Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Henley Homes

Page 1 of 128
Thought I would start a thread for those that are building with Henley. Have noticed a few from other builders with a wealth of information for people building with that company.

Had a search through the forum and couldn't find one dedicated to Henley although there was 10 pages to sort through and by about page 6 I started skimming faster so may have missed it. Apologies if that is the case and by all means please delete this thread.

Thought this would be a good thread to ask questions and share your experiences with others so hoping this takes off.

I'll do what I can to help but we are in the early stages at the moment, booked in for colours next week, so I can't contribute all that much at this stage. But happy to answer any questions I can.
Hi and welcome to homeone! I too thought it was odd that there was no real thread for Henley...

So which house are u building and where abouts are u located?

hi emz. great idea we have just signed up too and have our colors appointment on Thursday. we are building the flemming which is in the henley first range.
where are you building? and what house?

for anyone who knows, are the tiles at cosham the only options available? we would like a nice white 300x600 tile for our bathroom but all the light options there seem to be beigish?
candice15
for anyone who knows, are the tiles at cosham the only options available? we would like a nice white 300x600 tile for our bathroom but all the light options there seem to be beigish?

Ask on Thursday. Someone might have just been using them.
This is our white. Its called Gloss Alabaster. Its not a cool white though if that's what you are looking for.

arch damn you drop box. Hopefully this link works https://www.dropbox.com/s/o86727a4sjqo9gg/IMG_0341.JPG
We are building the Lexington lux q2 with a master bedroom extension in Gisborne. Expecting land to title any day now. Pearz your house is coming along nicely, I've got my fingers crossed for a quick build as we are living with the in laws who are great but can't wait for our own space. Henley have said they should be on site in three months but we'll see.

Candice15 I was actually wondering the same thing, I'm hoping to do a feature tile on the back shower wall in the ensuite and was hoping they have more options available and may be able to send me to a suppliers showroom. Will give cosham a call tomorrow if I get a chance and report back.

Also want to upgrade to a larger entry door but not keen on the pivot system. Was over Berwick way the other week and stopped in at their new displays and to my surprise the Lexington had a beautiful big door on hinges. The display consultants couldn't give me any info on it though as the displays had just opened that day and cosham hadn't put the colours and upgrade info together yet. Stopped into cosham on the way home and a consultant told me the biggest entry door on hinges is 970. Had a girlfriend that lives around the corner from the displays go and measure for me as I was sure it was wider than that and it's 1200. So hoping they'll let me do the same if the budget allows.
Hey guys we have put a deposit down to build the lexington lux q2 but are having some difficulties making minor changes to the hallway area as we dont like the angle of the wall leading into bedroom 2 we have submitted numerous changes to head office and they keep knocking it back we just want to make the hallway straight! Next thing we are trying is extending the back of the house roughly about a metre to straighten out the hallway.. what do u guys think?
Hi all. we had our colour appointment Last night. we were in and out in about an hour.

Emz, did you find out about the tiles? a lady I work with built with Henley and she said she picked different ones from the supplier so it's do able, we ran out of time though.

Hi Tamzlat. where are you building? We extended the whole back of the house by 1 meter but didn't make any other changes. doesn't seem to be a problem.

Thanks for the pics Ari, the only 600x300 white tiles at cosham are a gloss finish. we are not having feature tiles. so I wanted something with a bit of texture. we ended up using a charcoal colour hope it turns out ok.

I was a little bit disappointed with a couple of things last night. the major one for us was the flooring. we had included a flooring pack, which was cat1 carpet and the Manhattan laminate for $3500. we were expecting to be able to upgrade to the bolero and pay the difference between the Manhattan and bolero so an extra $500. they wouldn't allow upgrades to the pack though. so it would end up being an extra $4000. We are going to do our own flooring now.
the other thing was with the move in pack which includes, driveway letterbox and clothesline. we couldn't change the colour of the mailbox. ended up upgrading toa nicer one but the girl wasnt sure on the cost.

can't wait to see it all in the house.
Thats quite odd regarding the flooring pack. I would have thought if u wanted to upgrade ur pack they would just adjust the price at tender to reflect this. Did u ask ur admin about this? We originally had the bolero (cat 1b) included but ended up downgrading cause OH didnt like the gaps in between so back to cat 1a.

U should be able to still ask ur admin before tender appointment if u want to change or add some things. Add as much as possible, get the prices at tender then decide if u can afford it.

We have move-in pack but only for driveway. Sales consultant said it would be cheaper to do letterbox and clothesline ourselves. Hopefully it'll be the case!

Hi Candice15, which house are you building? We are now trying to extend the back of the house by 1m in order to straighten out the hallway in the Lexington Lux Q1, We haven't spoke to our consultant yet as she is on a holiday but I'm going to email her asking if its OK, how much did it cost you to extend by 1m if you don't mind me asking
Thanks
Thanks pearz I thought it was odd too. I will send an email off to our administrator to confirm. What was the cost for just the driveway? We weren't offered that option.

Tamzlat, we are building the Flemming which is in the henley first range. Our house is about 12 m wide and it was a bit over $7000 to extend by 1m. Don't have the exact cost at hand at the moment sorry.
Hi candice15 its good to know you guys were able to extend the house by 1m! We went to speak to our consultant she thinks it is easily doable fingers crossed we will have an answer by this week!!
Hi all, we are also building with Henley<Allegra Q2 in circa Clyde north. we are waiting for titles hopefully any time now
Candice15, we were also offered a move in pack but our estate wanted a different driveway which costs about 5800k- exposed aggregate though
PEARZ, how long did Henley say will take to complete your house? just curious also building a double
So far haven't asked them but in contract it was 290 days. Expected finish date November but pretty sure or hoping at least July. Not in a hurry so hoping the longer it takes the better the quality.

We're still waiting on our foam cladding to our first floor!

Hi team

Just want to throw our hat in the post, we are building the Monaco Q1 in Epping. Just waiting for the building permit from Whittlesea Council and we will be all go (hopefully next week). To date I can't fault the experience we have had with Henley hopefully it carries into the build.

Our one tip would be make a second visit to Cosham before your colours. My wife and I walked around for 3 hours on our own and as a result our colour appointment took an hour and we felt well prepared.

Look forward to seeing all your builds and following your progress.
Hi guys

Life has been pretty hectic at the moment, hence my absence. Glad the thread has started to take shape. Hopefully it doesn't die out. Candice you're right choosing different tiles is an option. Here's some info on the tile showrooms.

Apparently the Derrimut showroom is the place to go as they have the whole range. Unfortunately they were closed all last week so I didn't get a chance to go before my colour appointment but will head there this week if I can. Candice this is still an option for you, the girls at cosham said just to contact your admin if you want to change anything and it won't be a problem.

TamZlat we extended our master by 600mm (under the eve). Our sales consultant said after we did that numerous costumers followed suit as he recommended it when they were deterred by the size compared to the lux q1 and even the belle q2 and he has since been told they will no longer approve changes. Not sure if this is just for the master extension or all changes.

We also managed to get $3000 of our facade price at the end of the year. From my understanding this was sort of a 'good faith' discount and most customers got something like this if they asked. A couple of months later we asked if we could get further discount if we offered to put down $10000 deposit (only because we needed to spend the money by the end of March). Unfortunately the bosses have put a stop to all discounts as the market has improved and they feel they no longer need to do this to keep customers. Bit of a shame really. This is only what I have heard and could be misguided. Hopefully they continue to let people tweak the floorplans and make minor changes.

Also wanting to get peoples opinions on the standard freestanding oven. At the moment I t's a technika TU950TLE8 had a look on product review and although there are only 8 reviews they are all negative. Henley offer $1000 back if you decide to put in one of your own but just don't want the hassle. The next upgrade is $700 but I'm not sure what model so can't research reviews. Might do some more digging on the standard one.

Does anyone know how long it takes to get to tender from colours?

Like I said I've survived the stressful colours appointment. So if anyone has questions about it ask away.
Hi Emz

We found things moved very quickly after colours I think we did colours to contracts in three or four weeks. It slows down a bit after that as it is out of Henley and your hands. We are now waiting on the building permit, hoping we get it this week and building can start ASAP as we have had to go to our block and clear builders rubbish twice already.
thanks for that emz, I think we'll leave tiles as they are now. husband wanted to keep both bathrooms the same anyway. plus I don't want to keep changing my mind, for me fewer options are sometimes better.

we have our tender next week. what happens? not sure if we will both be able to go.
oh and an update on the flooring, they allowed us to upgrade to the bolero at a discounted price.
still a little more than I was hoping but I'm still happy enough.
Related
16/04/2024
Henley Homes

Building A New House

Hi, If you give a set of criteria as to what means 'good' to you, it'll give others prompts to respond. We considered Henley early on but there were two factors that…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum