Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Builder trying to scam? "Provide one ADDITIONAL site clean"

Page 1 of 1
In my current build contract that I am about to sign, I noticed they put one clause to "provide one additional site clean" which cost $1140 (provisional) extra, so I am wondering if this is just the way builder trying to scam us first time home builder? Why would I need "ADDITIONAL" site clean? Isn't site clean part of the contract? Why can't they clean the site properly the first time around without having to do "additional" cleaning?!
What does your builder say this clean is for? Is it supposed to be a second clean after the landscapers have been through or similar? It's odd that they'd need to do extra cleanings unless you are building in stages or have asked for it specifically for some reason?
perhaps it's a site scrape?

If your lot has excessive vegetation (weeds,small shrubs etc) builders will usually clear it if it will interfere with any building activities.
Nope, he didn't provide any reason at all, and I am going to talk to him about it soon.
The land I got is almost perfectly levelled, so there will be minimum scraping and absolutely no vegetation on the land.
Weird, I don't remember seeing that in ours - as it's got a provisional price listing, is it in the tender or the contract? :s Or both?

P.S. Dr House where are you building and which Plantation house? Do you have a build thread?
Related
24/03/2024
Building Near Train Track - Additional Cost for Acoustics

Building A New House

Our standard double-glazed window is tested to achieve, Rw 34, and can be glazed to suit Rw 39. The price is good too...

23/03/2024
Fridge Freezer not working after trying to run on Generator

Kitchen Appliances

I had a similar issue with my fridge not too long ago. It wasn't the same model, but the symptoms were pretty much the same: the compressor would start and then stop…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum