Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Home builders with Fairmont Homes

Page 1 of 9
Hi everyone!

My husband and I are new to this forum. We have been following a few local Adelaide Fairmont build over the last few months and decided to start our own

This is our first home and we are VERY excited!!

Here is a timeline so far of where we're at:

December 2012: Signed contract with Fairmont
January 2013: Land settlement
March 2013: Finance approval and plans went off to council
18th April 2013: Appointments with Direct Interiors and Supreme Kitchens (all completed!)

Now to work out how to upload photos...
Where a bouts are you building?

(to upload just load the pics up onto photobucket.com and copy the IMG code into the message text field and submit!
Thanks for your reply!

We're building in Aberfoyle Park

Plans:
http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/carla ... te=replace

The plans are our custom design to fit our block.
Here are some of the kitchen and bathroom colour selections, including Smartstone benchtop in Triton.

We're really happy with our colour choices and I really think it will compliment the look we are going for in the house which is slightly traditional. For example, we will be having dark timber floorboards throughout the house and French timber doors leading out to the backyard (to just name a few). We're trying to keep it modern as well, but something that won't date

http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/carla ... state=copy

(excuse the quality of the photo!)
Looking forward to following your build. Great choices and plan
Fairmont_Build
Here are some of the kitchen and bathroom colour selections, including Smartstone benchtop in Triton.

We're really happy with our colour choices and I really think it will compliment the look we are going for in the house which is slightly traditional. For example, we will be having dark timber floorboards throughout the house and French timber doors leading out to the backyard (to just name a few). We're trying to keep it modern as well, but something that won't date

http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/carla ... state=copy

(excuse the quality of the photo!)

Welcome!

Lovely choices... We are attempting a similar style. Woods, earth colors and warm tones with timber.
Thanks deluxes!

I had brief a look at some of your posts (still getting used to reading through everything) and noticed a similar theme
love it!
I wanted a house that we could come home to no matter what time of year and feel a sense of warmth throughout. I'm just hoping that when everything is put together that it works and that it just what I envisioned!
Hi there! Great to see another SA build

Plan is fab and love your selections!
Fairmont_Build
Thanks deluxes!

I had brief a look at some of your posts (still getting used to reading through everything) and noticed a similar theme
love it!
I wanted a house that we could come home to no matter what time of year and feel a sense of warmth throughout. I'm just hoping that when everything is put together that it works and that it just what I envisioned!

Oh thank you

It's a lot to take in... Quite overwhelming with a smash of info!

I love your plan & your design theme... It'll be great to follow
AmyMumma23
Hi there! Great to see another SA build

Plan is fab and love your selections!

Thanks!

Loving your thread so far!
I've decided to post some more photos of our selections

This is the style of kitchen we are going for:

Our kitchen sink:

Our kitchen mixer:

Bathroom basins, taps and our shower system for the ensuite:

Also, here is an idea of what colour timber floors we are laying throughout most of the house, except the bedrooms and living room

I hope everything works well together - we're both really excited with our selections! Our tastes are very similar so it made it really easy as we tend to agree on most things!

The only thing I'm a little unsure about is the kitchen splash back. We have decided on a darker grey tile to tie in with the stone bench top, however I'm not sure if this is too much grey? We're planning to put in down-lights under the overhead kitchen cupboards to light this up a bit... Any thoughts?
I like the kitchen you posted and that has a grey tile so think it would look nice. Looking forward to following your build
FairmontSAcustom
I like the kitchen you posted and that has a grey tile so think it would look nice. Looking forward to following your build

Thanks FairmontSAcustom
The splash back will still be quite a bit darker than the photo, more like the colour of the stone that will be on the island bench (we've decided on a lighter grey laminate for the back benchtop as bit of a contrast and also because its cheaper!)..

I can't seem to find your build thread. Are you building in Adelaide?
Just a quick question to anyone out there...

The entrance door that we initially chose at our selections was the following:

However, now I'm wondering whether the one below would be better. As we have dark timber floors, I'm thinking it would allow more light in and could be more appealing? My husband isn't too keen on it... Any thoughts? I need to let our sales consultant know as soon as possible if I want to make the change!..
Reeeeeeaaaaally like your choices so far!

I like both doors... But practicality always tends to win me over (in the end). I would worry about privacy with those doors with all the glass... I absolutely LOVE the look of them, but at the end of the day I just want my front door to be solid & private.
That's just me though!

Design wise, it's gorgeous. They both are!
Why not the second door but with frosted glass? Totally private but really lets light in and brightens up the entryway a lot.
EmyN
Why not the second door but with frosted glass? Totally private but really lets light in and brightens up the entryway a lot.

Yes this is our thoughts too....arghh decisions!
Yes I have a thread and building in adelaide, will post a link. We are early days, waiting for soil report and thinking about selections. I have chosen a front door similar to the second one with frosted white glass

FOr the kitchen I like the glass overheads and the lights. Think it would work well and break it up. What colour kitchen doors will you have? Off white as per pic?
FairmontSAcustom
Yes I have a thread and building in adelaide, will post a link. We are early days, waiting for soil report and thinking about selections. I have chosen a front door similar to the second one with frosted white glass

FOr the kitchen I like the glass overheads and the lights. Think it would work well and break it up. What colour kitchen doors will you have? Off white as per pic?

We're going for a colour called "Streetlight" for the kitchen cupboards, which is basically an off-white but with a warmer tone rather than a cooler tone (similar to the picture).

The picture above was more to show the colour choice we're going for... unfortunately it wont have the glass overheads, though we will be putting in the downlights under the overhead cupboards after handover

Thanks for your opinion on the front door! (will have to sleep on it!) looking forward to following your build
deluxes
Reeeeeeaaaaally like your choices so far!

I like both doors... But practicality always tends to win me over (in the end). I would worry about privacy with those doors with all the glass... I absolutely LOVE the look of them, but at the end of the day I just want my front door to be solid & private.
That's just me though!

Design wise, it's gorgeous. They both are!

Awww thanks!!!

I'm now considering the frosted glass, though not sure!! Will need a day to think it through I think! Main concern is making sure there is enough light through the passages as we do have those dark floors... It's so hard to tell at this stage!
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

15/03/2024
Omni built homes brisbane - builders feedback

General Discussion

We did. Omni was very flexible in design changes. Communication was excellent throughout the entire process. The quality of the build visually (not an expert) was better…

21/11/2023
Has anyone built a home with Masterpiece Builders?

Building A New House

Hi All, we are starting to think of building with Masterpiece Builders in Victoria, has anyone had any feedback or experience with them

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum