Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Colour Selection is HARD - help please!!!

Page 1 of 1
I am unsure what colour to do, Here is what i had in mind, would really appreciate your feedback and opinions!

Externals

Bricks - Selkirk Moonshadow with Off White Mortar

Roof - Tiles - Striata Gunmetal or something dark/similar

Gutters - Colorbond Monument

Fascia - Colorbond Dune/Shale Grey/Surfmist?

Garage - Colorbond Dune/Shale Grey/Surfmist?to match fascia

Downpipes - Colorbond Monument

Windows - Aliminium Silver Gloss

Doors - Dark Oak Timber (if the budget allows - not sure on $$$?)

Render: thinking Dulux Time Capsule (is this too brownish?)

Many thanks
Which parts of the facade are you bricking vs which are rendered? The Chateau design lends itself to various options. If it's mostly brick, then I might be concerned that it could look quite dark and heavy (in combo with the gunmetal roof) for a single level home.
Hey D@n thanks for your reply.
We were thinking of rendering the section in-between the 2 smaller windows.
What do you think?
Ill post a mock up that i did on Studio M to see what u think..
So obviously our facade is a bit different but heres a rough idea. I didnt include the render in this but it will go in between the 2 windows..

http://imageshack.us/f/193/mockupz.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/576/mockup2r.jpg/
frankiek
What do you think?

I would find it a bit too dark overall. But it comes down to personal choice. Your colour choices are fine. It just comes down to how you use them.
Hi Frankiek

We used Austral Blackstone with Dune/ monument / ironstone.

Click the link below to see some pics

http://inthewoodswithcaution.blogspot.c ... hotos.html

It is such a personal choice. I found our bricks rather polarising when it came to other peoples opinion - they either hate them or love them. Do what you love.

K
Hey Kan - your house looks great! Love the dark bricks.. beautiful! The Dune sometimes look beige, then grey at times doesn't it?

d@n - I was worried it might be a tad dark. Do you think timber windows in Dark Oak would look ok, with the timber door? Then keep the garage and fascia light? So confusing
frankiek
d@n - I was worried it might be a tad dark. Do you think timber windows in Dark Oak would look ok, with the timber door? Then keep the garage and fascia light? So confusing

If that's what you like then ok. But darker windows with dark bricks only makes the place darker. It's the bricks vs render and roof combo that makes up most of how a place looks since they take up most of the surface area. Window frames are highlights/features to compliment your brick/render choices.

Kan can get away with a dark brick since her place is much bigger.
Yes I agree. So do u think a lighter roof would be better, with silver windows?
What colour would u recommend? Thank d@n!!
frankiek
So do u think a lighter roof would be better, with silver windows?

It depends what you plan to do with the brick & render combo. I would not go with a light roof if the majority of the house had a dark brick. I would look at different combinations eg. brick left side, brick right side (around garage), render in the middle and a brick pier...or similar. The idea is to try to settle on the walls first as they are the most dominate feature. Then find a match for the roof, doors and windows. It's all about balancing the colours (in tonality and hue) so that one area doesn't dominate over the others.
Related
26/02/2024
Need help on wall colour selection

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi there, we have classic cream gutters, fascia’s, roller door and undercover carport. We are are going to paint the roof a terracotta orange colour. After some…

20/04/2024
Colour Selection: Comments / Feedback

Building A New House

I am building Enfield 201 by Mimosa Homes - York Facade Link: https://www.mimosahomes.com.au/new-homes/enfield-201/ I did my colour appointment last week. I am looking…

15/08/2023
How hard to change CDC plan for a brick veneer to double bri

Building A New House

depends on your council, some 1 day some 14 days

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum