount of BT houses in such a small area, hope they keep it up.
Quote:
they must be doing something right given the amount of BT houses in such a small area, hope they keep it up.

Hopefully you get a smooth run!
Welcome Druid1, about time you started your thread. Looking forward to seeing your house develop.
Following
triggywiggy
Welcome Druid1, about time you started your thread. Looking forward to seeing your house develop.
Following

Thanks Triggy, walked past your house yesterday, but couldn't decide which one was yours as there are so many by your builder to choose from, are you at lock up yet?
congrats on SLAB!!!
Druid1
triggywiggy
Following

Thanks Triggy, walked past your house yesterday, but couldn't decide which one was yours as there are so many by your builder to choose from, are you at lock up yet?

Not yet. I'm the poor cousin in the middle of the 2 story and the Content one that's at lock up.
triggywiggy
Druid1
triggywiggy
Following

Not yet. I'm the poor cousin in the middle of the 2 story and the Content one that's at lock up.

Are you backing onto bush land with a funny shaped block, which gives you a huge back garden, none of your photos in photo bucket link work.
Thanks Triggy, walked past your house yesterday, but couldn't decide which one was yours as there are so many by your builder to choose from, are you at lock up yet?[/quote]

Not yet. I'm the poor cousin in the middle of the 2 story and the Content one that's at lock up.[/quote]

Are you backing onto bush land with a funny shaped block, which gives you a huge back garden, none of your photos in photo bucket link work.[/quote]

Yep thats us. We are supposed to be down sizing on land and house but DH didn't want to go smaller than 520m2 and it was all that was available at the time as the sale had fallen through for the original buyers. So we have ended up on a larger lot, a triangle 628m2 but with a smaller house. The garden is going to be mostly pool, pavers and astroturf. I hate gardening.
triggywiggy

Not yet. I'm the poor cousin in the middle of the 2 story and the Content one that's at lock up.[/quote]

Are you backing onto bush land with a funny shaped block, which gives you a huge back garden, none of your photos in photo bucket link work.[/quote]

Yep thats us. We are supposed to be down sizing on land and house but DH didn't want to go smaller than 520m2 and it was all that was available at the time as the sale had fallen through for the original buyers. So we have ended up on a larger lot, a triangle 628m2 but with a smaller house. The garden is going to be mostly pool, pavers and astroturf. I hate gardening.[/quote]

That's the one we wandered through to the back garden through your garage, hope you don't mind, looks good, we had garden envy, so did the dog
Burns First Time has the same shape garden as well. I suppose we are both lucky.
Following

Love rear Master Bedrooms but couldn't manage it this time with our block/layout
Hi, look forward to following your build.
R34
Following

Love rear Master Bedrooms but couldn't manage it this time with our block/layout

The plan doesn't show the best bit, patio door opens out onto spa area & day bed
Hi Druid1, slab down is great! Just a curious q - how long did it take the Council (joondalup) to approve your plans? I'm presuming that approval was sought after final plans on 1 July?
ronfire
Hi Druid1, slab down is great! Just a curious q - how long did it take the Council (joondalup) to approve your plans? I'm presuming that approval was sought after final plans on 1 July?

It only took 2 - 3 weeks for the permit to come through
6-8 week delay on brikkies
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

10/06/2023
Pathway to new build : WWYD

Home Finance

A person needs to be licensed to offer financial advice. Surely the accountant you use would have been chosen for his/her expertise in this field. Have you asked your…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum