Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Redink Build at Honeywood...LIGHTS :)

Page 1 of 12
Hi – I only discovered this forum while quite far along into our build. Anyway I though I would finally start my thread now (even though we are already at lock up). It’s been a exciting journey and I would love to share my experience as I've really enjoyed reading people's threads on this forum.

My husband and I purchased a block of land at Honeywood estate in Wandi, WA back in July last year. The block is 465 sqm and a bit of a funny shape. The Red Ink, Biscay display home suited our block perfectly. We just flipped the design over and made a few small changes.
One big change we made is we took off the 4th bedroom as we really want a backyard, and big, spacious living areas inside…large kitchen and bedrooms, huge WIR etc (we’ve been living in a small flat for a long time, so have been deprived of all these things).

It’s been very convenient having the display in the same estate as our block and the salesperson, Eleanor has just been lovely and so helpful the whole way through the process.

We had pre-start in early September (a few weeks before getting married) and the slab went down at the end of October which was a nice surprise for when we got back from our Honeymoon.

that all seems so long ago now as we will be ready for PCI soon.

Some of our tile selections
Bathroom feature tile

Here is the finished product (can't seem to get it the right way up)

Ensuite

Hello I'm happy for you that you are at lock up. We are building with redink too. The chateau although it doesn't look much like it due to all our modifications. So how long did it take you to go from prestart to slab exactly? How many times did you go back and forward with your plans? We are at final plan stage (had prestart on 18th Feb) but we had to return them to have a few things fixed. It is torture waiting day after day for them to email us to tell us the final amended plans are ready. Could you give me a timeline of your journey from prelim agreement to where you are now if it is not too much trouble?
Love the silver bathroom tiles!!

Are your sinks the caroma orbis? If they are it makes me very happy! We picked them based on the picture on the website
Hi Rex,
We only changed a couple things on the initial plans, it's our first time building, we don't have kids and are not planning a big family...so all I changed was to get rid of a study nook to make the wir bigger. We had a bit of frustration ensuring a couple of highlight windows were centred...it did annoy me that we had to point out things like that.

So prestart was early sept
Slab down was late oct
Brickwork was finished just before Xmas...then it felt like everything just stalled and it was going so slow.
But by late January though, it was go go go,
In the last two months the house is nearly finished, lock up was a few weeks ago.

ss thinks pci may be next week... So it's been just over 5 months since slab down.

Thankfully we decided to put our flat we are currently living in on the market on the weekend and sold it straight away...so it's timed out really well.
Thanks fmac. Yes sinks are caroma orbis. I love them. They look huge as well in real life, much bigger than I had remembered.
So happy with that decision now! We wanted above counter but not the square ones our builder had as a standard upgrade. Excited to hear they are pretty big. I was concerned they might end up a little small.
Wow I'm hoping when we put our house on the market we will sell it straight away as well. I see that the property market is quite hot at the moment.

Its good to hear that the build itself was so quick.
You'll love the basins fmac. My husband wanted square ones, but he really liked these when he saw them.

Some more pics
Bathroom ...cabinets are silver strata, but you can't really see the colour in the pic

Kitchen...formica white gloss and essa stone dusk. We are going to put in a red splashback after handover and do the overhead cabinets as well

Front render and brick paving was just started this week. I'm assuming they have just done a base coat for the render as the colour is not what I was expecting..the band should be a very dark, almost black colour.
We were shocked to sell so quickly, first home open and 3 offers over the asking price! Glad I won't have to super clean my house every Saturday in preparation for home opens.
Looks great!! What colour is your render? Kitchen looks nice and big!!
Thanks, the feature band is solver black pearl and the door should be painted that colour too, as well as the top of the post near the door (the post isn't finished yet, it's missing a timber casing) and the rest of the render is grey smoke which is similar to shale grey (same as our garage door). Roof is colorbond ironstone, seems to look a different colour all the time, it's way more blue grey than we were expecting.

Yes, kitchen is huge. Our kitchen in our flat is sooo tiny, you can only have one person in it at a time!
Rex, it was torture during the Xmas break waiting for them to get back to work...then suddenly every weekend when we'd go down to the house there was something new, we would be amazed at what they would get done in a week....once you're at look up it feels a little slow again as they do all the boring stuff (electrical, a/c, insulation etc).

We also lost our SS and CLO in the same week. Our new SS seems much better than the last one though, a really nice guy and replies to my emails straight away (not that the other one was really bad, but we barely ever heard from him). Our previous CLO was also really efficient, haven't had to peak with her replacement yet.
Woohoo!! I was hoping u would start a thread
photos of pantry?
love the rest of your choices and the nice big window at the front!
Looks great.

Nice colour schemes.
thanks Munchy - we love our ensuite bathroom colours probably the most. I'm hoping that the front render looks ok..I'm sure what is there at the moment is just a base coat as it looks really blue in real life, so does the door (it's mean to be black pearl). We'll pop down on the weekend and check it out.

I see you're building with Redink too...good luck with everything.
colors are great and the kitchen is fantastic love the colors at front of house too
Thank you.

this is the kitchen we have based ours on -ours is slightly shorter as the oven is under the hotplate, not wall mounted and we have the standard rangehood too.

We are having translucent glass pantry doors (like this - but a double door) which was suggested by fellow homeoner/redinker - xxxKatxx since we discovered that our pantry doors couldn't be laminted and I didn't want them like our internal doors

We are putting in the overhead cabinets ourself to save a bit of money and looking to add a Red splashback
love the idea of the pantry door now you have me thinking wonder if i could get the same for my pantry as a sliding door
They're Corninthian Infinity... not sure who you are building with, but you can supply your own and get the builder to install them. We ended up getting them from Redink anyway as they turned out to be much cheaper than we could find (which was strange and I'm wondering if it was a quoting error)
thanks for that i am going to try
Related
6/07/2023
Holman deck lights

Lighting + Lighting Design

So I'm just reading up on this ecosystem of lights. I'm planning on putting deck lights along the outside edge of a large deck. Will need about 3 packs (18 lights) plus…

18/05/2024
ceiling hook to use to hang Xmas lights under Eaves

Building A New House

Which ceiling hook to use to hang Xmas lights under Eaves in 1st floor in 2 storey façade (no…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum