Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building with 101 Residential in Secret Harbour (WA)

Page 1 of 5
Hello all,
I've been browsing this forum for a few months now and have found it VERY helpful. I am in the process of building with 101 Residential in Secret Harbour WA and figured it is about time that I start a build thread! They seem like a great company so far and seem keen to get it all happening ASAP.
I'm only at the beginning of the long journey, signed the Preliminary Plans at the end of March and have Pre-Start booked in for this Monday 7th May. Exciting!!
I shall try and post a plan up and to keep the building progress updated (-:

Chris

Looking down on my block (-:
Hey Chris!
Congrats on starting a thread. Really cool to see your plans. I can't believe you have a balcony! Didn't even know 101 could do that. I like your layout. Was this design based on any of their designs? Do you have a 3d version of the frontage??
Hey leighlou, yeah I was chasing a balcony (as I may get some ocean views) so emailed all of the companies around asking if they did second stories with balconies and 101 was one of them! The house was modified from the cappuccino design. Had to do quite a few changes to allow for the studio room to be shifted to the rear of the house to allow for the balcony but I'm happy with the final plan

Wow! That looks amazing! Can't believe it, I would totally have included a balcony to mine if I had known;) You must be stoked. Really different to the cappucino design though, I thought for a minute it was the macchiato. Ours is also based on the cappucino, but totally different to yours. So what are your prestart selections??
Hi Chris - what a fab house! It's going to look amazing baby .. Hope you don't mind me calling you baby
Hi Leighlou, yeah its had a few changes from the original plan. But I suppose thats what makes it my own! They should really advertise that they can also add balconies if desired. Pre-Start should be interesting. I was lucky to have ducted AC, 1.2m feature door, feature cornicing and essastone benchtops to kitchen, ensuite and bathroom thrown in as a March special. Other than that I think I will be going with very similar selections as you. Except i'll most likely go with the Dorf Jovian style tap mixers throughout (same as in display home). Actually, most things will be the same as the display home, exterior colours etc. I am hopeless with trying to imagine how things would look, so I'd much rather go with something i've seen haha.
And Jess, great to see you on the forum! Your house has a roof on it already????? Jee it went up quick once the brickies started! Have they given you a rough handover date? Start a building thread!
Oh I just realised you haven't gone to prestart yet. Going on Monday, how exciting
It's really fun actually
You might get Hayley who is still doing stuff for me even now, she is great, super organised and friendly.

I love the cappucino colour scheme. One of the best they have I reckon. I understand what you mean about liking to see things first, it is pretty nerve racking picking from 2inch samples

It's going to look great. Can't wait for you to start. I think we're going to be racing each other now!

Hey have you got your 'gift' from 101 yet? How good is it

Jess-i-ca, I see you are building! Take photo's and start a thread!!! I love photos
Yeah, I have Jessica, but I've spoken to Hayley. They all seem very happy to help. I still haven't opened my gift yet! I was going to save it until I move into my house but I don't think I'll be able to wait that long! I think I'll be trailing your house because I still haven't got settlement on my land. Finance is waiting on the house contract I'm signing on Monday. Then it will all be green light (-:
Prestart complete!! Wasn't too bad, but I haven't received the costings yet! Leighlou, how long did they tell you the build would take? They told me I'd be moved in in 6months!!! That's a shock, I was expecting 12months. But the sooner the better (-:
chris0189
Prestart complete!! Wasn't too bad, but I haven't received the costings yet! Leighlou, how long did they tell you the build would take? They told me I'd be moved in in 6months!!! That's a shock, I was expecting 12months. But the sooner the better (-:

Do you mind posting some info of your upgrades and prices (if you've made any).
Thanks
They told me six months from slab down. Yours isn't six months from prestart is it? haha. Still waiting for my slab, I've got everything crossed that it might happen before the end of this month so I can be assured of moving in by Christmas. The said following council approval it's two weeks til slab down. Come on council!!!
Looking forward to watching your build ... love the balcony at the rear ... very clever!!

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z7/niekje_2007/Hugs%20en%20Love/b9df2165.gif
Fantastic plan with the balcony for the view!

Did the pre start costings come back yet? I was shocked how cheap some things were!
Hello Chris,

We just visited 101 yesterday and are considering Cappuccino design as well.

Our block is 13.5m wide, How big is your block? Cant see it on the plans that you posted.

Interesting to see the staircase is at the left, not in the centre. I was told that it was not possible at all...........hmmm......need to talk with them again.........

I like the idea of a balcony. Also the top studio is 8x6, which is not the standard size too.......

Where u guys building? Is the Balcony on top of the Alfresco??

Cheers
Nitin......
'Aubin Grove Fan' and 'Enelya' I haven't recieved my Pr-Start change costings list yet. Possibly tomorrow but I will let you know. From what I can tell 101 charge a little more for pre-start changes than some other builders but we'll see!
'Leighlou' I was told I would be moved in within 6 months? But then I mentioned that I haven't even got settlement on the land yet and that will probably be delayed because I will be away for 5 weeks now and not able to sign documents. But she still said It could still be 6 months? I doubt it but we'll see!
'Nsfw', I have a 20m block so I have 5m on the side of the house. But that means i'll have plenty of room for a double gate for a boat. You would definately fit this design on your block if you didn't have the garage extended out 1.5m like I have.
They had to push the master bedroom to the back to allow for the staircase to the upperstory. And the original house plan was flipped to allow for the main living spaces to face the north. I will message you my house designers details. He did a great job and was very easy to communicate with. I was going to go with an 8x8m studio room (as I had to extend the living and dining room out 1m to meet minimum living space area set by the estate), but it ended up being substantually cheaper to go with a 6x8m studio room. You can really choose exactly what you want, and they will design it and tell you how much it costs and ways to make it a little cheaper.
I'm building down in Spyglass hill estate in Secret Harbour. And the balcony is ontop of the alfresco. I really wanted a bigger alfresco, but because the balcony creates the roof of it, the balcony was already as close to the rear fence as allowable (7.5m), so I had to settle with a slightly smaller balcony..

Chris
Satterley approval of plans came back today
and they are now with the independent assessor. And my formal finance approval also came through today! But everything is on standstill at the moment as I need to sign the bank forms to apply for settlement on the land. Which is hard when I'm not back from work for another 2 weeks. Then once settlement goes through the builders can apply for a building licence from the council! It's all happening slowly but surely.
Congratulations mister! That is awesome news
Not sure about slowly but surely
Seems like a rapid pace to me but that's just in comparison to mine. haha. So two weeks til your home and can finalise settlement, then 10 days in council and then it all starts?! Can't wait to compare notes!!
Not sure how long the council will take but yep, home in 1.5 weeks now. I'll be sure to get the forms signed and sent off ASAP! 101 are saying 6 months from now till handover, aslong as there aren't too many delays on site due to weather. So it looks like it'll be early next year. Which is fine by me as I am away at work over Christmas anyway (-:
Related
29/01/2024
Building with Status Residential Perth, Yeah Nah?

Building A New House

What is your feedback of Status residential please ?

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum