Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Statesman Adelaide MkII Alfresco - Barossa

Page 1 of 2
Hi all, after doing my selections I've decided to start a thread. As the title suggests we're building the Adelaide MkII through Statesman with slight modifications to the back bedrooms.

Selections

Exterior
Front elevation: Gold Rockface
Remainder of brickwork: Austral Almond with natural grey mortar
Colourbond roof: Monument changed to Ironstone
Panel Glide garage door: Madison style in Surfmist
Zincalume gutters: Monument changed to Ironstone
Window finishes: pearl white
Render: Surfmist changed to Beige Royal

interior
Paint: Gemini Silver changed to Lexicon Half/Tranquil Retreat/Endless Dusk
Ceilings/cornices: white
Door furniture: satin stainless steel whitco bell
Floor coverings: to be done after handover, we found a crazy deal on Boral solid hardwood flooring in Sydney Blue Gum
Benchtop laminate: Pietra Bianca with tight edge radius
Door laminate: egger premium white gloss
Splashback: White 100x300 horizontal with ultrawhite grout, squarelay
Electric oven, promo upgrade to gas cooktop
Bathroom sinks: symphony
Accessories: Cosmo
Wall tiles: white 200x300 horizontal with ultrawhite grout, squarelay
Wet area floor tiles: slate grey 300x300 with slate grey grout

Very excited!
Congrats!

Your choices sound lovely... The Adelaide MkII is a great floorplan, very spacious & versatile.

Excellent, another SA build to follow

We are building with Simonds Homes up in Mt Barker.
deluxes
Congrats!

Your choices sound lovely... The Adelaide MkII is a great floorplan, very spacious & versatile.

Excellent, another SA build to follow

We are building with Simonds Homes up in Mt Barker.

Oh, The Mount is beautiful. I've actually not heard of Simonds and I thought I'd researched fairly extensively. I've just looked at your thread, looks like your house is coming together - and quickly too. We began this process in September last year and only just had our selections last weekend.
Oh don't worry, we thought we'd seen everyone there was to see as Well! Haha, but we stumbled across Simonds at the 11th hour, tucked away
- they have a display at Blakes Crossing and now one down at Seaford Meadows.
They're a Massive builder in Victoria (aka Simonds Stadium) but just breaking into the SA market in the last 2 years or so...

So not quite as well known here yet!

It is coming along really well.. Very pleased so far.

Oh wow, that is quite a wait... September till now...
Have your plans been submitted to council yet?

You must be super keen to get going!!
deluxes
Oh don't worry, we thought we'd seen everyone there was to see as Well! Haha, but we stumbled across Simonds at the 11th hour, tucked away
- they have a display at Blakes Crossing and now one down at Seaford Meadows.
They're a Massive builder in Victoria (aka Simonds Stadium) but just breaking into the SA market in the last 2 years or so...

So not quite as well known here yet!

It is coming along really well.. Very pleased so far.

Oh wow, that is quite a wait... September till now...
Have your plans been submitted to council yet?

You must be super keen to get going!!

Keen as mustard, the hardest part so far has been sustaining the excitement. We've had one wave of council approval, so very much at the beginning stages.

It's funny how no matter how much you think you have found out all you can, you just keep learning of more and more options.
Ohhh yes... It's a never ending learning process!

Well at least you've had the first wave done! That's something... It shouldn't take too long from here. A lot of the builders have different process timelines when it comes to selections, submitting to council etc.

Ie: we had our selections in October, but didn't go to council till March. We weren't sure when our land was going to settle, so ours wasn't a massive priority... and that was fine, once we knew land was definitely settling, we let Simonds know and they bumped it up. Our file was all prepared, it just needed title to go through the full DA process.
We settled on April 28 and, had our full DA from council on May 15, went to site on June 3.

Where as I've noticed a lot of builders don't do selections till close to the time they're submitting to council, or some after.

It's nice you've got a gas cooktop as well... I love gas cooktops

Hopefully you'll break ground very soon!
deluxes
Ohhh yes... It's a never ending learning process!

Well at least you've had the first wave done! That's something... It shouldn't take too long from here. A lot of the builders have different process timelines when it comes to selections, submitting to council etc.

Ie: we had our selections in October, but didn't go to council till March. We weren't sure when our land was going to settle, so ours wasn't a massive priority... and that was fine, once we knew land was definitely settling, we let Simonds know and they bumped it up. Our file was all prepared, it just needed title to go through the full DA process.
We settled on April 28 and, had our full DA from council on May 15, went to site on June 3.

Where as I've noticed a lot of builders don't do selections till close to the time they're submitting to council, or some after.

It's nice you've got a gas cooktop as well... I love gas cooktops

Hopefully you'll break ground very soon!

Love cooking with gas too! (So much potential to pun)

The timelines are very confusing as it is, I believe we did selections shortly after we received first wave of council approvals. I'm a little in the lurch as to what the next stage is, but seeing as it's been a slow yet steady process I'm far from being in a mad panic. As things have been happening Hickinbotham Group have kept us in the loop. We're anticipating the real work to begin late August/early September.

At the moment we're waiting to hear back about a few hiccoughs we had in the selection process. I'm not sure if this will push things back or not... time will tell. (:
We had exactly what we wanted in mind when we went into the selection centre, however the estate encumbrance threw a spanner in the works (despite us having thoroughly pored over it a number of times) so we had to make some snap decisions, ones that on reflection weren't the best. Thank goodness we hadn't finalised our paperwork.

We ended up making some changes to the exterior selections based on this image I spied on Pinterest, as well as the unshakeable feeling a monument roof and Surfmist render would be too stark against one another.

We will now have an Ironstone roof, Surfmist panel lift garage doors and Beige Royal render, with the Golden Rockface stonework. We feel very good about these changes.

Here's the stone we'll have on the front:

Inspiration pic:

Now to wait for the bank to approve the variations!
Colours look great, looking forward to more selection pics
hey shmishmell
i really like your floor plan and your colours can't wait to see more of your colours.
No progress to report other than paint choices/hardwood floors.

My block is somewhere ahead and to the right in this pic I snapped last week. It's a bit sad but I'm really looking forward to having a road and the block marked out so I can see where it's going to be.

I am lucky enough to be related to a painter/decorator, who has given my colour palette his seal of approval.The picture below is iPhone quality, not the best but I feel it's fairly accurate representation of the colours.

Dulux Lexicon white for pretty much all rooms, but I've been considering Dulux Tranquil Retreat for formal living/dining and Dulux Endless Dusk for master bedroom.

And now for the part I'm most excited about... Drumroll... The Sydney Blue Gum that will look like this:

What a great floor plan! It looks huge. I have no idea what to expect about timelines. Just started and want it all now of course but I'm. OT trying to guess it as it sounds like i'll freak out and. E set for stress and disappointment -- I can become a sad case!
Love your plan, and love the sandstone. It will look great with all your selections. Out of interest, did Statesman have a good display of the sandstone at selections? Is that where the close up pic is from?
We picked sandstone too, but dechellis have only one brick of each in the selections meeting which you don't get to see until the day of your final meeting - not helpful for such a big decision. But we managed to get more help from the stone mason. Just wondering what other builders do.
TomCat
What a great floor plan! It looks huge. I have no idea what to expect about timelines. Just started and want it all now of course but I'm. OT trying to guess it as it sounds like i'll freak out and. E set for stress and disappointment -- I can become a sad case!

It's pretty big, I've copped some snide comments from friends and relatives seeing as it's only myself and my partner. We've also (equally to my horror) had a few excited comments about filling all the bedrooms with babies.

We're in the same boat. I have no idea about timelines or what to expect, I'm just going with the flow thus far other than the occasional (what am I kidding? frequent) moments of OH SH** HOW ARE WE GOING TO AFFORD THIS seeing as we've never had any kind of debt other than HECS. We can be sad cases together.
Charlston01
Love your plan, and love the sandstone. It will look great with all your selections. Out of interest, did Statesman have a good display of the sandstone at selections? Is that where the close up pic is from?
We picked sandstone too, but dechellis have only one brick of each in the selections meeting which you don't get to see until the day of your final meeting - not helpful for such a big decision. But we managed to get more help from the stone mason. Just wondering what other builders do.

It was the same with Statesman/Hickinbotham. They had a drawer of single, loose bricks... and very small ones at that. I actually snapped that photo at a place that sells stone by matching the name.

I don't know if it's the same for others who've gone through Statesman/Hickinbotham, but we were posted a book of selections (which looked as though it'd been printed and binded in their office, definitely not a nice glossy brochure seeing as they'd already ensnared us... am I cynical?) that outlined the bronze/silver/gold ranges. We then made an appointment, and made all our selections pretty much blind within 2 hours which was painful.
Hmmm... Maybe they're all pretty much the same. Sounds a lot like our experience. Oh well.

your selections look great, so hopefully it'll all come together for you.
LMAO!!! Ha, have you seen our plans?
ours is huge, there's only three of us (counting Sid Vicious who will be sleeping under the stairs) and none of us are having babies. I love you plan because its so spacious and I love your bedroom/WIR/ens layout, the way it flows. But the lounge/dining is awesome. I've not seen anything like that in a modern house. I've seen similar in older houses, but your house is definitely 'now'. Love it. Great facade and colours too. Can't wait to see it come to life.
Charlston01
Hmmm... Maybe they're all pretty much the same. Sounds a lot like our experience. Oh well.

your selections look great, so hopefully it'll all come together for you.

Thanks, Charlston01. I can't tell you how many times I've pored over the selections or attempted to find them in stores to see them beyond the stress of the selections appointment.
TomCat
LMAO!!! Ha, have you seen our plans?
ours is huge, there's only three of us (counting Sid Vicious who will be sleeping under the stairs) and none of us are having babies. I love you plan because its so spacious and I love your bedroom/WIR/ens layout, the way it flows. But the lounge/dining is awesome. I've not seen anything like that in a modern house. I've seen similar in older houses, but your house is definitely 'now'. Love it. Great facade and colours too. Can't wait to see it come to life.

Sid Vicious you say? I sure hope your name isn't Nancy.

Thanks so much, quite a few Statesman layouts have the lounge/dining like mine which is why I was drawn to them. The ens/WIR was a deal sealer for us.
Love your colour selections to match the stone front. It's going to look wonderful.
Related
27/06/2023
Alfresco pitch

Building A New House

Hello! I've alfresco pitch of 3 degrees sitting just below the highlight window. Need advice on below: 1. Will the 3 degree pitch be ok to drain the rain water? The roof…

2/02/2024
Combining Alfresco with the family room

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi everyone, Newbie renovator here, after some advice for combining our family room in the picture and the alfresco and make a larger family room. There is a flush sill…

14/04/2024
White based tiles for both Indoor living & Outdoor Alfresco

Building A New House

thanks. the above one is white Mat tiles and have gripness so going for this Mat tiles for both indoor and outdoor. Beaumont told it can be used in both indoor and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum