Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Home office fitout - Who should i contact?

Page 1 of 1
ladies and gentlemen. quick question.

we are after study room fitout similar to the one in the picture - simple floating study desk, floating shelves, wall bookcases etc. study room is quite small at approx. 3.5m x 4m so it won't be a big job.

question is, who should we call? a cabinet maker? a carpenter? those who install timber staircases? or those companies that deal with commercial fitout?

please kindly point us in the right direction. or if you know someone in mernda/doreen area that does a quality job but won't charge ridiculous amount please also let me know.

thanks heaps.
Hi Mr 21,
A cabinet maker/joiner will be able to help you design and custom build something. By the way, 3.5x4 is a good size study (I wouldn't say that is small) and it will cost you to get custom made for the space. You could try ikea especially for the floating shelves and these desk look quite similar to the ones in pic...
http://www.ikea.com/au/en/catalog/produ ... #/50180051
Thanks rocketship.
That is exactly the type of study desk I have in mind but it is a little too short for our liking.
Perhaps I will ring up a cabinet maker tomorrow and see if they do those things.
Any kitchen place. They do other things such as built in shelving, tv units, home offices, wardrobes etc.
awesome desk space. we'd like a floating one as well! that looks really cool.
We had the guy our builder used to do the wardrobe fit outs do ours. We asked for a quote and he came after handover and did it.
Wardrobe fitters. Thanks. I will ask the guy doing my WIR fitout and see if he does study fitout too.

Keep them coming guys. Name n contact of those who do this sort of things as extra income after work or during weekend would be even better.
Priority One Coatings is a customer-oriented company and their main emphasis is on customer satisfaction
They did all my office fit-outs and they kept all my vision in reality perfectly.
The below article will get you started if you need Commercial fit outs
Related
24/12/2023
Seeking feedback: Exhaust fan for home office

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

My home office is hot with computer equipment running virtually 18 hours a day. When it gets unbearably warm I simply step out of my door into the living area which is…

20/10/2023
Contact information for fencing

Landscape & Garden Design

We are at the stage on our build in Kilcoy, Queensland where we need to get our fencing installed but we cant get any contact details for our neighbours to give them…

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum