Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building in Mulgoa Rise?

Page 1 of 33
Hi all,

I thought it would be great to start a thread for those building in Mulgoa Rise. If you are, what stage are you building in? Our block should be registered next month.

We are awaiting on plans from our builder and then will start the submission process with the developer. Has anyone had any experience with that?

Cheers
dream_home93
Footpaths are going in. Hopefully the fence will be moved soon.
I think it's just us so far and my neighbours to be.
I will send them a PM to join the forum a d we can follow each others builds.
I haven't been over to look for a while. We have just sold our house so getting ready to move in with my parents.
We are up in 3D.
How is your progress with M? We are waiting for our plans to be drawn.
Hi everyone,

My girlfriend and I have purchased in stage 3D. We walk around the estate every week watching the houses go up. Exciting times ahead, looking forward to our 1st house.

Many of the houses in Ewan James Drive look to be nearing completion (stage 2C).
Hi Kjhosko and Goodlife.

Welcome! Yes I have noticed that about two houses have finished on Ewan James Drive and the owners have moved in!

I drove up yesterday after work and the form work for the footpath was done. They will probably pour today sometime.

Kjhosko, no news from M. Still awaiting plans to be drawn. We've handed in our external colours and just waiting. Land should be registered soon so hopefully things will progress.

Goodlife, who are you going to build with?
dream_home93
Goodlife, who are you going to build with?

We have been in preliminary talks with Roselea but nothing is set in stone yet. We really like their Paradise display home and would like to build it in 26 square version. We have been waiting for the land buying process to be 100% over before we start talking with them more seriously (one thing at a time). They have a couple of homes going up now in Parkway Ave that we have been spying on every week.

What about you? Will be good once the fence is down and we have access.
Dream_home: sounds like we are at the same stage. Give your SC a call and chase things up. We have done that this week and things seem to be moving now.
What brick did you choose? We haven't done our external colours yet, I thought we handed that in at the colours room? Or does it go to our SC?

Good life: which part of 3d are you in? We are on Binyang.
Goodlife, we are building the Villina Grande with Masterton. Cannot wait for fences to be down.

Kjhosko, our SC told us that we needed to get the external colours sheet back to them prior to plans so I'm unsure? We just did what we were told and gave it back to her. As for brick choice, well... I didn't like any so we got a price on bagging and painting the sides of the house (render and board at the front). However, the MR Sales Guy spoke to the design team who would "prefer" that we didn't bag and paint as we are a corner block. I would "prefer" to have something I like. Hubby let them know he wasn't very happy so the MR sales rep will go back to the team when we have a plan of the articulated side. I really don't want to make a choice based on what they prefer. Why should we have to have bricks if they do not suit the house?

What bricks are you going with?
I agree, you should get to choose what you want. No where in the guidelines does it say that the house has to be brick, just that corner blocks have to appeal to both sides and a mixture of materials. I am not sure there is much they can do to stop you. I would keep pushing!

I think we are going to go with leisure from Austral. We keep changing our minds but i am over driving around The Ponds looking at different brick colours - thy are all starting to look the same.

I might speak to our SC and confirm when we have to return the selections. They also told us this week that we have to tell them asap if we are going to put in a pool or not. I dont know why considering its not going to be close enough to the house to require extra piering. I will have the power put outside regardless
Kjhosko
Good life: which part of 3d are you in? We are on Binyang.

We are on Binyang too. We might be neighbours
Kjhosko... I'm not sure why they need to know whether you are building a pool? Many pools are built in the backyards of existing homes.

I followed up with the SC who said that our details are with the draftie and will be ready within the next two weeks.
Woo hoo! We received advice that the linen plan has gone in for registration and that we should be able to settle on our land end September/early October depending on how long it takes.
dream_home93
Woo hoo! We received advice that the linen plan has gone in for registration and that we should be able to settle on our land end September/early October depending on how long it takes.

That would have been fantastic news to wake up too! Hopefully things go smoothly with M so your plans can go into council following registration - one can hope lol
Have either of you got any quotes for the timber fencing? I'm not sure how much we should be budgeting for. What range of $$ should we expect?
Goodlife,

I've only ever had colourbond before. We have not got any quotes but have set aside a provisional allowance of $6K - hoping this will also cover a front fence of some form and also bearing in mind that we have no adjoining neighbours on one side so will need to pay for that by ourselves.

I'm hoping that will be sufficient (or even better, an overestimate).
Went by today. Most of the lots in 3D sold now.

Spoke to the Roselea salesman, he said the fencing for our block should cost around $3600 (450m­­² lot). So $1800 for us as its split with the neighbours. That is cheaper than I imagined so happy with that.
GoodLife

Spoke to the Roselea salesman, he said the fencing for our block should cost around $3600 (450m­­² lot). So $1800 for us as its split with the neighbours. That is cheaper than I imagined so happy with that.

I hope he is right GoodLife! That might be a little bit of a saving for us!

I saw we got a tree out the front yesterday. My only concern is that they have plonked a pipe (don't know what it is for - it has a cap on it which makes it look like a mushroom) in the middle of where our driveway is supposed to go. I want to know whether we can make them fix it before we settle. I just need to find out what it is for first!
I just seem that you posted here. I replied in the Masterton page.

I was up at Mulgoa Rise today, the fence is still up but I can see in the distance that there is a tree out the front and I am guessing a footpath aswell.
Hopefully the tree isn't where my driveway is moving too otherwise it will be coming out. I was actually a bit surprised that the trees have gone in prior to the houses being built.
Hi! We also bought in 3D (Binyang) and looking forward to the fence coming down as well.

They may want to know about the pool as it has to be covered etc during the build. I've had 2 quotes so far, but have put off the other until we get our tender back - it's already going to be more than we thought so we may have to rethink a few things.

kjhosko, I also wondered about the trees - if they get damaged do we have to pay for them?

We are building with Elderton and am (almost) looking forward to getting the tender next week. I know I'll have a heart attack when I see the price and have to give up on the little bits and pieces I want.

We are thinking of upgrading bricks as well but will see how much extra. Hopefully they won't be any extra because they are actually cheaper than something else from the range we can choose from. Otherwise I'll have to go to Austral for a 4th time...
Has anyone had driveway quotes?

We've been quoted $7600 by a builder... seem a lot for what is just 5-6m of plain concrete with paint.
Related
9/12/2023
Anyone building with Zac Homes?

Building A New House

Wish you all the best. Once you signed the contract, they will find millions excuses to charge you. And have seen their sites unfinished for a long time.

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum