Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

What do you think about this pipe?

Page 1 of 1
We're currently looking at building the Seattle design with Aveling. We just got a small land (12.5mx30m) and the Aveling consultant that we talked to suggested this particular design. We loved the kitchen in this because it seems big. Can you please help us identify which parts of the house need a bit of tweaking?

We are also looking at the Manor (Dreamstart) and Milazzo (HGWA) but we are leaning more on this one. Any other suggestions on which builder has nice designs for a small block?

the kitchen looks big.
Hi, just wanted to ask you all coz we're new to all these..is it alright to meet up with different builders and have plans costed? From there we will decide on which builder to sign up with. We have already met up with Aveling and are waiting on the costing. We're also waiting to hear from Redink. Is that alright or if we asked for a costing and drawing, it means we're already going to build with them? We havent signed anything yet. Need your thoughts on this please. Thank you.
Until you sign the contract to build, you can stop the process with any builder, but you will most likely lose any initial deposits you gave the builders to take the time and effort to do costings and drawings.

In regards to the plan you posted it is quite nice. Some things to consider are just minor:
- Consider doors on both your laundry and audio visual spaces. More so on the laundry. If worried about the door swing, go for a cavity sliding door on the laundry.
- Consider making robes in Bed 3 and 4 double instead of single (especially if you have children/considering them in future, because storage space is awesome).
- Consider how you will ventilate the laundry, especially if you place a door on and have the dryer going. Are you placing security screen door in addition to the sliding glass so you can open glass door for air?

Otherwise I do like the kitchen size.
^ thank you for taking time to look at the plan I posted and replying..i will definitely look into the things you pointed out
Are you definitely after a 4 bedroom plan? Or would you consider 3?

My build: viewtopic.php?t=62001
Hi Jaceb..we are also open to the option of having a 3-br home. Would you know of any good plan? Thanks
I'm building the nautical with Aveling. Have a look at my thread. There's a lot I like about it, with the laundry set up and such.
My reason for asking is I found with a block the same size as us, having a 4th bedroom made some rooms a little pokey. I'm just passed lock up stage now, and I'm really happy with all the room sizes.
There's a couple of other Aveling clients here with a different interpretation of the same plan(Nina71) comes to mind. Check them out also

My build: viewtopic.php?t=62001
Been a while since I last posted...so we've eventually decided to go ahead and build with Aveling...the construction is so far going well...we started in March and we're now at lock up...will try to post some pics when I find more time to do so...

just wanted to ask about an exposed pipe that we've been seeing for quite a while now...it is on the side of the house where the kitchen is...I have emailed our contact in Aveling about it this morning but have not received a reply yet...I would also like to ask for your opinion on what you think...should we be bothered about it?...TIA

Does the larger size pipe head down into the ground?
My guess is it's the pipe from the kitchen sink.
Related
6/06/2023
Do you think this kitchen is original

Kitchen Corner

No. It's not original. Circa early to mid 90s would be my guess and maybe even as late as early 2000s

23/07/2023
Fixing cracked stormwater PVC pipe

General Discussion

Plumbers 'can be' plumbers, made all the worse by self certification which the building surveyor invariably accepts as proof of compliance! The good thing is that you know know.

29/01/2024
Building over sewer pipe in Queensland

Building A New House

I think you are getting different numbers because they all just based them on "other jobs" even though each job is unique. Often, with builders, unless you're speaking to…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum