Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Retaining Wall

Page 1 of 1
We are building with Porter Davis and about two weeks away from handover, we are having huge issues with retaining wall. Can anyone recommend an independent inspector or someone that can help us with this issue? We have fixed site costs and wondering if that is affecting out outcome. It's has been 2 business days since an email has been sent to builder and we are yet to receive a reply.

Thanks Sam
Hi Sam, which state/area are you in?
Oh sorry, that would have helped, northern suburbs of melbourne.

Cheers
We are also thinking of discussing with PD some concerns we have about retaining walls.

In our engineering plan there are two brick retaining walls on the two sides of the house. After speaking with PD they confirmed retaining walls are not required.

Initially I thought it is a good thing and I can also save some money. But this may become an issue during fence and landscaping as I have seen many people in this forum have experienced this.
Related
7/03/2024
Retaining wall to garage wall

Building A New House

Thank you again Simeon.. I will call my certifier for that. Have a good day

7/07/2023
Retaining wall questions

Landscape & Garden Design

Not sure what council area you are in. Some LGA's allow zero lot retaining walls. This usually occurs in greenfield developments but not often in established areas. You…

16/07/2023
Options for Retaining Wall Sloping Hill

Landscape & Garden Design

Howdy all. I am looking for feedback on what people would do to maximise and make an area as flat as possible. First, out the front of the house is a sloping hill, pretty…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum