Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coastal Zoning N1 , Rockingham area Costs???

Page 1 of 1
Hi looking at Building in the Rockingham area Close to the beach.
Dont know if they are trying to stiff me ,but im looking for some info on aprox costs on N1 rating for Tiled roof and Colour bond.
Had the house plans drawn and quotes done for a house 400sqm in total , originaly the quotes had $2200 PS as the figure for N1 zoning, now just when they want me to do the big sign up, the quote has jumped up hugely. Like to $10,500 for the N1 zoning ????

Site works $17500 orignaly now $41000.

Told that if i had had the roof done in Colour bond it would only cost me an extra $2500.

I seem to think they are trying to have a lend !!
hard to say whether that is too much without knowing what the soil classification is and the site survey. there are just so many variances that will determine what site costs are.
More info , the survey result was good level block, good sand, no pad required , this is in an old area whre im knocking down an old house and re building.

There is some piling required due to sewer services close to the house but this is only $7000 , which i can bear.

I have got a feeling the builder is trying one on due to the cabon tax BS.
well, maybe ask for a breakdown of that 40 odd k.
and maybe c if you are allowed to do your own siteworks, or at least get a quote from another source, and tell your builder that the site works is probably a deal breaker, c what they do?????
[we were lucky our builder allowed us to do our own siteworks]

sorry i dont have much more constructive advice.
Cheers for the advice , i think they got the idea when i said i would be taking the contract home to read and sign , then once home after time to think i emailed them saying i would not be signing till i get a trtansparent breakdown of the costs .
Since then the Sales rep contacted me back saying that the managment were reviewing the costs.

So that was 5 days ago still waiting a reply with a new figure ??

They say no news is good news
Related
12/06/2023
CDC Housing Code 3: Gross Floor Area vs Floor Area

Building A New House

CDC Housing Code 3 When to apply Floor Area external face of wall vs Gross Floor Area internal face of wall. Reading thru CDC Housing Code 3, lets take a lot 915sqm.…

11/09/2023
Building a Duplex on Sloping Block in a flood planning area

Building A New House

Give Jonathan a call. Tell him you know me. He is in my opinion the best surveyor I have ever worked with. His number is 0425 285 622 All the best Simeon

25/09/2023
Epoxy floors in living area

General Discussion

That would be great -Thank you.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum