Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

KiwiGalAbroad's Build,Yanchep-PCI Done -Keys two weeks

Page 1 of 20
I was trying really hard not to start my own thread too early, and I held out for ages, but alas I have given in !!

Hubby and I plus 4 kids are really excited to be building our first home. We have been living in Butler and like the Northern Suburbs so wanted to build near here, however the price of land has gone silly so we ended up where the budget would allow and have bought a 519m2 block in Yanchep. Hubby works in Joondalup so the drive to work will be a breeze down Wanneroo Rd.

We have chosen C.mmodo.e Homes and have been satisfied by the service so far. The titles on our block are due in two weeks so the site survey is currently being organised. Our plan is bits and pieces of the houses we liked the best, we started with The Challenger Plus and changed the kitchen/laundry to The Corsica and moved the activity . We then had to flip half the house so the living area is north facing, it now looks nothing like the original ! Will post plans once I work out how !

Time Line :

13/05/13 First contact with builder
23/05/13 First draft of plan
12/06/13 Sign land docs
26/06/13 Sign PWA
17/09/13 Early contracts
28/09/13 Finance Docs
24/10/13 Finance approval
29/10/13 Land practical completion
06/11/13 Land title issued
20/11/13 Settlement on land
20/12/13 Remaining Contracts
23/01/14 Tap
20/02/14 Prestart
10/03/14 Final Plans - v1
18/03/14 Final Plans - v2
14/04/14 Final Plans - v3
22/04/14 Final Plans - v4 Finally Correct !
29/04/14 Scheduling
14/05/14 Construction
23/05/14 Site Works (photos pg8 )
05/06/14 Slabbed !!
28/06/14 Bricks Delivered ( photo pg 11)
28/07/14 Brick work started
04/08/14 SS Meeting
10/09/14 Brick work finished
16/09/14 Roof Timber delivered
18/09/14 Roof Frame Started
03/10/14 Roof Frame Finished
03/10/14 Electrical & Plumbing
14/10/14 Colourbond (photos pg 16)
02/11/14 Grey Float completed
03/11/14 Ceilings Installed
04/11/14 Cornices and Ceiling plaster complete
06/11/14 Solar Hot Water Panels installed
17/11/14 White Float start
19/11/14 Front render done
20/11/14 White float completed
20/11/14 Doors Installed
21/11/14 Cupboard Shelves Installed
22/11/14 Bath Installed
24/11/14 Phone & Data
25/11/14 Windows ( LOCK UP)
02/12/14 Cabinets installed
05/12/14 Tiles delivered, Robe doors installed
09/12/14 Tile meeting
13/12/14 Tiling Started (wet areas)
16/12/14 Tiling Finished (wet areas), Basins installed, Ceilings painted
09/01/15 Concrete laid in Garage
27/01/15 Floor Tiles Finished
02/02/15 Painting completed
03/02/15 Paving
13/02/15 PCI booked
This is The Challenger Plus, the house the inspired our design

This is our design

Since this version was drawn we have added a linen cupboard to the back of the pantry, which made the entry to the study smaller and we have taken out the trough and linen in the laundry and added in a proper bench with sink and cupboards, wall cupboards and a broom cupboard.
Also the door on the WIR doesn't exist, it was drawn in the wrong place.
There's no such thing as too early! I'll bet you can't wait until the block settles
I actually high fived my 3 yo today when I found out titles are two weeks away
Nothing wrong with that .....I'll bet they'll be excited when they are running around in your back yard this time next year
Woohoo! How exciting
Can't wait to follow your build.
I can't wait till there is a "build" !! LOL
We have just spent the past few months visiting our block every weekend as it was transformed from a paddock into a workable block of land......but now its done we have nothing to do !!!

From this:

To This :
Yay Titles have been issued !!

We got an email on the 31st Oct saying the block was at practical completion and that the titles would be approx the 18th Nov, so very pleased that they were this fast

Although I would be a bit delusional to think all things happen this fast
Whoohoo for titles being released
We are also building with C homes so am looking forward to following your build progress too
Our titles were supposed to be released last month but have been delayed until Jan

Have you had your pre-start yet? I asked about getting the pre-start info early but they told me they don't do that until the site inspection etc which I was a bit annoyed about but oh well!!
Hi Sinurt

Wow that's a bugger about your titles , that would definitely do my head in !

We are just waiting for site survey, then contracts, then we can book our prestart ! That's the bit I've been waiting for
Fantastic I built in clarkson 18 year ago (I would like to say I was 8 at the time lol) however back in the day we would take our 4wd through the end of Marmion Ave through pipindiny and still not reach Yanchep ......these days Marmion Abe goes straight to Yanchep and it's a suburb rather than outer country.....congratulations on your block.

Ps
My DS always does his summer swimming lessons at the lagoon such a cool spor
Ps congratulations on titles issuing
AKB
Fantastic I built in clarkson 18 year ago (I would like to say I was 8 at the time lol) however back in the day we would take our 4wd through the end of Marmion Ave through pipindiny and still not reach Yanchep ......these days Marmion Abe goes straight to Yanchep and it's a suburb rather than outer country.....congratulations on your block.

Ps
My DS always does his summer swimming lessons at the lagoon such a cool spor

Haha, yes we quite often have people tell us of the days when Yanchep was a day trip away. We are still discovering the area, and went to look at the lagoon last weekend, so pretty down there.
Well i often read about builders who have multiple staff changes and today I received a letter in the post from my builder, saying my pre-construction consultant had changed - I hope its the one and only change and not a sign .
KiwiGalAbroad
Well i often read about builders who have multiple staff changes and today I received a letter in the post from my builder, saying my pre-construction consultant had changed - I hope its the one and only change and not a sign .

Lol funny I got that same letter last month, although no idea who my pre-construction consultant was!! Also I was told the new one would contact me shortly to introduce herself and still haven't heard from her!!
Haha sounds like we both got the standard run of the mill lip service then ! At least there consistant.
I have to admit, I got kind of excited today to see my actual address ( not my lot number) on some docs I received today . Land settlement in two days, all should go to plan
Settlement on the land has just gone through - officially land owners

Hubby thinks we should go pitch a tent on our section !!

Now to put up rocket up the builders bum and get them to hurry up !
Currently waiting (key theme while building !!) for drafting and final contracts, can't wait for this to be over so we can finally go to pre start - then it might start to seem real.
Related
20/06/2023
Pre-construction stage- Variations taking 6+ weeks to comple

General Discussion

The fastest thing a builder will do is bank your cheque, those systems work perfectly with lightning speed, everything else is slow burn. Just the way it is.

29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

18/08/2023
PCI - How thorough were you?

Building A New House

We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports with photos at every stage,…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum