Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

2nd soil test, Worst Soil but less piers?

Page 1 of 1
Hi,
Got the results from the 2nd soil test which says my land is now Class P where it was previously classified as H2. The builder will now need to provide a PH2 slab. Ive got no issues with that, but what i find strange is that on the initial engineering drawings there was 25 concrete piers to the rear half of the house, but on the revised and final drawings there is only 6 concrete piers to the rear of the house. Is it possible to have a stronger slab with less piers???
It entirely depends on the slab design. Beams may have been strengthened to require support less often. I presume you haven't changed your building materials (ie brick to some light weight cladding, conc tile to sheet steel)???

It's impossible to say without seeing it all. Without anything obvious I'd ring the engineer and ask.
Hi we had H1 class and are building single story. Is yours single or double?
Related
21/10/2023
Hallway arch - hoping to make less ugly

Interior Decorating Lounge

at most it will have a short lintel which could be moved up just below the ceiling or even above. Above means you need to patch the cornice and might need to deal with…

24/07/2023
Porter Davis Soil Test Results

Building A New House

Three options 1 Ask the liquidator 2 Find another PD customer and ask the source of their report 3 Pay for new report

4/02/2024
Soil Test and Compliance

General Discussion

Hi Building Expert, Thank you for the feedback, much appreciated, there is also a code of conduct for building surveyors which they need to follow as well. I am looking…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum