Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Reticulation for New home

Page 1 of 1
hi, Good day.
im a 1st time poster.
we are building our new home at Perth.
we dont have any provisions for free landscaping from the developer; and i would like to set up my own retic system.
can someone advise me what I should mention to the builder in regards to power supply for retic controller and water supply for retic before i sign the final building contract please?
Also builder is providing the conduit under the driveway for retic. anything else i should consider?
Thanks guys.
You need a non return valve connected to your water mains after your water meter and a water proof gpo where ever you want your controller to go, which should go near where you want your solenoids for each circuit of sprinklers.
I've just realised this is one thing I seem to have forgotten. Thinking back to prestart i think I was asked but was a bit aloof
thinking it would have been to service the side of the drive near the boundary which I didn't need, but I actually have the tap on that side of driveway now and need to get water to other side of yard!

I could do a variation I guess but i'm hoping I can get it worked into the build by myself just before driveway paving...Is digging a trench and putting a conduit in from near my water metre something I can do myself before builder puts the driveway paving down? How deep and what size or type of conduit would i need?

My site is very flat so it might have to have a little bit of fall I guess even if will have mains hydraulic pressure?
Thankfully i'm sorted for external GPO and additional GPOs in my garage for a retic control panel and solenoids
Related
16/08/2023
QS fees for building a new home

General Discussion

Is it just a report written to give to the bank initially and it is based on what and how your payments are made up for, or is it a full service where they go out and…

19/08/2023
New home

Building A New House

Skjm You might want to watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKx-bsOr2jg If that link doesn't work go to youtube and search for Zac Homes ACA I am really…

13/10/2023
Renovating new home - Asbestos question

Renovation + Home Improvement

What you are looking at is fibrous plaster, true gypsum, it is cast on horizontal beds with fibers included to give strength. I has no Asbestos in it. Houses before 1985…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum