Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Floor tiles and wall colour dilemma

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

My husband and I are building our first home and are wondering if anyone has grey floor tiles and grey walls. I really love grey but don't want it to look strange. Pictures would be awesome. I just realized this morning that the floor tiles and the wall colour are almost the same
We have just chosen a darker grey floor tile. Will go for a light grey wall colour.
Just repaint if need be. find the tile you like because it will be there for a long time.
But yes similar coloured floor and walls may look odd. especially being grey. IMO
We had our colour consult yesterday and have gone grey everything nearly! Lol.

Our designer said it should all work fine together. We've gone mostly white walls but with a few grey walls - all of media room, one wall in bedroom, two walls in living room - in a darker grey. I think it was called double or dark shale? She hasn't sent through the list of all the names yet but it was something like that (and we've gone shale as the render colour on the outside, which is a shade or so lighter than the double shale).

We've also go grey cabinets on our overheads, and grey carpet. I think what you have to do is make sure you have a true grey, rather than blue/olive/brown grey. Do you have a colour consultant who works for your builder that can help you? Don't know what we would have done without ours!

Stelle
We are having grey tiles and grey walls in our bathrooms although like Casanova our walls will be a lot lighter grey to the floor. Is it a dark grey, mid grey or light grey? If dark I would be inclined to have them contrast a little more against each other. But I'm no interior designer, just my opinion. Maybe have a search around for images that have a similar look, that always helps me.
Oh Stellabella, we are stalking each other
We too are having lots of grey and white hence the title of my blog below.
Haha I think we just follow each other around the forum lol we ended up having a lot more white than I thought (I was thinking more grey) but hopefully will be enough contrast to look good!
I used a lightish grey wall tile and dark grey floor tile for wet areas in current house.
Im wanting a medium/light grey floor tile for new house. Ill have to find a light grey for walls or maybe just white. Vanitys either a dark grey or white. So hard to choose haha

This is my current kids bathroom

Hope someone can post some photos for you. I'm interested in all grey bathrooms haha
Thanks everyone.

It's a very light grey we are actually going for Taubmans Grey Comfort 1/2 strength on the walls and apparently I'm so blonde the floor tile matched. I just spoke with the colour consultant and they are going to let me pick from a different company so i have more selection.

It's so hard picking colours. I really like your bathroom LeanneR it's gorgeous!
Related
29/01/2024
Do floor to ceiling tiles ad much resale value

Building A New House

They make the room much easier to clean for one, reflect more light (if light colour tiles are used), and you dont end up with dust on the top edge of tiles (cause most…

22/04/2024
Floating floor boards over slate tiles

General Discussion

To put anything over slate you will need to put self level compound over the entire area as slate various in thickness and is very un even. To install most types of…

18/07/2023
Current thinking on garage floor level with house floor

Building A New House

isn't a garage level with the rest of the house a given? pretty sure they 'came around' long time ago. if you have a flat block, the garage is usually level with the rest…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum