Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Eden Brae Hawthorne 23, Nth Kellyville: piers-ed off.

Page 1 of 2
So I thought I would start a build thread, we have purchased a house & land package through Eden Brae homes in the White Gum Ridge estate, Nth Kellyville NSW.
http://www.gcc.nsw.gov.au/northkellyville-40.html
My Wife and I have been looking at building for a number of years now and have always gravitated towards Eden Brae and are finally in a position to build our first house together.
We weren't actively looking to purchase a house and land package when we drove around the new estates in the Nth Kellyville area and happened across the White Gum Ridge signs. A couple of phone calls and a visit to the display homes later we had decided to put deposits down to hold the land as the blocks were selling fast.
We have purchased a block just the shy side of 500Sqm and it is reasonably rectangular.

The block is fairly flat with a 285mm drop from the rear right corner to the front left corner.
We are going to build a Hawthorne 23 in a corner configuration as this fits nicely on the block and is the best way for the nth facing aspect. This gives us morning sun into the alfresco & living side of the house and afternoon sun onto the blind side and the garage matched the crossover.

So far we have Settled the Block of land, have signed tender & contracts have made all colour selections and are only waiting for 2 more post contract variations to be completed to finish out the selection process.
CDC has been applied for and is expected next week. This gives us an estimated site start of Mid December.
COLOUR SELECTIONS

EXTERNAL

Bricks - PGH Festuca (Same as Hawthorne 23 image in above post)
Roof - Colorbond Monument (Would have changed to Basalt but this would extend out CDC timeframe too much, New colours came out after our selection...I work for BlueScope, manufacturing Colorbond and couldn't get samples or see the new colours prior to release)
Gutter - Monument
Fascia - Dune
Garage - Dune
Slimline water tank - Dune
Portico - Dune
Window frames - Classic Black
Front door - 'Eden' Tri panel with clear glazing (as per image on above post)

INTERNAL COLOURS

Everything inside will be white and earthy greys
Walls - Taubmans June Fog
Trim - Taubmans Crisp White (Semi Gloss)
Kitchen cupboards - Polar white (Silk Finish)
Kitchen Bench - Essastone New crystal Salt (20mm)
Bathroom, Ensuite Cupboards - Polar White
Bathroom, Ensuite Benchtops - Fresh Snow.
Floor tiles - Pietra Mediterranea Grigio 600x600
Hi HealthWild,

Is it your lot that is already having a fence?
Hi Castlino, no that one isn't mine. Mine is the block about halfway along white gum place with a big hole in the footpath.

Oh i see, i thought it is was yours. Just kind of weird that the lot already got a fence when nothing still inside it but soil.
I don't think that lot has sold yet either? It has the electrical sub-station on it.

Good news for us, CDC has been approved and submitted to Council so approvals should be ready by the end of November. Still have fingers crossed for a December site start.
The last PCV has finally been signed off, it only took Kitchen Culture a month to submit it to Eden Brae after we accepted their quotation.
Congrats. I guess a slab by December is realistic on your lot now. But don't they have a holiday shutdown/break?
CSA has said they don't stop completely over Xmas just a slowdown for a week or 2.
Saw that your frame had been delivered! Is probably up by now.

Our CSA said the same thing, she also told us at our site start appoint not to be surprised if our house is finished well before the end of the contract date. So have you had the DA check Heath? Ours went pretty quick from receipt of the stamped plans to site start appointment. As long as you keep up your end of things with sending documents back, they seem to move pretty quick.
CDC has been submitted to council for certification, should be done next week. Then it's drawings and go time!

Good stuff, not long now!
HeathWilD
CSA has said they don't stop completely over Xmas just a slowdown for a week or 2.
Saw that your frame had been delivered! Is probably up by now.

Yeah, it is currently being assembled as i speak. Our SS just emailed me his weekly update on the jobs done. Its says we are also booked for pluming rough-in and bricks next week.

Wow that's good news! I really thought they have shutdown or something as we have in the company i'm working with.
They are flying on your place Castlino!
Council approvals all complete, all variations confirmed, Final variation letter submitted to the builder.
Next step the estimator confirms all costs and the Final drawings are ordered.

6 Months since our initial deposits.
3 Months since contracts were signed.

Getting closer.
Have they booked you in for a site start appointment yet? We are in the magical 20 days just waiting to start. Have our SS assigned so hopefully not too long and we will see some action on our block. Make sure when you go to site start that the construction plans match all of your amendments and basix certificate. Our basix plan didnt match the certificate so had to have the certificate and plans redone but it didnt slow us down too much, maybe a week.
Hi Rem, not booked in for site start yet, hoping everything is correct, have picked up a couple of minor variation errors but everything else looks ok...

Regarding site start. As soon as our CSA assigns us an SS, site start started within a week.
We spoke to our CSA today, she said that a SS would be assigned yet his contact details have been on EB connect for 3 days, told her this and she confirmed we had been assigned. So we then asked roughly how long does she think until they are on site and she said most probably mid to end of December. Our 20 days to enter construction started on Monday so it runs out on 16th of December. Hopefully she is just giving us the safe estimate of using the whole 20 days. There are only 5 blocks in the estate with red pegs that have had no action and one of those blocks is ours. The other 4 have been pegged out for at least 5 -6 weeks. I assume they have hold ups with their final admin phase otherwise I would have thought they would be close to at least site scrape by now. If our CSA is correct then we will be lucky to have a slab by Xmas when I was hoping to have a frame by then.
Have just received an email from our CSA letting us know that all requirements have been fulfilled and we are booked in for a peg out this Thursday.
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

14/03/2024
Flooring on brick piers

Old Home Restoration / Renovation

could be anything but it looks like styrofoam

7/05/2024
How to prevent piers to be over-drilled?

Building A New House

I am building a new residential house. The structural engineer suggests drilling 60 bored piers which are no less than 600mm deep and at lest 300mm in stiff clay. If…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum