Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Blueprint or New Generation

Page 1 of 1
Hey guys!!!

We have just put a deposit down for a lot in WA and are currently deciding on which of these 2 builders to go with. Any previous experience with either companies would be appreciated.

I have looked quite through a few blogs of people who have built with them but I just want to make sure that I am comparing apples with apples and that the quality of both are on par. I'm worried about having to go to prestart and having to upgrade everything!!

Are each company meant to provide you with spec sheets to compare or do some not provide these until you have actually signed with them?

Thanks in advance!!!
I have thinking of going with new generation homes, I hear lots of good feedback and they are part of the Summit Group...
Plenty of people building with New Gen on this forum, and so far seems really good

I found there prices reasonable and very good standard features
We built with New Gen and couldn't be happier!
Our build time was around 4 and a half month - 5 months from slab to handover
The quality of the build was really impressive as well, we had no issues, my fiance is a carpenter who can be fairly picky with quality of tradesman's work but he was so happy and had no complaints.
Our only issues came from before the build started with a slow admin girl and problems with the developers. Our sales consultant was great and really helpful, making all changes we wanted and getting revised plans back to us straight away.
We didn't have to upgrade a lot as the standard inclusions in our package were really good. for example, stone bench tops and ducted air con was included, semi flameless pivot shower screens, 900mm wide appliances, the shower head that came with our package was an upgraded one (we actually down graded it because my fiance wanted the more basic one haha). It included as standard things like Colorbond roof, Westpine blue timber rather than untreated which they spray later, choice of 1 or 2 course bricks which I know some builders charge extra to have because they aren't 'fast walls'.
Best of all was our site supervisor, he was so helpful and so efficient. He had about 35 houses on the go and had a good turnover time. We had our PCI on a Monday and handover on the Wednesday - two days instead of the standard two weeks.
Fast can sound bad but not when it is good quality.
My sister started her build at the same time as us with Home Group and wont have handover for at least another month whereas ours was two months ago.
But I have heard bad things from New Gen, someone building up in Lansdale had a really slack SS who was nowhere near as good as ours down in Hammond Park.
Unfortunately it all depends on who you get with all companies.
I am sure if you ask they can give you a breakdown of what is standard inclusions, we never asked and they never gave us anything beyond the brochure for the package we chose that listed the main things.
Do your research and definitely read threads on here - from your area if possible - to get a good idea of the builder.
felicity01
We built with New Gen and couldn't be happier!
Our build time was around 4 and a half month - 5 months from slab to handover
The quality of the build was really impressive as well, we had no issues, my fiance is a carpenter who can be fairly picky with quality of tradesman's work but he was so happy and had no complaints.
Our only issues came from before the build started with a slow admin girl and problems with the developers. Our sales consultant was great and really helpful, making all changes we wanted and getting revised plans back to us straight away.
We didn't have to upgrade a lot as the standard inclusions in our package were really good. for example, stone bench tops and ducted air con was included, semi flameless pivot shower screens, 900mm wide appliances, the shower head that came with our package was an upgraded one (we actually down graded it because my fiance wanted the more basic one haha). It included as standard things like Colorbond roof, Westpine blue timber rather than untreated which they spray later, choice of 1 or 2 course bricks which I know some builders charge extra to have because they aren't 'fast walls'.
Best of all was our site supervisor, he was so helpful and so efficient. He had about 35 houses on the go and had a good turnover time. We had our PCI on a Monday and handover on the Wednesday - two days instead of the standard two weeks.
Fast can sound bad but not when it is good quality.
My sister started her build at the same time as us with Home Group and wont have handover for at least another month whereas ours was two months ago.
But I have heard bad things from New Gen, someone building up in Lansdale had a really slack SS who was nowhere near as good as ours down in Hammond Park.
Unfortunately it all depends on who you get with all companies.
I am sure if you ask they can give you a breakdown of what is standard inclusions, we never asked and they never gave us anything beyond the brochure for the package we chose that listed the main things.
Do your research and definitely read threads on here - from your area if possible - to get a good idea of the builder.

our new gen sales rep was saying single bricks cost more? I really like single course bricks, but hopefully they wont charge me
Hi if you are considering New Generation - Please let me know. We have build with summit and they were great - same parent company! I also have a $ surprise of you proceed with them ... let me know and we can discuss...
we signed up with new gen
have you already signed your initial quote paperwork?
Happy Owner
have you already signed your initial quote paperwork?

yep we have already signed up and paid the deposit
We are looking at New Gen aswell. We loved and almost went with National Homes, however I have read nothing but bad reports - waaa
haha
Such a hard decision choosing a builder, I just don't want any stuff arounds.
Related
21/06/2023
New Pergola

Outdoor Living

Is there a building permit? RU in Victoria? What is the value of the building contract?

29/06/2023
Installing a new shower do l need a plumber

Bathrooms and Laundry

Ask yourself if the insurance company will be aware of the Reno.

26/06/2023
New House

Building A New House

Yes well there solution is to blame everyone else while I a 65yr old woman with major medical problems have to just continue to boil water and wash myself in a bucket…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum