Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

External house colours

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,
We are about to do our external colours meeting and I want to make sure we get it right. I like the colours in these photos, would anyone be able to identify them please. The garage, gutters, down pipes and most importantly the render colours. Also we are having tiled roof, what colour tile would go well with this colour scheme?

Thanks so much in advance.

House 1:

House 2:
why dont you take these pictures in with you and match them to what you can see visually? colours on computer screens are not always a true reflection of the actual colour due to setting on monitors varying. So you could get the name of that colour, but may not be what you expect.

We chose a taubmas solitude for internal walls, which is actually a light warm grey. When we looked at it on the taubmans site it was practically brown. When we got a tester pot made up it was miles apart from what we could see on any computer screen.

in general though if you like those colours, youre looking at warm greys, brown greys, beige and Greige (yes, thats an actual word - cross between grey and beige).
Thanks Ponzu, I was going to show them this but was hoping to get an idea of what it might be . But thank you because I think you've hit it on the head with the cross between grey and beige -- i don't want straight grey, as I like beige as a neutral tone but didn't want anything too yellow or too pink and I was having trouble finding what I was after and I think it is because I'm actually after the greige (no, I never heard the term before). Excellent!
just make sure if you ever get a colour name youre interested in from a computer monitor, check the paint chip or the sample on the card or material that its supposed to be on (brick, tile, mortar etc) as the colour variance can be massive. What i'm saying is youre probably bette rof never visiting the websites of products to chose colours. You need to see the actual colours on the product. It will save you countless hours of wasted colour matching that you do pre appointemnt. Trust me

Edit - also dont underestimate the power of greys. grey is not just grey anymore. As a neutral tone you can match much more to it than beige.
I understand where you are coming from. I've seen some ugly render and want to make sure we get it right but don't want to spend too much time on it either otherwise it gets confusing.
Related
5/02/2024
Provincial style hone external colours

Building A New House

The Dulux colour consultants are awesome. If you show them the photos they should be able to figure it out for you straight away

4/10/2023
DIY External facade stone cladding

General Discussion

Re my second point – yes exactly. And often it may take additional time if the manufacturer recommends no more than X meters…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum