Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building in North Kellyville - Allcastle Homes

Page 1 of 2
Hi,

I have just purchased a block of land in North Kellyville at White Gum Place and registration is due in Jan 2015.
After going through lots of display homes, we liked The Grandworth with Allcastle Homes. We still have time to finalise our plans so wanted to check if anyone else is building with All Castle Homes. If yes, how has the experience been so far?? The online reviews dont seem too positive. However, we really like the Grandworth design so wanted to see if anyone else is going for the same.
Kc27
Hi,

I have just purchased a block of land in North Kellyville at White Gum Place and registration is due in Jan 2015.
After going through lots of display homes, we liked The Grandworth with Allcastle Homes. We still have time to finalise our plans so wanted to check if anyone else is building with All Castle Homes. If yes, how has the experience been so far?? The online reviews dont seem too positive. However, we really like the Grandworth design so wanted to see if anyone else is going for the same.

Did you buy your land with Zarzar??

And if so what Lot Number are you?
Yes, I have bought from zarzar Lot 115. Have you also bought from Zarzar?
[quote="Kc27"]Yes, I have bought from zarzar Lot 115. Have you also bought from Zarzar?[/quote]

We went with them and will never build with them again. Happy to provide you some feedback and share some stories if you want to message me at fartforfree@hotmail.com
Kc27

Yes lot 105, 3 White Gum Place, was due to register in Feb, now been put back to May !!!
philsmith72
Kc27

Yes lot 105, 3 White Gum Place, was due to register in Feb, now been put back to May !!!

Is your's a double storey ?, looks like you are opposite our block
I wasn't aware that registration has moved to May. When I called Zarzar last week, they told me to call back in Oct.

We would mostly be going for double storey ,but haven't decided on the builder

Are you building a 2 storey as well?
Kc27
I wasn't aware that registration has moved to May. When I called Zarzar last week, they told me to call back in Oct.

We would mostly be going for double storey ,but haven't decided on the builder

Are you building a 2 storey as well?

No we are Building an Eden Brae Ivanhoe Single Storey, are you on White Gum Place or the street behind?

We got a letter from our Solicitor a few weeks back saying they have asked for another 3 Months before registration!!

So it could be Middle of May or maybe before
Kc27

Hi Kc27!

We purchased from zarzar as well and we are on Lot 114. I guess we are going to be neighbours!
We followed up with Zarzar just last week and they informed us registration is late March 2015. We purchased the land back in Feb 2014 and they had told us it would be registered by Dec 2014. Since then we have received notification from our solicitor that the vendor requested to push back our sunset date by 55 days. Hopefully it stays on track and does not get delayed any more. We are building a single storey home with McDonald Jones. They have put a provision for a BAL rating of 12.5 but will do an updated rating before the build. The builder informed us that the BAL rating may very well not exist when they do the updated rating as a lot of the trees have been cleared since that rating was given. I hope this is the case, fingers crossed!

Would love to hear how everyone is progressing!
Hi mac+rex,

Thanks for the update. We still haven't finalised the builder yet but would be finalsing one soon . We are looking to build a 2 storey.
Hoping that the registration does happen in March.

Hope to catch up as we proceed further in our building process.
Also, just wanted to check if your builder was able to get access to the land to do the surveys and soil testing to determine site costs or has this been based on the draft contour plans.
Hey Kc27,

No our builder hasn't been able to get access to the land yet to do the tests. They've put provision for standard site costs and requirement for H class slab. We've told the builder that the land is quite flat so it shouldn't be too bad with site costs.
Hi

We are lot 105 White Gum Place and did our own Bush Fire Report, well worth it, our builder was going to charge us $1300 in our tender, we got a private company to do it for $350 then just forward it on to the builder, we are Bal-low, if you are 100 meters away from the bush you should come in Bal-Low, we have also been told registration end of March so Fingers Crossed!!!

Also there is a facebook page for Building in North Kellyville which gives some info
We are H. Class Slab also, Eden Brea do a fixed priced tender,with no additional site costs once you sign your tender
Mac- Rex

Be prepared for some extra site costs, we are Lot 105 so more or less opposite on White Gum Place, land is also quite level but we were told no cut and fill over 500mm, so we now have a split level single storey (Big $$$) extra to pay, although we will have 3m High ceilings to most of the house
Hi Philsmith72,

Thanks for the update. Good to know we are in bal-low rating, as we had costs factored in for bal-12 rating.Also, could you please share the bush fire report company, so I can hire the same company for the bush fire report.
Also, i did drive past the site last weekend and there is an access to enter from White Gum place. I noticed the lot numbers have also been put up so perhaps the builders can now access to determine the site costs.
Kc27
Also, i did drive past the site last weekend and there is an access to enter from White Gum place. I noticed the lot numbers have also been put up so perhaps the builders can now access to determine the site costs.

Hi KC

Not sure if you will be Bal-Low, you are behind me so nearer to the Bush,i was just over 100 meters away, if you want the number of the guy who did our Bush Fire Report let me know
Hi guys,

Thanks for all the info! Yes please send the bush fire report contact. We are overseas atm but will return late next week. I'm excited to hear that the road has access now!
Hi Phil
We are neighbours- we are on Lot 106. We havent decided the builder yet. We are late!!!
Could you please send bush fire report contact. Thanks
Related
5/04/2024
Slab for 424 sqm house in North Kellyville NSW

Building A New House

Petercurtis You able to contact the certifier and get a copy of your structural plans, if they are not in your contract. If your home was approved via CDC then they…

15/04/2024
AllCastle Homes has anyone built in 2023

Building A New House

Hi we are looking to talk to people who have built with them recently. We have signed mid range built contract but identified that a lot of things are not included.…

25/04/2024
AllCastle Cashback offer 2023

Building A New House

Was the offer also on their website? If so, you could check the Wayback Machine.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum