Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who is building the Drysdale with Eden Brae?

Page 1 of 1
W have just put a holding deposit on a h&l package with Eden brae to build the drysdale at glenmore ridge. Who else is building this house? I'd love to hear from you and get some links to some blogs etc that I can follow along. I've never built before so this is all really new to me and even though its exciting im feeling anxious with how the process will unfold
Good luck
just relaised your place now is the same land size that i just brought
We are
Blog is in my signature
Our land just registered woohoo!
Renski - come and visit us in the Eden Brae thread. We are very friendly LOL
Kerith
Renski - come and visit us in the Eden Brae thread. We are very friendly LOL

I will indeed! im currently at page 95 lol - got a lot of reading and catching upto do! im already thinking that maybe this build your own house idea was not really one of my brightest ideas! i think ill pass out with all the extra costs, we dont have a spare 30-40k within our budget that people always talk about. But ah well! we wont know until we give it a go!

Cody - ill be watching your blog closely.
Hi Renski,

My husband and I are building the Drysdale 25, we haven't modified the floor plan at all. However we have raised the ceilings to 2590mm and increased the height of the front door and bedroom door to main bedroom. It's such a beautiful house and whatever you choose to do with your WIR and ensuite, I am sure you will be extremely happy in the end.
Hey Renski,

I was just thinking about your ensuite configuration...
How much do you love your study? You could probably cut it in half (almost) to add a separate toilet, and still have a nice little study nook. I know you said you need to keep it, but wondering if you'd have enough space if you considered doing this. You could add a little bit of wall for privacy, and you could probably even extend the wardrobe a little bit. I can draw it up if it will help give you a better idea.
thanks cody i have looked at the study after seeing your plans and wondering if we can cut it down a little bit. Hubby loves the size of it. and we really are into our computers here so i think i would prefer walking past toilet than cutting down the study. im getting my head around the idea of it. i notice i go to my WIR once a day. so really who cares about the toilet. ill just send hubby to the kids toilet if he wants to do a stinker before i have to go in there LMAO
Hahaha thats why Stephen's getting that wardrobe

I think you're right, a bit of time and you'll probably get used to it a bit. We did really like the study, just had different plans for another bedroom as a study (no kids for us yet:) so plentynof room to play with)
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum