Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Redink build - supply of item - dimensions at prestart?

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

For people that are building with Redink and have chosen to supply one major item, have you been required to provide dimensions of these prior to prestart so that they can be included in the contract/plans? We intend to supply our own rangehood.
I didn't build with red ink, but seeing as this is somewhat uncommon. I thought I would share our experience - for any owner supplied items we had to provide dimensions prior to prestart - we even specified the dimensions of our dishwasher space to make sure that our current dishwasher will fit. On the upside we get exactly what we want, but on the downside, these items have had to be stored for just over a year.

Keep in mind, builder's insurance may not cover any items you supply. You should negotiate and extension to the builder's insurance if possible. Though, if it is just a rangehood, you may be able to negotiate its installation just prior to handover so that you can include it in your home and contents insurance.
Related
29/05/2024
Kitchen island dimensions

Kitchen Corner

Well, it was the default we got with our deign, walking through the build last week felt ok, based on drawings on the floor, it is basically a metre, which is quite a big…

3/12/2023
Current Prestart Cost

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, wondering if anyone has done a prestart lately with summit homes in WA and what kind of costs were associated with adding gpo's and downlights? we are also…

26/08/2023
Leftover Materials - Supply and Install

Building A New House

That's a fantastic result! Happy you got it sorted out. cheers Simeon

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum