Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

About CTTT to a builder

Page 1 of 1
Hi

I am currently building a house with a builder, it's nearly finished but unfortunately the builder seems to be disappeared and there are still some remaining work left that within the contract. The builder's license is expired and Fair trading is currently investigating this builder and refused to provide more information about it or when they can finalize the case. It also suggested me to lodge an application to CTTT if we want to get the refund of the remaining work that they haven't done. Not sure if anyone here has experience with it? Is it easy to get my money back. Is it taking long to enforce? Any suggestion is appreciated!
My mum went through cttt a few years ago it was as quick and painless as something like that could be. She had to go twice but it was all settled in around a month from memory. We're probably talking quite different amounts though - company was trying to claim over $1k when their "quote" was under $300 + she was claiming that she shouldn't have to pay rather than trying to get money back.

You might want to ask who you're meant to be serving if the builder can't be found and just double check that there actually is some insurance or other way to get your money if awarded otherwise it would seem a pointless exercise.
Related
1/04/2024
Custom builder or pay for own floor plan and take to builder

Building A New House

Hi Mofflepop, I would recommend finding a building designer to prepare plans, they should design to your specified budget. The benefit is you can tender the project out…

20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum