Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First build with Celebration Homes: The Imperial

Page 1 of 1
Hello Forum!

I am about to build my first home through Celebration Homes in Aspiri and was looking for ideas and feedback for what to include or change. We basically want to reduce costs in some areas to upgrade others and am sure some of you out there would have some ideas we haven't yet thought about.

We are building the Imperial:
http://www.celebrationhomes.com.au/home-design/imperial

Things we are including (or thinking about including):
- additional tap around the side
- external power points
- surge protector at mains
- conduit piping
- fridge plumbing
- 31C ceilings to lounge, dining

Variations:
- bricking up the door from lounge to activity room.
- smaller windows to bed 2,3,4
- double robes to bed 3,4
- roller door to back yard from garage

Exclusions to cut costs:
- painting ourselves
- exclude carpet to bed 2,3,4

Thoughts??
I really like your variation to remove the door from Family to Activity. That way you really close off that space for current/future children entertainment space.

Is there any reason for the small windows in the bedrooms? Which way is North on your block?

If you are going to use the 'Cinema' room as a Home Theatre I'd recommend you add a door/s to close it off. That way if someone is watching something in there and someone else is in the Family there will be less disturbance by having a closed door.

Also, with the pantry, did you consider extending it out closer to the doorway from the garage to give yourself more storage space?

Overall though it is quite a nice design. Good luck with it all.
When I said smaller, I mean shorter sorry, really just to reduce cost on window treatments and allow better placement of potential furniture. North will be the living/Alfresco/Kitchen side with the Beds 3+4 facing west, so might be a little hot in summer for the future kids.

I like the idea of adding the doors to the cinema/lounge and just mirror the master bedroom doors.

We had considered extending the pantry out a bit, but after looking at the display didnt really know how to make it work. But thanks for reminding me - I'll ask about the possibilities tonight with our rep.

Thanks for the feedback!
Hi Clinno

I agree with extending the pantry, my other suggestion would be to change the shelf in the laundry to cupboard. Otherwise you will have to be very disciplined in keeping it tidy. Also if you have a dryer inside it could make your clothes smell.
I'd move the toilet door forward, so many are quite tight, and you have the space for it.

You could consider moving the master entry door down towards front door and push the WIR to the full width if the room. Less dead space and more storage

I'm a big fan of standard doors in laundries then you can put a bench all the way to the wall but that's a personal preference.

Also consider a broom section to the linen to put vacuum, ironing board etc.

To save money you can put door frames in and add the doors later. I'd add frames to the hallways to the minor bedrooms, block noise but also help with heating and cooling. Anywhere you might want a door down the track add a frame
Well we went through the pricing of our build with the rep last night and after finding out floor coverings weren't included, we've decided to go ahead with the Lennox...

Liking the idea about the doors though!

Thanks everyone anyway! I'll start a new post with the Lennox thoughts.
Hi Clinno
We building the Lennox. There are a few of us building it. Check out my thread you will be able to see our changes.
Related
12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

21/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Congrats. Will be watching this progress and interested to see how you go with summit.

12/05/2024
First Avenue Homes Experience

General Discussion

So it seems like they just take on a lot of projects to get the cashflow for their own builds. COULDN'T AGREE MORE

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum