Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Construction Certificate Surcharges

Page 1 of 1
Hello Friends
we are now in a position to apply for the construction certifcate and wonder about some new charges...

1. Roadside or kerb deposit of $1820 (we already paid this)
2. Inspection fees $880
3. Long Service levy $868
4. Registration fee for Accredited certifier (green fields)

Would anyone know what fees am I supposed to pay of of these ? we have already agreed to pay $8000 as council surcharge for building in our council ..

lobo
Hi Lobo
Sorry not able to answer your question, but in a new suburb where i am building at the moment, there is no such charges (at least i am not aware of it up to this stage).
lobo
Hello Friends
we are now in a position to apply for the construction certifcate and wonder about some new charges...

2. Inspection fees $880

Would anyone know what fees am I supposed to pay of of these ? we have already agreed to pay $8000 as council surcharge for building in our council ..

lobo

Clarendon Should apply construction certifcate for you, and their fee should be included in your tender, at least item 3 and 4.
We didn't pay anything extra for the construction certificate. It was included in the tender under "Site costs due to site conditions and Council and Waterboard requirements."

I think those charges you've incurred must be specific to your council requirements
Cookiemonster
rldragon2003
lobo
Hello Friends

2. Inspection fees $880

lobo

Clarendon Should apply construction certifcate for you, and their fee should be included in your tender, at least item 3 and 4.

We didn't pay anything extra for the construction certificate. It was included in the tender under "Site costs due to site conditions and Council and Waterboard requirements."

I think those charges you've incurred must be specific to your council requirements.

Clarendon now clarified that they will pay the Builders Levy, but I have to pay the rest. The tender does not address any of these costs
We didn't have any of those charges either - Clarendon applied for the Construction Certificate. Although, I think we may have to pay $275 for the certifier (?) in the final stages.
never ever heard of these charges.... sorry can't help!
We put forward our views to Clarendon who were all along insisting that we pay these charges. Basically we insisted that these expenses were not part of tender, and Clarendon checked back with council who said that we do not have to pay expense 3 and 4. Clarendon pays the Building Levy....
Wow thats a relief, moral of the story do not just listen to your CSO and act... keep checking councils do make mistakes. If we had paid these as Clarendon wanted us to do, we would have never known about this mistake.
So its all good now
Quote:
Wow thats a relief, moral of the story do not just listen to your CSO and act... keep checking councils do make mistakes. If we had paid these as Clarendon wanted us to do, we would have never known about this mistake.
So its all good now

Great to hear!
Related
12/06/2023
Occupancy certificate

General Discussion

We are in NSW and require 2 positive covenants to be placed on the property didnt really underdtand this but apparently it will take a few months, and have just been…

31/05/2024
Roof Plumbing - no compliance certificate ?

General Discussion

Hi Sillysausage1900, Hope all is well. I came across this forum as Im somewhat same situation with you regarding Roof Plumbing certificate requirement. Im requesting a…

3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum