Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Base Payment by Credit Card

Page 1 of 1
Quick Question,

We received our base stage invoice from Metricon and as we are paying for the first stage with cash, we noticed you can pay via Credit Card ? (thinking about all the QFF Points)

We payed the 3 deposits by Credit Card without any fees but on the invoice it states additional charges may apply ... Any one though what these charges are if any?

Thanks
Just taking a stab in the dark, I know some credit card companies charge businesses a % of sale for fees. So this might be 1-3% depending on cc company. I know diners and Amex usually charge more than visa and MasterCard. Sometimes the company passes this on to the customer because as you can imagine even 1% of a 50,000 payment is a fair bit of money! It would definitely be worthwhile asking what exactly the fees are and then working out if it's still worthwhile doing it for the FF points.
I paid the deposit on my last house by credit card for the FF points, but for all other payments we would have had to pay a credit card surcharge so we used bank transfer.
Related
11/12/2023
POLYMARBLE shower base

Bathrooms and Laundry

I have seen poly marble shower bases last in excess of 30 years

3/10/2023
Final payment for new build in NSW

Building A New House

regardless, your contract stipulates a payments schedule and SOPA doesn't give provision to that scenario. Your contractual terms appear to stand. Hence get a lawyer, it…

9/10/2023
Payment Structure Query in MBA Contract: Seeking Advice

Building A New House

There is no reason why building contract reconciliation cannot be done prior to handover, if the builder won't do it get someone to do it for you. Why would you pay for…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum