Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Builder painted handrails gloss white instead of staining!!!

Page 1 of 1
ok so finally went inside for a look today and realised the handrails had been painted instead of stained

i looked in my colour schedule and we told the builder we wanted stain as per the display and guess what they put gloss white which i have missed on the day! so upset.

so how hard and what are my options for stripping the paint and staining myself???

thanks again
Whether the builder would be prepared to do anything would probably depend on how generous they were.

If the handrails were ordered as paint grade you probably wouldn't want to stain them ones anyway. The best option would be to replace them with stain grade handrails.
Hmm , stripping the paint would be what we technically call a bastard of a job
If its in your color schedule as stained then the builder has to sort it out. If it can't be removed to your satisfaction then it should be replaced!
It's not in the colour Schedule, hence the issue.
I guess if you had an email or something telling them it was to be stained you may be able to work something out with the builder, but i guess its been signed off on so they may not be willing to help you out.

For your sake i hope they are nice about it and prepared to help you out with it
Related
8/06/2023
Does my deck need handrails?

General Discussion

I've just built 3 stairs off a landing out the back and been told by the private certifier I need hand rails sorry tried to attach a pic but couldn't mine don't have sides…

4/10/2023
Sikaflex Pro instead of Window Flashing?

Renovation + Home Improvement

AFAIK, flashing is a minimum standard. Out of curiosity is your window glass stamped with AS requirements in any of the corners of each pane? Im almost certan if theyre…

21/02/2024
Zincalume Staining

General Discussion

Hi, I have an area of zincalume cladding encasing a number of external downpipes. Unfortunately one of them has been permanently stained by some diluted phosphoric acid -…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum