Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Yangebup Build

Page 1 of 1
Hello,
I have been browsing this building forum over the past month and decided to start my own thread
. Reading peoples experiences have been really great therefore would like to share ours so far.

We are building in Yangebup with the ABN group. We have a small block overlooking the park and have ocean views from the rear. To fit a family size home on it and take advantage of the views we have had to build up.

We met with the builder in October 2011. We chose a new design off the plan with a few changes and had to narrow it in a little as our frontage was 11.5m and the design was a 12m.

After a few hiccups and a long wait with council approvals we are finally ready to commence.

Repeg 12th June 2012
Siteworks Commenced 20th June 2012

Looking forward to sharing our build with you all
How exciting fellow neighbour
You and I are at the same building stage just down the street from each other hehehe
Cant wait to see photos..... I have alot of family and friends who live in Yangebup
Congratulations.
Hope it all goes really well for you. ( for you both!)
Love to see a plan . Love plans!!!
Thanks Kiwi,

I will post some pics once I've worked out how to do it.

Hi Marybond are you building in Munster? That is just down the road from us. Love you plan and your pics. Big house!!!! How many sqm is your home?
Www.tinypic.com
Default setting 17" monitor
Copy forum link straight to here

Easy as!
locket777
Thanks Kiwi,

I will post some pics once I've worked out how to do it.

Hi Marybond are you building in Munster? That is just down the road from us. Love you plan and your pics. Big house!!!! How many sqm is your home?

Hi Lockett,

Yes we are in Munster, Lake Coogee Estate.... Are you guys in Bayview Estate??? Our home will be around 340sqm when all done
I just had a quick peek at your plan and i love it... I love all the bedrooms upstairs in a two storey home. Your elevation is gorgeous and unique, cant wait to see it come together
How big is that ensuite!!!
Very nice.

If you want them on the thread click embed image and copy the forum link and paste directly here
Hi Lockett, we were originally looking at 2 blocks in Bayview Estate to purchase which was on capri rise and seascape view....
But we ended up getting lucky with our current block in munster....
Everything so far with our actual build has gone quicker then expected. Our slab was 1-2 weeks earlier and now bricks are arriving this coming week
so we might see walls soon
Such very exciting times for us both.... It will be nice sharing our build with someone in the same timeline as us who will just live up the street

Which colour's did you go with in your Kitchen, bathroom, laundry, front elevation etc etc
Its so exciting when you see things to start coming along. I hope your brickwork starts as soon as your bricks are delivered

We should have had our footings poured yesterday but I haven't had chance to go and see yet. Hopefully this whether hasn't scared the tradies off because I'm hoping for a slab this week

Just to update you on my colour selections. I have gone with:

Kitchen: White Shimmer C/stone Tops with waterfall edge 30mm & Polar White Silk cupboards.... All white...Love the classic look but I am starting to worry about the cleaning. Hopefully with the cupboards being gloss that might be easier to clean

Clark radiant undermount sink
Hafael "narrow box" 236mm Handles

Bathroom/Ensuite/Laundry/Powder: We kept these all the same
Platinum Micro natural Tops
Licorice Linear Silk finish Cupboards
Liano Semi recessed to powder and ensuite & inset to bathroom.
Hafael "narrow Box" 140mm
Your colours are great, I originally wanted an all white kitchen but my other half didnt
so had to compromise on that one..
I think slab will go down this week for you:) while the weather is nice
so very exciting... soon i hope you will be posting pics of your build
We have a slab yay!!
Finally this building journey is becoming a reality.
WOOOO HOOOOO CONSLABULATIONS
Hi! I just stumbled across this thread and think we might also be neighbours! We're building in the Bayview Estate and are expecting roof carpenters to start on Monday. We're building a 2 storey home with the ABN Group and so far so good - we've loved it!

I have a funny feeling that I may have actually met you Locket?
Related
21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

27/07/2023
James Hardie Linea Weatherboard - Issue - Current Build

General Discussion

Does it wipe off? Could be because of dry dirty drips.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum