Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Landsdale Corimbia Build - Celebration Homes KHO by XMAS!!!

Page 1 of 8
Hi everyone
Finally making a thread on our new build with Celebration Homes in Corimbia

Just got our preliminary drawings and contracts back after signing up in February and should have prestart in a few weeks so we are quite nervous about getting all the selections correct!

This is our floor plan http://s6.photobucket.com/user/Ogre82/media/Capture.jpg.html
yay your own thread.. look forward to following your thread.. very nice plan.. i loved celebration homes but homegroup just beat them out so we signed with them.. looks like you have caught up to same timeframe as me.. damn slow homegroup. love the store and great plan.. great entertaining house
ps you have everything organised for prestart?
Hi and welcome to the forum

I love your plan - it looks huge
The store in garage is a great idea!
Thanks guys, a pretty exciting time ahead!

Our prestart is in a couple of weeks so need to hurry up and get sorted! We haven't had much time as we have had our current house on the market, so been busy with that.

The front elevation colours are a major stress
We are having a colourbond roof, and prefer the darker colours but the garage door and render colours are hard to know what to do

We are going through our electrical plan at the moment and adding a heap of powerpoints and conduits for future data & tv points throughout.

We are going to the selection centre this evening to go through our prestart pack and hopefully decide on a few items. A lot of the stuff (stone bench tops to kitchen and bathrooms, french doors to games/study/living areas, double shower and tapset, extra laundry bench space) was done at the sales stage so we are hoping to keep our prestart costs down as much as we can.
Good luck with prestart Wildcats

Front elevation colours was one of our hardest decisions!!!
Yay! Great to see your plans wildcat

Elevation colours are definitely difficult, we copied straight from the display to avoid the stress!
Corimbia is definitely looking good at the moment
butterbing
Front elevation colours was one of our hardest decisions!!!

+1

Totally agree! I sent myself crazy trying to pic the render colour.
Same!!
Your plan looks huge but awesome, we are also building with Celebration Homes, how have you found them so far? We are also waiting for pre-start in the next couple of weeks
Glad I'm not the only one to struggle with elevation colours, we know roughly what we want but you just never know how it looks until it's too late

Twiggens that is not a bad idea copying display colours, I suppose we should see if there is one which we like!
itzeddie
Your plan looks huge but awesome, we are also building with Celebration Homes, how have you found them so far? We are also waiting for pre-start in the next couple of weeks

Hi itzeddie, we have been very happy with them so far! Their display centre is open on Wednesday's until 7:30 now, so we popped in the other night and there were pre start girls there helping out with any questions. We definately made a lot of progress with the internal choices, and will probably go back again next Wednesday to try and work out the external stuff.

Just easier rather than having to work everything out on prestart day. When is yours? We have ours May 17th.
Wildcats
itzeddie

Hi itzeddie, we have been very happy with them so far! Their display centre is open on Wednesday's until 7:30 now, so we popped in the other night and there were pre start girls there helping out with any questions. We definately made a lot of progress with the internal choices, and will probably go back again next Wednesday to try and work out the external stuff.

Just easier rather than having to work everything out on prestart day. When is yours? We have ours May 17th.

Yeah we are going down today as we have the day off, unfortunately we do not have a date just yet, we are still waiting for them to be able to get onto our block to do a site survey, unfortunately the land developers are using their block for their equipment at the moment <_<
Hi Wildcats,
We are also building with Celebration ( we are at brick stage). I too was mega stressed about render colours, but if you're already been to the selection centre you'll see they have big colour samples and you can match it with the roof, bricks and garage colour samples. I mean obviously it's doesn't compare to seeing the real thing, but it gives you an idea. Hopefully you get a really good Prestart lady to give you some ideas.
We still forgot things afterwards, but if you go away and think that want to change something within a few days of prestart they will normally change it for you without charging you. We changed our pavers weeks later and that was no issue. We still forgot things mind you ....mostly power points, sometimes you just over think things and then confuse yourself...well that's what happened to us!!
You sound a bit more organised than what we were!!

Your plan is great. What design is it?Obviously you have tweaked it to suit what you want.

The good thing about Celebration is there pre construction bit is quite fast compared to other builders. We had a slab within 3 months of prestart and that was with the Christmas break ect.
Good luck
We came up with a colour scheme we liked but without seeing it were freaking out a bit but when we drove through Corimbia we saw the the apg display in Corimbia front elevation which was exactly what we had in mind.

http://www.apghomes.com.au/home-design/aspen

I tried to ring them a couple of times so they would tell me the exact colours without luck (they kept saying sure I will look into it for you and call you back.....and then didn't) so had to just take the paint samples and match them up

We have Jasper garage doors (triple) with Jasper feature walls x2 and Monument portico with a monument feature wall (at the end). main colour half beige royal..a bit risky so glad I saw the apg house otherwise I would of chickened out lol

Our front elevation is similar to the majestic by Gemmill but we have added 2 extra windows in rather than have the blank wall and we have black shingle tiles/gutters/fascia and windows.

http://www.gemmillhomes.com.au/imgs/pdf ... ochure.pdf
Just posting to follow your build, and also add that I am finding the decision on render colours the hardest as well!

We signed up with Celebration a week ago, so we are very excited! We are building in the Provence Estate in Busselton.

Good luck with everything, looking forward to hearing how you go at pre-start.
congrats wildcats
your house looks huge!
Belle22

Your plan is great. What design is it?Obviously you have tweaked it to suit what you want.

Hey Belle our plan is based on the Aquila. We used the games room option and then added the alfresco. We also pushed the kitchen/living area down 1 metre into the theatre room.

Which design are you building?
Wildcats
Belle22

Hey Belle our plan is based on the Aquila. We used the games room option and then added the alfresco. We also pushed the kitchen/living area down 1 metre into the theatre room.

Which design are you building?

Hi Wildcats,

We are building the Sol, but with heaps of changes too. I like your storage at the back of your garage. Such a must given C.H garages are quite small in comparison to others. We widened and raised ours as we didn't have room at the back for a storage space like yours. I like all your changes , definately a better design.

When we went to prestart extra double points were around $64 and $55 for singles. To upgrade from a double to a quad was around $39. Just gives you an idea on cost.
Do you have all your colours sorted? Bet you can't wait for prestart, just to get everything rolling. Good luck
Wow your plan looks huge...good to see someone else that wanted the theatre and games and alfresco and activity and study lol....

We went to so many display homes and none had all of them...

Sales reps kept looking at us like we were crazy to want all of them...
I wasn't prepared to give up until I had a big alfresco and somewhere for our pool table..and no I won't consider putting the pool table in the theatre lol...

I think I found your block today..from memory it's overlooking the new park?

Great location if its the one I found...well I found two but I think it's one of them lol

The block must be a reasonable size to fit your house???
Related
18/05/2024
ceiling hook to use to hang Xmas lights under Eaves

Building A New House

Which ceiling hook to use to hang Xmas lights under Eaves in 1st floor in 2 storey façade (no…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

10/04/2024
Build experience - Trend Connection Homes

Building A New House

How has your experience been like so far?

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum