Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Carlisle Homes - Addison First Home Builders/Buyers

Page 1 of 1
Hey Guys!

I think we have decided after a LOT of research that we want to build with Carlisle Homes and we love the Addison (24 or 26 depending on prices).

Just wondering if anyone else is thinking of this floorplan, started building it or have any photographs of their build of the Addison?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Katie
congrats!! so glad you have decided on a carlisle house!!! yay
Thats exciting! we were looking at the Addison, but decided on the Bellevue instead.
Where you building??
NatTabs
Thats exciting! we were looking at the Addison, but decided on the Bellevue instead.
Where you building??

Yeah the Bellevue was beautiful when we visited the display in Melton South, but it's too big and expensive for us. The addison is even stretching it in price haha.

We want to build in an Estate called Warralily which is in between Ocean Grove and Geelong. It's about 10 mins from Geelong CBD, 10 minutes from Bells Beach in Torquay and Ocean Grove/Barwon Heads, they are building schools, ovals, parks, shopping centre etc etc...
Sounds perfect for us! We LOVE Geelong. We used to live there when i was going to Uni and i would commute to Melbourne on the train.
It was just really handy being only 45 mins to Melbourne for the weekend if we wanted, then like 20 minutes to the beaches and the shopping and people are great! Plus it only takes us like 5 minutes to get anywhere in Geelong compared to Melbourne.

We are looking at buying next June when we have a deposit saved! Where did you guys end up building?

x

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So as far as pricing goes we are thinking the 24 will probably be better for us! It's narrower in width too which means a smaller block and cheaper! Unfortunately there aren't any displays of this size for us to check out though!
KateRG88
Yeah the Bellevue was beautiful when we visited the display in Melton South, but it's too big and expensive for us. The addison is even stretching it in price haha.

We want to build in an Estate called Warralily which is in between Ocean Grove and Geelong. It's about 10 mins from Geelong CBD, 10 minutes from Bells Beach in Torquay and Ocean Grove/Barwon Heads, they are building schools, ovals, parks, shopping centre etc etc...
Sounds perfect for us! We LOVE Geelong. We used to live there when i was going to Uni and i would commute to Melbourne on the train.
It was just really handy being only 45 mins to Melbourne for the weekend if we wanted, then like 20 minutes to the beaches and the shopping and people are great! Plus it only takes us like 5 minutes to get anywhere in Geelong compared to Melbourne.

We are looking at buying next June when we have a deposit saved! Where did you guys end up building?

x

Had a look at your blog... Its wonderful!!
Warralily looks great! A lot of my family is from the Geelong/Anglesea area, its just stunning down there, great for staring a family!!
my BF and I are building in Gisborne, up in the Hills! I grew up in the area and just adore it!
Look forward to keeping up with your story hun!!
NatTabs
KateRG88

x

Had a look at your blog... Its wonderful!!
Warralily looks great! A lot of my family is from the Geelong/Anglesea area, its just stunning down there, great for staring a family!!
my BF and I are building in Gisborne, up in the Hills! I grew up in the area and just adore it!
Look forward to keeping up with your story hun!!

Awwe haha thank you so much!

I can't wait until we can actually start putting photos up of our ACTUAL house when we start next year!
I really love Geelong and the Surf Coast! I don't think i have ever been to Gisborne before? I bet it's beautiful up that way though!
xo
That's awesome! We're going to build the Addison too, originally in Warralily but decided on Lara instead (more expensive but better for work). Have you decided on colours?
leeamja
That's awesome! We're going to build the Addison too, originally in Warralily but decided on Lara instead (more expensive but better for work). Have you decided on colours?

Oh cool! That's so exciting! Are you going to do a web page or blog for progress photos? I would love to see! Is it the flipped version or the garage on the left?

We are still saving, so haven't officially chosen colours yet, but on my blog i have all the colour combos i want! I have a pretty good idea of everything i want anyways. http://katieandnathanslife.blogspot.com ... ation.html

When is your start date?

Katie x
I'm probably not going to do a blog or anything, wayyy too busy with work

We will have the flipped version, don't know exactly how the driveway will work as our land is not quite rectangular (wider at the front than the back).
We don't have a start date yet as our land is yet to title, but will be somewhere round March to May...can't believe how quickly it's all happening!
Did our colour selection on Weds at Spectra - was awesome! Didn't take as long as I expected, the longest part was probably the Electrical side. Just gotta wait til tender to see how more expensive we made it with upgrades!
But still waiting for the land to title...gotta stop driving past the block to see how its going!
leeamja
Did our colour selection on Weds at Spectra - was awesome! Didn't take as long as I expected, the longest part was probably the Electrical side. Just gotta wait til tender to see how more expensive we made it with upgrades!
But still waiting for the land to title...gotta stop driving past the block to see how its going!

Oh wow how exciting! Did you know what you were after before you went in, or did you just wing it?

At least i think they let you cut back on things at the tender stage so you can keep it in budget. It will just be the part where you have to part with your upgrades to cut it down that will be hard! haha.

Good luck!
We had a fairly good idea with colours, as for other things like bricks, basins, handles etc. we knew from colour browse. Was just the electrical we had issues with as I'm not too good with reading floor plans!

We were lucky that our colour consultant was very helpful and found a lot of matching colours for us - she said the colours flow nicely so it will be good to see built!

Have you got a block in Warralily yet? I think they've got plenty of lots left, well priced too!
leeamja
We had a fairly good idea with colours, as for other things like bricks, basins, handles etc. we knew from colour browse. Was just the electrical we had issues with as I'm not too good with reading floor plans!

We were lucky that our colour consultant was very helpful and found a lot of matching colours for us - she said the colours flow nicely so it will be good to see built!

Have you got a block in Warralily yet? I think they've got plenty of lots left, well priced too!

No block yet! We are still in the saving a deposit stage. Struggling to save still. Just two steps forward one step back.
My sisters getting married in the USA this year so that will be a bit of a blow to the savings too! But trying our hardest to make it work haha. Did it take you guys long to save up and get sorted?

Can't wait until we can actually start making plans though! There is still lots of blocks left in Warralily, so hopefully still good ones when we are ready!
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

24/04/2024
Carlisle Building Experience

Building A New House

Carlisle use to sneak a water resistant "Performance Solution" into their contracts. Have you checked your contract for same?

6/06/2024
Omni built homes brisbane - builders feedback

General Discussion

We did. Omni was very flexible in design changes. Communication was excellent throughout the entire process. The quality of the build visually (not an expert) was better…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum