Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Flossy's Casa In Alkimos Beach

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

Quick introduction; around 3 weeks ago, my partner and I were chatting about building a home. After having appointments and chats with sales reps who tried to sell us the wrong kind of land (and size) for the house we wanted to build, we found a great sales rep from Commodore Homes. We are about to sign on the dotted line for a house I love the plans of and beautiful flat block in Alkimos Beach.

To be honest, I was starting to feel very daunted and overwhelmed with the things that were on offer and the almost highway robbery prices of land. Thankfully my FIL has been in the building business for quite a long time and has been giving us guidance and advice on what we should be looking for.

We are getting a great deal with Commodore Homes and couldn't be happier. Looking forward to using the Essastone benchtops hehe.

So exciting but so scary at the same time.
hi and welcome
can you post pics of land and plans
congrats on how things are progressing
We are in Alkimos Beach too ! where abouts are you ? am looking forward to the completion its going to be really nice
Hi! Another Alkimos Beacher here, waiting on slab

How's your progress?
bs12 where in alkimos are you ? We aren't too far behind you just about to sign the final contracts and do pre-start !
Hey Anna,

Grasswren Way, Alkimos Beach
You?
Welcome Flossy!!!
H1 makes the excitement last longer!!
Good luck on the build.
It is very daunting, there are so many builders each with 100s of plans and offers to choose from. After we signed we found the paperwork and legal side of things really slow but as soon as we went into construction things are flying along..
BS12
Hey Anna,

Grasswren Way, Alkimos Beach
You?

Fairy parade across from the future public school, so close to you ! we are actually the very last house on the street next to the gated off part and we didnt find out till after that the next part is actually the very last installment of the estate ! so will just be sand for a pretty long time. on the plus side it might add value to our property since its right next door. so excited about building there, who are you building with ?
Anna85
Fairy parade across from the future public school, so close to you ! we are actually the very last house on the street next to the gated off part and we didnt find out till after that the next part is actually the very last installment of the estate ! so will just be sand for a pretty long time. on the plus side it might add value to our property since its right next door. so excited about building there, who are you building with ?

Oh yeah cool I know where that is
Yes it will gain value, as mine has since it titled last October!

Building with Commodore Homes, and yourself?
BS12
Anna85

Oh yeah cool I know where that is
Yes it will gain value, as mine has since it titled last October!

Building with Commodore Homes, and yourself?

excellent ! we were titled in april this year. Building with choice by projex. they have a display there currently. Building a 4 x 2 called the boracay with a few tweaks to the design (needed a portico). Once i figure out how to work this site i will post up some pics. Just waiting for final contracts now, and ive finally just chose my render colours. only thing thats left is the floor tile, carpets and pavers to choose really. How has your experience been ?
Oh cool yeah I like their display! Innovative construction technique too.
Great design! Love the kitchen/living/dining space!
Mine so far has been very slow. Land titled September last year, signed prelim contracts around October, earthworks only just about to start in the next couple of weeks. Not to worry though
We are on Pectoral Prom ( haha gotta love that name) just signed contracts last Monday! expecting a call for prestart any day now. Have you chosen colours etc yet?
We are on Malleefowl way... Will look at builders in the new year
Jessc
We are on Pectoral Prom ( haha gotta love that name) just signed contracts last Monday! expecting a call for prestart any day now. Have you chosen colours etc yet?

is that one of the blocks facing the future playing fields ?
Hi Anna, we are up the other end
pre start tomorrow! Very exciting
oh thats so awesome. dont forget to tell us all about pre-start ! i have been to european ceramics now about 8 times and finally happy with all of my colour choices

once i get some pics together i will post them still only early days, but should get to the contract this week (they originally said no later than 4 weeks, its now been 7 ahhhhh)
We are building in partridge view! Should have handover in about 6 weeks!! Will have to start packing!
Redinker
We are building in partridge view! Should have handover in about 6 weeks!! Will have to start packing!

Partridge has been flat out recently; houses popping up everywhere!
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum