Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Redink Trinity, Handover 5th Feb!

Page 1 of 21
Hi, I have been lurking around the forum for a while now, gathering info from everyone. Thought I should start our building blog as things are moving along.

Myself and my DH bought our block in Trinity in April 2012, and waited until October 2012 for it to be titled. We originally signed on with another builder but as soon as we signed our contract everything became too much trouble for them, their customer service was terrible and when you asked question they made you feel awful. My other half complained to the manager and I then received a phone call from our sales man basically telling me off for going above his head, needless to say we pulled the plug and luckily they gave us our full deposit back. We then signed up with Redink who have been nothing but brilliant! Sooooo glad we changed builder, although it's set us back a bit it has been well worth it.

We are building a version the of the complete 250 although it now looks nothing like it as we made rooms bigger, shifted stuff around and flipped the bathrooms completely!!we have a 450sq/meter block, when I work it out I'll put a copy of our plan up (not so great with the computer!). We had prestart on Thursday so we are now waiting on our final plans and all the approvals to go through, I'm hopeful we'll be at site in 2 months
we'll see!!!!
Ali
I can see you're getting tilling and carpets put in. We didn't bother as the standard carpets were crap and the tiles were a rip off. Still Redink is good otherwise. Final final amended plans were mailed back 4 days ago. We are in the waiting stage now. Waiting waiting.....Nothing we can do but wait.
I'm over the waiting!! hahahahaha still you guys are almost there!! We are now waiting for our amended plans, how long did yours take, the prestart girl told us 4 weeks!!
Our prestart was on the 18th feb. I collected the first working drawings on the 8th of March. We made corrections and received the final amended plans on the 19th March and we sent them back signed that day. That's our timeline.
Yay we got our amended plans yesterday, will get them signed and sent back to Redink tomorrow. The only annoying part for us is that our prestart lady has gone on holiday till next Tuesday so it'll sit on her desk a few days with nothing happening, I don't begrudge her the holiday but every day with nothing happening doesn't get us any closer to our slab down!!
We also heard from our broker that we got formal approval for the finance including all the presart variations so a good week all round!!
Finally we are going to site this week, so excited! Redink have been absolutely brilliant but I can't say I'm going to miss the paperwork phase at all
Roll on siteworks and then slab down.
Yay for finally getting to site!!!! I *should* be at that stage soon....I hope! LOL
Hi Charlie 23, yeah it is nice to finally make it to site, Redink have been great but it does still feel like the paper work takes forever right?!!?!

On other news I went up to our site today and there was a power box and water tap, woohoooo!!! I know it doesn't sound that exciting but it's cool to actually see something physical happening.

how did i miss this?! plan looks great!!!! and woohoooooo for power box and tap!!!
so many hoses poping up in the streets now cant wait to have a look at your house when it starts going
Hi Perth Dream, I've been following your progress too! I was up there at the weekend having a look around the houses that are up to plate height, it's so cool, can't wait until we are there!!!

Well we went up on Saturday and our site has been scraped (is that spelt right?) woohoo!! plumbing and footings next then hopefully a slab not too far after!! Yay for things happening!!
So exciting cedes! Everything going well I'd imagine you will have your slab by the end of this week?

OMG I dropped my girls off at school and thought I'd just go check out the block not expecting anything much, only to find out they were pouring the slab!!!!! Woohoo!!! Wasn't expecting that until at least next week!!
Yay!!!!! Happy Slabbing!!!!

A picture of the finished slab!
huzzah for a slab!
conslabulations!!!!!!
let the building begin!!!
Fantastic cedes - congrats! I thought it couldn't be too far away

Let the countdown begin
will have to take a look on the week end.
cant wait for my slab now
Related
12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

13/11/2023
Key Handover

General Discussion

Your house should come in "as new" condition. It should be clean, and without stains

10/05/2024
Final Invoice and Key Handover

Building A New House

Hi Need to read your contract about when final payment is received. Clearly outlines what happens. In vic, known defects or incomplete work must be completed before…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum