Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

South @ Seaford Meadows

Page 1 of 38
Hi everyone!

I just thought I'd start a thread for those building in Seaford Meadows!

It'll be a good opportunity to make new friends and share our experiences

My partner and I just purchased a block of land in the newest release 5b4, and can't wait to build

Looking forward to chatting with you!
Anybody out there?
Hi Sammymac

I,m not building in Seaford Meadows,but not too far away in Willunga,
so I thought I,d pop in to say hi and welcome you to Homeone

We have just started our build....they are just about to start the roof and bricks

Have you chosen a builder yet?

Friends of ours built in one of the estates at Seaford....the Hickinbotham one I think.
They love it there

Good luck with everything and looking forward to following your build

Cheers Mel
Thanks Mel!
It must be so exciting for you now! I hope all goes smoothly

We've purchased our land through RealtySA and are building through fairmont homes. They are both within the same group. Our build prob won't start until December as land settlement isn't until mid November.

I think I'll be starting up a thread for our build
This one can be for my neighbours in seaford meadows (or nearby Willunga!).

Thanks for popping in!
Im just wondering what you all think of the estate colorbond fence colour 'harvest'? Do you think it matters what colour house one has next to it?

I'd like a gray colour scheme and I'm not sure it'll all go together!
We've also just bought a land from 5B4 release. Settlement should be done by the end of October and building will probably start early next year

IMO 'Harvest' fence won't play very well with gray tones, but all depends on how far are the boundaries from the house..
Hi Neighbour!
We've had a look and some gray tones seem okay, but others much worse.
Format have such lovely homes
Goodluck with your build!
Thanks sammymac good luck to you too!
Im so happy that I have a neighbour! Hopefully we can keep this thread going
Any more neighbours out there?
Hi there!

We are looking at purchasing a new home in Seaford Meadows or building. We love the area and working within makes it an ideal place for us to purchase our first home.

We first realised we loved the area and wanted to live there when we visited an open inspection on Orange Lane. Fell in love with it however have since found out that we wouldn't be able to build an outdoor area on the property and also cannot park in the lane out back.

Look forward to getting to know you all more.
Hi Trees

I do hope that you find the right place soon! Spunds like you want a townhouse?

My partner and I are just about to do our selections which is exciting!

And OMG. We got our footings variation back!!! It's come in at only $11610! We had an allowance for 14k but were half expecting and had budgeted for way more! Woo Hoo!!! I get my stone bench top now!

Goodluck trees!
Thank you so much. We are looking for a villa style home. Going to look through more display homes this weekend, to get more of a feel of what we're looking for.

Hi Trees
hope you found your dream home builder
and we will be neighbors
as we are building there too I'm just curious why as you said you wouldn't be able to build an outdoor area?? is there a restriction or something else?
RagnarD, did you get your footings variation back? We have selections next week!
Unable to build outdoor area due to land being too small. Only applies to that property as far as we know.

Sammymac, congrats, you are going pretty fast. Hope to see your build thread soon

We are building custom design and just about to sign up with F0rmat, so no footing variations as yet.
Anyone else building at Seaford Meadows?
Hi Sammy well we just signed paper work on Sunday. Who are you building with and what street are you on? It is interesting what you said about your footings, ours are estimated at $18500 but the property is at a bit of a slope.

We are building on Jackstaff Road and with fairmont homes. To be honest, I was surprised at the cost and even called to confirm!
Our slope is approx 900mm from front to back.

I've started a new thread for my build! viewtopic.php?f=31&t=59958
Related
9/08/2023
Suggest a modular home builder south of Port Macquarie

Building A New House

Well these guys are not looking good... I sent them a written enquiry last week and they have not yet replied. If they cannot respond to a simple…

15/02/2024
Building Inspector recommendation in South Australia?

Building A New House

Adam Baines Grad Cert Bldg Surv / Grad Dip Bldg Surv / MSAAPA Accredited Building Professional APB20210035 Builders Lic 183023 Pest Control Lic 84868 Ph 0412202336 PO…

31/03/2024
KDRB in Melbourne south east metro region - Suggestions for

Building A New House

Keen to hear from people in the area who have got KDRB done on whom they got the build from? Looking for recommendations. Thanks

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum