Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Elmswood Estate in Keysborough

Page 1 of 1
Hello,

Anybody building in Elmswood in Keysborough? Just purchased a block and I am starting to build with Metricon next Year.

Share your experiences of the estate?
Hello!

Just joined and saw your thread. Yes we are building in elmswood....if our builder gets on with it. W are still working though a very slow admin phase.

Have you started building your home yet? Single or double story?

Good luck
heaps of houses are being built right now at Elmswood. I heard all lots are sold except one.
Hi anyone building with PD at elmswood?
My neighbour is.... There are lots of PD going up in the area. I drove by on Monday and it was mayhem to get in there with all the cars, trucks, cranes etc. I would hate to be living in all that right now! Have you guys started building yet?
I am building Metricon in Elmswood, there seems to be only four builders, MEtricon, Porter Davis, Carlisle and Henley.

looks like a great estate
Have they started building your house yet mike?
Hi ds,
Nope, we will starting in July. we are in stage 5. How's your house coming up?. i was in the estate yesterday, things have cleared now and looks much better with trees around!!
I agree RU22 it is looking so much better with the tree around. Our house has just reached lockup.... hopeful you can be in before xmas??
Well hope so... you are not far from handover must be excited.
Are you building a single or double? We are at least 4 to 5 months away from the house being finished! I wish I was at handover! It may be your money but you don't have a idea what's going to happen next or any control over what happens! You just have to trust! (And possibly complain!)
We are building double storey with porterdavis. I agree with you, even though its our money we have very little to say. Just wondering why would it take 5 more months for you?
Burbank say it take 6 months to build a double story. We have been told ours may take 7 due do some of the upgrades taking longer. Why you ask? I don't know...because their builder and they like spinning you all kinds of #$%@!

How long does Porter Davis take on their double stories?
In my contract its 30 weeks so 7 months. i met someone in the the estate who have already built with porter davis and they told me it only took 5 months for a 45 square double storey with no major issues.
Fingers crossed... I look forward in reading about your build!
Yup, Finger crossed.. Sure will update as we go..
Guys, can anyone please suggest Building inspector around Keysborough area?
Hi ru22
We hired a building inspector about 2 weeks ago in keysborough for lockup stage.
The company name is south eastern property inspections.
Hi, would you recommend their services?
Hey KV are you looking for an inspector? I am happy to PM you my guys details if you are interested.
Related
26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum