Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KEYYYSSS!! 14/10/15 ~ First Home, Alkimos WA

Page 1 of 19
Hi all,

I've been reading lots of threads on here for months and then disappeared for a while as our first baby arrived 3 weeks early!
Luckily I had finalised most selections (oh my how difficult!) and attended Pre-start by then.

I figured now that things are somewhat settling down i would begin my own thread, in hope of some support throughout our build

We are building a humble 3x2 (or 4x2 - we have closed off the theatre with double doors to allow for another bedroom while our newborn is still little as it is closer to our master bedroom - more practical for late night get-ups

It will be on a 375m2 block in Trinity, which is what we could afford.
We have amended the original house plan by removing the open study making the house shorter and giving us more back yard.

Titles were due this month but i haven't heard from anyone with regards to this so am guessing it's been delayed.

Am still awaiting our final plans as the drafters keep stuffing up

Here are some pics of our selections:

Bathroom

Ensuite

Kitchen & Living Area Tiles

Bricks - "Classic Cream"

Carpets (Upgraded)

Master:

Other rooms:
Elevation & Floor Plan

Dream_Catchers
Elevation & Floor Plan (still waiting for a few corrections)

Hi. Good that you've started your own thread.

I like your selections. What are the names of the laminate colours you have chosen for your bathrooms and kitchen.
Thanks Twiggy!

It wasn't easy!

Lots of procrastination and a baby born in the middle of it all!

They are all from the Formica range.
Kitchen bench is Flinders Black, cupboards Ash Woodline.
Ensuite is also Flinders Black top (as we're going for a black and white theme) and Silver Strata cabinets.

Bathroom is White Finestone top, Cuban Wood cupboards.

triggywiggy
Dream_Catchers
Elevation & Floor Plan (still waiting for a few corrections)

Hi. Good that you've started your own thread.

I like your selections. What are the names of the laminate colours you have chosen for your bathrooms and kitchen.
Hi dream catchers!!!! Welcome back and a huge congratulations on the birth of your baby
hope all is going well so far and you are enjoying parenthood!
I love all your colour selections and choices! Looking forward to following your build! Hopefully those titles come in soon, it's great you gave pre start all fine and dusted
Hi Rosienchris!!
Thank you so much!!

Parenthood has got to be the toughest thing i've ever done, i don't think anyone can explain it enough, it's something you learn as you go!

Unfortunately we ended up back in hospital at 4 weeks of age.
Call it Mother's intuition but i rushed him to hospital as we woke up one day and there was no consoling him.
After 3 days of prodding and poking and 3 different antibiotics via a drip they discovered he had Strep B

Pead told me i was brilliant for taking him in when i did as being so little he could have died had i not.

Anyway, he's doing well now but since then he won't take a full bottle, rather feeds small amounts frequently, and refuses to nap - was told its an "insecurity" he has after that trauma. So it will take time but he'll eventually settle in to a routine!

I too am following your build! It's so exciting yet frustrating when progress suddenly stops! Haha

Apparently titles will be in soon but they're not allowing site access until early October?!
I find this a bit extreme and not sure on the reason - but nothing we can do but wait!
Oh dream_catchers so sorry to hear of your little man being so sick when he was so little, that must have been very scary for you!!! Glad he is much better now and yup you are right parenthood you learn as you go because every baby is different too you will get I to a routine soon I'm sure (you may already be in one I'm so sorry for some reason didn't get notification of your reply)

That's crazy you can't have access to the land until October, have you received your titles yet? How's the builder going with paperwork? Least you've done your prestart so as soon as you get green light hopefully they can get straight into it!
Hi dream_cathers! We are also building in Atelier, Alkimos
ive been to the site a few times now and its not really accesible at this moment due to land being flattened or getting it ready for division (i think thats what they call it). I was told titles wont be released until november? Its great to find someone building in the same area! Also do you mind if i follow your build thread?
Hi MrsTerry!!

Just received an email that our block has titled today!!!

What Street are you??

MrsTerry
ive been to the site a few times now and its not really accesible at this moment due to land being flattened or getting it ready for division (i think thats what they call it). I was told titles wont be released until november? Its great to find someone building in the same area! Also do you mind if i follow your build thread?
Sorry Rosie! Just saw your post now!!

Little man had vacs this morning, i didn't sleep last night from nerves haha
But he did well and now no more jabs for a couple of months!

Received an email this morning to say our land has titled! Finallyyyyy!
We had to move house this long weekend, house we were in got sold. Last thing we wanted but what can you do..
Had no help either, just hubby and i and the little man included which made things challenging.. Oh and dogs escaped mid move!!
Spent 4 hours looking for them so we fell behind but thankfully collected them from the ranger ($200 later).

This house is the tinyest we've lived in, and with a baby not practical at all. I've only unpacked a couple of plates and the bare essentials.
Thankfully building will commence soon enough though!
Now i believe we're going to wait for council approval which should take about 4 weeks i've been told!

Rosienchris
Oh dream_catchers so sorry to hear of your little man being so sick when he was so little, that must have been very scary for you!!! Glad he is much better now and yup you are right parenthood you learn as you go because every baby is different too you will get I to a routine soon I'm sure (you may already be in one I'm so sorry for some reason didn't get notification of your reply)

That's crazy you can't have access to the land until October, have you received your titles yet? How's the builder going with paperwork? Least you've done your prestart so as soon as you get green light hopefully they can get straight into it!
Dream_Catchers
Hi MrsTerry!!

What Street are you??

MrsTerry

Dreamcatcher, thats so awesome!! congratulations on the land titles! We are in seddon parade what street are you ??
We are also on Seddon!!

We're lot 1288, you??

MrsTerry
Dream_Catchers
Hi MrsTerry!!

What Street are you??

MrsTerry

Dreamcatcher, thats so awesome!! congratulations on the land titles! We are in seddon parade what street are you ??
Dream_Catchers
We are also on Seddon!!

We're lot 1288, you??

Lot 1372
omg im so happy to have found a neighbour!! Haha
Haha..! Was that a typo? There is no 1372 on Seddon?

MrsTerry
Dream_Catchers
We are also on Seddon!!

We're lot 1288, you??

Lot 1372
Yes i am Cyndi Lou Terry

Dream_Catchers
Are you on facebook MrsTerry?

MrsTerry
Dream_Catchers
We are also on Seddon!!

We're lot 1288, you??

Lot 1372

Yes i am Cyndi Lou Terry

Dream_Catchers
Haha..! Was that a typo? There is no 1372 on Seddon?

We're on 22b release lol other end of seddon

Dream_Catchers
I can't seem to add you Cindi

Try me: Marcela Damian Pereira

MrsTerry
Dream_Catchers
Are you on facebook MrsTerry?

[quote="MrsTerry"][quote="Dream_Catchers"]We are also on Seddon!!

Cant seem to add so i messaged you instead just look in your other folder

Related
21/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Congrats. Will be watching this progress and interested to see how you go with summit.

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

12/05/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

So it seems like they just take on a lot of projects to get the cashflow for their own builds. COULDN'T AGREE MORE

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum