Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone building with Wisdom Homes??

Page 1 of 12
Hi.
We are in the process of deciding which builder to go with atm. We like what WH has to offer compared to other builders but are still confused. Can anyone give us some feedback in how WH are or even recommend another builder in Sydney? 

Thanks
Hi,

We built with Wisdom homes. It is completed and almost a year old now. Our third home with previous being Mirvac and Eagle Homes. Overall a positive experience for us. Good build time as well as communication as the build progressed. But i think that you have to be carefull and really read the fineprint no matter which builder you end up going with. There is almost always something that isnt included in the display home or something which you may not be able to tell from the tender drawings. Have a look at some of the blogs out there, might give you a better idea. Good luck with your build!
plenty of threads about wisdom homes here. just search around.
We are building with Wisdom Homes and about to commence site peg out. The communication side of things has been excellent and no problems so far with Wisdom, just issues with council. As mentioned by daveinthehills, there are a few Wisdom threads so do a search and have a read of those. We have had no real issues yet, but building is about to commence for us so hoping it continues that way.

Each builder offers different things in their packages, so work out what you want included in your home, then compare this list with other builders. Once we paid out initial deposit with Wisdom to obtain a tender, the sales staff took us through one of the display homes and pointed out what was standard and what was extra. They also provided price lists for extra's in the display homes so we had a good idea of costs before we went ahead with the tender. I found Wisdom included some extra's as standard that other builders didn't. But with every builder, the display homes are shown at their very best and include upgrades that are not standard. Wisdom have a display home at Bunya that has just the standard inclusions so you could have a look at that to see for yourself what is standard.

What Wisdom home are you thinking of building? What area in Sydney are you thinking of building? Good luck with your search.
Hi,

We are also building with WH. We are still in the early stages just signed our tender last week. We had a bit of delay in the tender process but that was because of the changes and inclusions we wanted. I find the admin process slow but as OneWheel said communication is great.

OneWheel goodluck on your building hope everything goes well. Have you chose your tiles?
mtjiputra
Hi,

We are also building with WH. We are still in the early stages just signed our tender last week. We had a bit of delay in the tender process but that was because of the changes and inclusions we wanted. I find the admin process slow but as OneWheel said communication is great.

OneWheel goodluck on your building hope everything goes well. Have you chose your tiles?

hi mtjiputra, yes, tiles chosen. All items now finalized, just waiting to hear when site start is. Hopefully soon. Congrats on your home! What home are you planning on building?
Vault_21,
Welcome!

I'm building with WH too at the moment.
We are at bricking stage, soon to be roofed..

There's up & down stories for every builder, including WH. But so far, communication is good.
No major fault really, just slow...

Just ready my thread & blog, full of pictures...he..he...

PM me if you need more specific info.
We are building the Aspiration 29 but extended it a bit so it is more like 31.5. What did you think of Dilorenzo? Did you upgrade? Been reading a lot about how $$$$ they are

Hi Willcres, been following your blog. Congratz on your progress. Very nice house
mtjiputra
We are building the Aspiration 29 but extended it a bit so it is more like 31.5. What did you think of Dilorenzo? Did you upgrade? Been reading a lot about how $$$$ they are

Hi Willcres, been following your blog. Congratz on your progress. Very nice house

Hi mtjiputra,

Thank you for following my blog !

I have assumed you're from Indo like me???
(due to your name....)

Yeah, Di Lorenzo was a pain, sooo much additional charges, here and there....but the good thing is, the new package is great, so you don't need to upgrade much if you want polished porcelain.
I just hope their quality and labour worth it....
Hey Willcres spot on!! I am from Indo.

Thanks for the info on the tiles. Hopefully we can find something that we like in their inclusion range. We are thinking of using 600x600 do you have to pay a lot more for a bigger tile?

I hope they do a great job considering they are charging like there's no tomorrow. Let us know how you go...
mtjiputra

Thanks for the info on the tiles. Hopefully we can find something that we like in their inclusion range. We are thinking of using 600x600 do you have to pay a lot more for a bigger tile?

I hope they do a great job considering they are charging like there's no tomorrow. Let us know how you go...

He..he....of course I recognize, "tj" is like old spelling of "c"...

Have u visited Di lorenzo yet??
Their green range is actually not bad.

We paid 5k just for the labour of polished porc 600x600 because the tiles is included in the $35 range.

Good luck, mtjiputra!!
Hi mtjiputra,

Good choice with the Aspiration, we really liked that home and has some similar features & layout to the Majestic. What area are you building in?

Our tender included the "Prestige Package" which includes carpet and tiles to $35 per m2 at Di Lorenzo. Quite a lot of their stock is $$$$$ but they also have a good range within the $35 per m2. Our extra costs are:
* For carpet, we upgraded to a $40 per m2 and also chose the better underlay (included is the basic) - that cost us extra for a 40sm home $2,200.
* As for tiles, the main floor tile itself was within the allowance (we chose a non polished tile), but because the size we chose is larger than 450 x 450, there are extra laying charges. We also included extra for some feature tiles in the bathroom niches. Our extra's added to $3,800.

If you want polished porcelain, do some research on them. I have read some issues regarding Optical haze and Di Lorenzo will also get you to sign to say you have been warned about this, if that is what you chose when selecting tiles. Visit Di Lorenzo yourself to see what they have and to get an idea of what is included. Just ask to be shown the Wisdom range

Like Willcres, if you want to know any specific prices, let me know. Check our the other Wisdom threads, I recall reading price estimates for Wisdom items when we were going through the tender process in December.

Good luck with it all. It is an exciting process and also requires a lot of patience, waiting for things to be done before and during the build. I have to keep reminding myself of this, lol
Hi mtjiputra,

We are in the exact same position as you are and actually also looking at the aspiration 29 as well.

Have you received tenders from anyone else?

We are also looking at the Modeena (Fowler homes) and Champion Homes.

I have found Wisdom to be very slow in getting adjustments included in the tender.Even for very minor changes they took nearly 2 weeks to get back to me.
willcres
mtjiputra

He..he....of course I recognize, "tj" is like old spelling of "c"...

Have u visited Di lorenzo yet??
Their green range is actually not bad.

We paid 5k just for the labour of polished porc 600x600 because the tiles is included in the $35 range.

Good luck, mtjiputra!!

Thanks Willcres, we haven't visited Dilorenzo yet but planning to this weekend. Good luck to you too!!
Onewheel
Hi mtjiputra,

Good choice with the Aspiration, we really liked that home and has some similar features & layout to the Majestic. What area are you building in?

Our tender included the "Prestige Package" which includes carpet and tiles to $35 per m2 at Di Lorenzo. Quite a lot of their stock is $$$$$ but they also have a good range within the $35 per m2. Our extra costs are:
* For carpet, we upgraded to a $40 per m2 and also chose the better underlay (included is the basic) - that cost us extra for a 40sm home $2,200.
* As for tiles, the main floor tile itself was within the allowance (we chose a non polished tile), but because the size we chose is larger than 450 x 450, there are extra laying charges. We also included extra for some feature tiles in the bathroom niches. Our extra's added to $3,800.

If you want polished porcelain, do some research on them. I have read some issues regarding Optical haze and Di Lorenzo will also get you to sign to say you have been warned about this, if that is what you chose when selecting tiles. Visit Di Lorenzo yourself to see what they have and to get an idea of what is included. Just ask to be shown the Wisdom range

Like Willcres, if you want to know any specific prices, let me know. Check our the other Wisdom threads, I recall reading price estimates for Wisdom items when we were going through the tender process in December.

Good luck with it all. It is an exciting process and also requires a lot of patience, waiting for things to be done before and during the build. I have to keep reminding myself of this, lol

Hi OneWheel,

Thanks for the advice and info.. Will definitely do some research on the polished porcelain before we decide. We liked the Majestic too but unfortunately did not fit in our land
We are doing a KDR in Hurstville council and our land is only 12.5 wide. How much did you spend on Electrical? Did you use any down lights? That doesn't seem to be included in the package?
Aheron
Hi mtjiputra,

We are in the exact same position as you are and actually also looking at the aspiration 29 as well.

Have you received tenders from anyone else?

We are also looking at the Modeena (Fowler homes) and Champion Homes.

I have found Wisdom to be very slow in getting adjustments included in the tender.Even for very minor changes they took nearly 2 weeks to get back to me.

Hi Aheron,

That sounds about right!! It took us 8 weeks to finally sign the tender. Mind you there are still some errors but very minor, we signed anyway rather than waiting for another 2 weeks otherwise we will never start building. You can make one minor changes after the design.

We did have a look with Masterton but in the end WH had more to offer in their packages.
mtjiputra
Hi OneWheel,

Thanks for the advice and info.. Will definitely do some research on the polished porcelain before we decide. We liked the Majestic too but unfortunately did not fit in our land
We are doing a KDR in Hurstville council and our land is only 12.5 wide. How much did you spend on Electrical? Did you use any down lights? That doesn't seem to be included in the package?

Mtjiputra,
With electrical, you need to upgrade lots of them...they only give you basic like 1 powerpoint each room, 2 TV point, 2 phone lines. Any downlights is extra, footer lights, additional phone/tv/data point etc, is extra.
Add it as many as you can think of, especially downstair floor plan.
mtjiputra
Hi OneWheel,

The Aspiration is a nice home, perfect for a narrow block. You are correct, downlights are not included, only single batton per room (2 if a large room) and one double powerpoint per room. We got downlights downstairs only, as apparently it is difficult to do them afterwards. Upstairs we'll do later if we decide we want them there. We spent an extra $11K
Make sure you think about what you want before your electrical appointment. If you want changes afterwards, Clipsal will charge a $250 redraw fee.
The Aspiration is a nice home, perfect for a narrow block. You are correct, downlights are not included, only single batton per room (2 if a large room) and one double powerpoint per room. We got downlights downstairs only, as apparently it is difficult to do them afterwards. Upstairs we'll do later if we decide we want them there. We spent an extra $11K
Make sure you think about what you want before your electrical appointment. If you want changes afterwards, Clipsal will charge a $250 redraw fee.[/quote]

Wow 11k..that is $$$$. Will definitley have to start thinking what we want.Thanks again for the heads up
Hi Guys, Can someone please tell me what the laminex is like included in the prestige package? is it a high gloss finish at all?
Related
29/06/2023
Wisdom Homes- VARIATIONS taking more then 7 weeks!!!

Building A New House

Can someone please offer some advice? Im DESPERATE. Because I'm completely and utterly exhausted. How long are variations taking with other companies at the moment? We…

28/11/2023
Wisdom Homes - Construction Delays is it worth the hassle?

Building A New House

In fairness nobody gave a crap about the ACCC and the gag clauses continued in the pro forma templates of a few other builders after the ACCC took on Wisdom, and more…

25/02/2024
Wisdom Homes | Momentum Series

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, I am exploring builder in NSW and received a very tempting quote from Wisdom home for their momentum series. I just want to know experience of building…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum