Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Inspector in Adelaide

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

I am looking for a new building inspector that works in Adelaide (see post re: Cracks in Slab for more info on why). I am hoping that someone will be able to recommend someone that they have used and were happy with because we have no idea who to use (and picked our current potential inspector out of the yellow pages after asking questions (and look where that got us
).

We are building at Craigburn Farm.

Thanks very much in advance.
Try Steve Duckworth
Hi Craigburn

We are thinking of getting an independent inspector to oversee our house build.

We recieved a flyer in the post last week from Better Home & Building Inspection Service ..somehow they have found out that we are building soon and have recommended that we get an independent inspection as councils no longer carry out staged inspections of the works.
Sorry that I can,t actually recommend anyone,but here is their web address if you want to contact them.......betterhomeinspections.com ..... freecall 1800024200

If you don,t mind me asking,who are you building with?

We,re building with Hickinbotham Homes at Mount Compass.

Good luck with everything

Cheers Mel
Hi Mel,

We are also building with Hickinbotham (the Coventry spa - split level) at Blackwood Park. We are still finalising our paperwork with the builder and have only just paid a deposit so we won't have a slab (ie. anything to inspect) for probably six months but are just wanting to be on the ball.

Which design are you building and how have you found Hickinbotham to date? What stage are you up to?
Hi Craigburn

It,s great to hear of someone else on here thats building with Hickinbotham!

We,re building the Ambassador (it,s a 2 storey)

We have just recieved our OK to start date,so they should be starting in about 2 weeks!!!!!!

Unfortunately the process so far has been very slow and tedious and we,ve really had to check very carefully all of the papework etc.
There have been a few mistakes and a lack of communication not from us but in the administration area. I don,t know if you,ve had any problems but any time that we ring them,we never actually get hold of the person that we want and so we leave a message but have NEVER had a call returned

In the end we had to get our consultant to liase for us and even he had trouble with people not returning calls

I think that maybe we have been too nice and should have ranted and raved a bit

We signed up in July 07....so it will be around 11 months that we have been waiting by the time that they start

It,s been disappointing but hopefully the building process will be a lot better

Of course just to add to it all,we have to move out of our rental next month!

It,s exciting now that the start date is finally getting closer

How have you found them so far.

I was talking to someone the other day that is building with them and he said that he has been most impressed with the administration side of things,in fact he raved about it

The main thing is that they have got a great building reputation

Keep me posted on your progress and good luck with it all

Cheers Mel
I've been using Archicentre for my inspections. I'm happy with them. The inspector has been very good to deal with.
I hope all goes well for you but Hick**botham and Sta**man homes are the same company, I have had and heard of many horror stories and some good, It would be wise to have an indrependant inspector.
Related
9/02/2024
My Building inspector v My builder's inspector

General Discussion

I would send it to the certifier who is technically your representative and working on your behalf not the builder's

15/02/2024
Building Inspector recommendation in South Australia?

Building A New House

Adam Baines Grad Cert Bldg Surv / Grad Dip Bldg Surv / MSAAPA Accredited Building Professional APB20210035 Builders Lic 183023 Pest Control Lic 84868 Ph 0412202336 PO…

23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations for Melbourne VIC?

Building A New House

I have posted this before: We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum