Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building on acre in drouin Victoria

Page 1 of 1
We have just bought an acre in Drouin our block is a triangle shape with the front of the block being the widest part so w are looking for single storey with wide frontage we have looked at the bigger named builders and the only design we have found so far that suits us is the "Denver 43sq" by but I have been looking at forums and reviews and the feedback on this builder is not good

If anyone has recommendations for other builders particularly ones that will build in drouin happy to consider custom builders would love to hear from you.
Which direction does your block face?
Does the Builders name begin with an M?
Yes it does start with an M I tried to type it but it wouldn't let me submit it
The plan is to have the house facing west
Make sure the house is facing North, living areas in particular and always have your garage and utility rooms (bath/laundry etc) facing west if you have to with limited windows.

This might help you decide what paln to get.
Did you get your info - I have a good friend who built in Drouin - that new area just over from the town.

Can ask there builder if you like - they are quite happy and its a lovely house.
No I didn't really get any ideas for builders would be interested in who your friends built with
Aconti71
No I didn't really get any ideas for builders would be interested in who your friends built with

Will double check and let you know. We don't live in D - but they have a lovely house.
Hi,

I know this was last talked about in November so you may have already locked in a builder by now - we're going to be building in Jackson's View and decided to go through Hotondo. They are a little more expensive than some of the other builders we looked at but have been through a few of their homes (and are currently renting a house that they build, we moved into it when it was brand spanking) and their work is meticulous. Very happy that we went through them!

Hope that helps =)

Kimmy87
We liked Hotondo. Saw them on the SS Coast.
Related
20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

3/09/2023
Can you build on both side fence boundaries (Victoria)?

General Discussion

Hey everyone Not for me or anyone I know, just generally interested. For a single allotment house, are you allowed to take the fence on both sides of your house and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum