Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

benblinkau's Eden Brae Lawson 30

Page 1 of 7
Hello all,

Thought i would start my own topic on our house build!

We are building in Waterford County, Chisholm, near Newcastle.

Been dealing with Glenn at Chisholm and he has been very good. We have a unique situation where i will be away overseas for 5 months and all of Eden Brae, Dilorenzo and HOG have gone out of their way to get our selection etc done before i go.

We are building the Lawson 26 with a big alfresco on the back.

We have our flooring and colour selections next friday so I will update once we get them done.

For now, here is our plan!

Love the alfresco out the back! That was nice of them to rearrange things for you. My partner too travels a lot and it will be mostly up to me to keep an eye on things but unlike you he is back every couple of weeks or so.

All the best with your build.
TashnStu77
Love the alfresco out the back! That was nice of them to rearrange things for you. My partner too travels a lot and it will be mostly up to me to keep an eye on things but unlike you he is back every couple of weeks or so.

All the best with your build.

Thanks! I didn't realise we got 450mm eaves so it actually ends up being slightly bigger.

We haven't even got our tender yet so we are very happy with the customer service we have received.. I just thought it would be a bit unfair to lump it all on my fiance, so we are getting as much done as possible before i leave in 12 days!

We dont settle on the land until april next year, so it is mainly the paperwork stuff she will have to deal with on her own.
We think we have chosen our bricks and roof today!

Either PGH mocha with paperbark colorbond roof

Or

PGH cement with bushland grey roof.

Just depends how much extra cement is to mocha!

Also having a bit of debate as to whether we can get the inovar floating floors within out allowance. Newcastle dilorenzo have assured us we can but some others are saying they were told different by other dilorenzo show rooms.
Love, love, LOVE the Cement brick. With the Mocha, are you allowed to have dark classification for Basix? We were only allowed up to medium classification
Kerith
Love, love, LOVE the Cement brick. With the Mocha, are you allowed to have dark classification for Basix? We were only allowed up to medium classification

Not sure about the whole basix thing.. But we have recycled water so apparently that allows a wider choice when it comes to colour selections.

Where are you building?
I think we have settled on Mocha

Apologies for the pic... It is in a shadow!

This with a woodland grey colorbond roof and some sort of creamish gutters etc
Just got a call from Eden Brae today!

We are booked in for our tender presentation on monday. Thats if they can rush through the plans this week before i leave on tuesday.

I am amazed at how willing they have been to get things done before i head off, really pleased!

Fingers crossed the fixed price package and the tender are similar!

How was everyone elses experience with the quoted price to tender? Wa it around the mark?
And our sign is up!

Ours was pretty much bang on because we left a lot for site costs in our budget and packed in a lot of provisional allowances. I think our base price for Essentials package Newport 40 was $330K. We thought tender would be about $410K and it was $412K. In the end we have gone way over the budget for PAs especially in the kitchen. (We aren't being extremely tight and hardball though)
Awesome! Yeh we have left a fair bit of fudge in there for upgrades etc.. So i am hoping it will be on the money.

So glad we locked our price in too because our house base price just went up another 9k.
Wow! $9K is a huge jump!
Love your floorplan and your mocha brick!
Look forward to seeing the progress on your build!
Kerith
Wow! $9K is a huge jump!

Yeh i know.. Although we are locked in for 6 months anyway, piece of mind with a long land settlement meant it was just smart to lock it in anyway...

Sadly, prices never go down so i looks like we have had a win already!
MalinViktoria
Love your floorplan and your mocha brick!
Look forward to seeing the progress on your build!

Thanks alot!

Yeh we couldn't go past that design.. Despite looking at over 50 display homes!
We now have our tender presentation on Sunday with our sales consultant Glenn.

Head office rang me today and they have organised to do it out of hours for us so that we can get it done before i leave on Tuesday..

Again, Eden Brae have come to the party and have been really helpful!
You won't be disappointed. If you ever have issues, go to your upline Manager. Mine is fantastic even just to explain things clearly.
Have you thought about putting doors on your family room? I reckon it will be very handy to have that as a room able to be closed off - young kids room, teenagers room, boys night, girls nights etc.
Kerith
Have you thought about putting doors on your family room? I reckon it will be very handy to have that as a room able to be closed off - young kids room, teenagers room, boys night, girls nights etc.

We definitely thought about it.. But we have a 3x4m couch going in there so there is not a lot of extra space to play with...

We were going to have a cavity slider, but again, no room when we are going to put tv on the wall!
Wow - things are really moving fast for you!

Our tender was $150k over the base price, but a huge chunk of that was for the driveway, plus I'm paying $16.5k extra just to build in Kuringai. The numbers are rising fast as well ...
Related
5/04/2024
Eden Brae Homes Feedback

Building A New House

I built with EB back on 2009. Check out this thread on this forum. viewtopic.php?f=31&t=12911&p=154061#p154061 I can't speak for recent expericience however, we had no…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum