Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Hickinbotham build progress - Progress update

Page 1 of 11
Hi All,

Some of you may know me through your threads that I have been lurking around on, but I am not actually builidng a new house but my son and his fiance are building their very first home. I am just as excited for them though as if it was my own house. Scott and Kelly are a young couple in their early 20's, who have been together for 4 years, both live at home still and have recently got engaged. They thought now would be as good as time as any to get their foot in the door to owning their own home.

So I will try and update as much as I can with their build but it can be a bit of an effort to get the photos etc from them.

So far it has taken 7 months from signing their contracts to today. It seems to have been a very long process and I have been more stressed than they have, but maybe I am not a patient as them hehe.

They are building the Kingsborough at Munno Para West in a new estate. The block is 12.5m wide x 33m long, so not too big for them and not too small either. Where they are building happens to be in the middle of both sets of parents houses, so it nice and close for visits.

The last week has been very exciting for them as they had their start date confirmed and were released to construction. Kelly drove past the block on Tuesday and saw some pegs had been laid, Scott drove past Wednesday to find the portaloo and block had been levelled, then went past yesterday and found trenches had been done!!!!!!!
They are so excited, and so am I for them, to finally see some progress after 7 months.

I will try and get their selections as well to share to everyone can see what they have chosen and post some photos tonight.

Cheers

Jo
Hi Joane

I understand the frustration of waiting, we waited around 7 months also before something happened on our block and seeing that portaloo for the first time was pretty exciting. You will find that now the footings have started it is amazing how fast it all happens.

I look forward seeing it all progress and lots of pics
Congratulations Scott, Kelly and Jo. Looking forward to the photos. I like the design of the Kingsborough.
hello joane,

nice to see you have started a thread for scott and kelly's build.
i imagine they should get slabbed next week if the rain stays away, fingers crossed.
Well Scott and Kelly have been pleasantly surprised how quickly things have progressed since Tuesday when they had news they had been released to construction.
This was Wednesday's progress

Friday's progress

And today's progress. Who would have thought they would work in this horrible weather.... but they did

I wonder when the slab will go down?????? Tomorrow???

Cheers

Jo
once it starts it just gets going.
is it raining down that way? our slab was delayed by a day or two due to rain.
hachy

Hachy it is cold, raining and miserable here at the moment!! It has rained most of the day so we were really surprised to see it done but maybe it was done on the weekend as Scott and Kelly came away with us camping on the weekend.

Anyway it is great to see the progress.

I see yours is coming along nicely as well.

Have you lived in Roxby long??

Cheers

Jo
When they are on a roll, there's no stopping them. Really exciting for Scott and Kelly!
joane
hachy

Hachy it is cold, raining and miserable here at the moment!! It has rained most of the day so we were really surprised to see it done but maybe it was done on the weekend as Scott and Kelly came away with us camping on the weekend.

Anyway it is great to see the progress.

I see yours is coming along nicely as well.

Have you lived in Roxby long??

Cheers

Jo

got to roxby 19/12/12 and leave next monday 29/7/13.
No rain here today so maybe they will have a slab!!
looking great Joanne! the slab should be done in no time
Look what happened today!!!!! They have a slab!!!
Woo hoo! that's grand.
Thanks Lucinda,

It is so exciting for them to finally see some progress!!
A SLAB!!! WooHoo!!

I think it's awesome you are so thrilled about you Sons build
Thanks Amymumma23,

They are such a wonderful couple, if I may say so myself, and I know other young people who don't have goals and dreams, but these 2 know what they want and they know how hard they have to work to get ahead in life.

I have no intentions of building myself, at this stage, but I did use the forum to help me with some decisions on renovating my kitchen recently and I thought I would share their build with other like minded people who are really interested in the same thing.

It is great to see how peoples houses evolve from a block of land to their dream homes!!

Jo
Proud Slab owners!!
Congratulations!
Thanks Lucinda

Just been told they have a skip and bricks!!! I wonder if the timber will come today too then??
Timber has arrived now as well!!!

Well things are moving along now. The slab has only been down since Wednesday, hope they give it a bit more chance to cure!!
Related
22/09/2023
Progress Payments - Flood rebuild

General Discussion

haha a draw? didnt realise we were battling!

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum