Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Plantation Sahara Q2 in SEQ - Landscaping is slow

Page 1 of 6
Hi All,

After getting so much advice from this forum I decided to post up our experiences and progress of our build.
From the initial housing selection, colours selection, electrical and final drawings, it was mostly a breeze process, but have to say it took a while before we made our mind up.

We waited a year before our land was settled in a new development of SEQ Brisbane, and have now finally progressed to the construction stage.

We are building the Sahara Q2 by Plantation Homes with the Indigo Facade.

This is our drawings.

This is our land when untouched.

Neighbours building fast.

Will post up a bit of our colour selection and electrical when time permits, but the construction is all go now, Hope to move in as soon as possible!
Hi Poohbear, nice choice! We are also building with Plantation in Brisbane, originally chose Sahara Q2 as well, but changed to Q1 in the last minute. Anyway, they are very similar.

I also notice the plumbing stack in the media room, same for us, but now I'm trying to move it to somewhere less visible. Look forward to your further posts!
Hi! My husband and I are also building a Sahara Q2 in the Belair façade in the same estate as you. We are on the street behind your street I think. We drove through on the weekend, and there are quite a few Sahara's already going up. Hopefully we bump into you one day
Wish you all the best with your build!

We finally have settlement happening today and have our tender appointment in early August. Hopefully we won't be too far behind with our building.

Check out our blog

Krish & Mona
Hi there! I'm very interested in following your build progress as we are only a couple of weeks away from the construction of our Trinity by Plantation beginning, also in Brisbane. we originally loved the Sahara but the Trinity suited our block better! Goodluck with it I hope it all goes quickly and smoothly!
Thanks for your replies.

Question for you krishy_g, what is this upgrade ? "Ducting rangehood through external wall"
I thought it was standard to have the rangehood ducted externally, wasn't aware there was an upgrade for that.
And bit more updates:

(neighbours build is going fast! they are building the emperor i believe also by plantation as well!)

and a bit more pictures front on from the plans:

poohbear
Thanks for your replies.

Question for you krishy_g, what is this upgrade ? "Ducting rangehood through external wall"
I thought it was standard to have the rangehood ducted externally, wasn't aware there was an upgrade for that.

Hi, it is standard to have ducting into the roof, but for it to exhaust to outside, it is an additional cost. So that's the upgrade. Same with all of the toilet exhaust fans.
rhuang
Hi Poohbear, nice choice! We are also building with Plantation in Brisbane, originally chose Sahara Q2 as well, but changed to Q1 in the last minute. Anyway, they are very similar.

I also notice the plumbing stack in the media room, same for us, but now I'm trying to move it to somewhere less visible. Look forward to your further posts!

Hi,
Where have you guys thought of moving the plumbing stack to? We also noticed this in the media room.
krishy_g
rhuang

Hi,
Where have you guys thought of moving the plumbing stack to? We also noticed this in the media room.

I just saw that plumbinb stack, personally i'm not too fussed about it... Might be due to the smaller size Q2 hence resulting in that extra stack.
Bit more of an update, there is now a slab!

The slab at the alfresco seems incomplete, there should be a slab there for tiling! Will contact the SS to see what is going on.

The slab edge seems a bit loose at different areas, not sure if that is normal or not.

congrats poohbear, would follow your thread
Congratulations on your slab!!!
krishy_g
rhuang

Hi,

We are thinking to move it to the linen in the laundry. However, the tender presentation lady told us, it might affect the door to the laundry. She is suggesting moving it to the powder room. I believe their design team will tell us the solution in a few weeks time.
krishy_g
poohbear
Thanks for your replies.

Hi, it is standard to have ducting into the roof, but for it to exhaust to outside, it is an additional cost. So that's the upgrade. Same with all of the toilet exhaust fans.

I just got advised by my administrator that it's standard to have external duct for the rangehood. So not sure why the discrepancy, maybe just different timeframe.
I think this may depend on floor plan? Because it's also standard to have externally ducted range hood in our Trinity...
rhuang
krishy_g
rhuang

Hi,

We are thinking to move it to the linen in the laundry. However, the tender presentation lady told us, it might affect the door to the laundry. She is suggesting moving it to the powder room. I believe their design team will tell us the solution in a few weeks time.

Hi, please do let us know what happens with your plumbing stack. We are keen to move ours from theatre room as well.
[emmakay]
I think this may depend on floor plan? Because it's also standard to have externally ducted range hood in our Trinity...

Hi Emmakay, I thought so too. This is what we were given in our quote.. But Trinity isn't listed there either, so now I'm beginning to wonder if we may have been unnecessarily charged. I will remember to bring this up with them at our tender appointment.
krishy_g
[emmakay]

Hi Emmakay, I thought so too. This is what we were given in our quote.. But Trinity isn't listed there either, so now I'm beginning to wonder if we may have been unnecessarily charged. I will remember to bring this up with them at our tender appointment.

To our surprise, it is indeed an upgrade.......
Our supervisor just advised us that it was a mistake.
The funny thing is, the external duct was in the drawings sent for council approval, and then it magically disappeared in the final drawings, should be more carefully before signing off the final drawings.
poohbear
krishy_g
[emmakay]

To our surprise, it is indeed an upgrade.......
Our supervisor just advised us that it was a mistake.
The funny thing is, the external duct was in the drawings sent for council approval, and then it magically disappeared in the final drawings, should be more carefully before signing off the final drawings.

Oh dear, that's a little crafty of them.. I will remember to be careful.
More updates, frame is up

Front on view

Garage

kitchen, living and dining room

Alfresco and small backyard

Dinning and Laundry

Theatre
Related
18/09/2023
Home loan and landscaping change in price

Home Finance

Hi, you've probably already resolved this, however, Commbank will probably pay the funds to you after you send evidence the work is done regardless the change in the quotes.

2/08/2023
Pre-build landscaping considerations

Landscape & Garden Design

Ideally you would engage a landscaper to give you some insight what they may need in the space to make your vision come to life…

21/05/2024
Landscaping recommendations in Melbourne for New Build

Landscape & Garden Design

Yes, I was happy with the work, bar a few small things. Overall, communication could have been better though. However, I found them reliable and did good work at a…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum