Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

REDink Prestart Costings - Please help

Page 1 of 1
Hi All,

We have prestart booked 6th march and am freaking out that we are not going to be able to do what we want due to costings being soo high. We have already added $20,000 to the house already
Can anyone help with the general costings of standard and upgrades and LED downlights ?? Thank you
in very similar situation to you mary...we have already added $20k to our base price....
hope someone has some numbers as i will be watching this closely as we are hoping to get to prestart by end of march with RI.
There is some prices of upgrades on page 1 and 2 of my build thread, we were told that to go for LED ur better off doing it post handover as the builder adds 25% on top of what it costs them (what it would cost u post handover to do it yourself)
Make sure at pre start u get them to put extra conduit at each switch as it makes it easier to upgrade lights to fans post handover
Also get extra tv points as this is much easier for them to do while building
I also recommend putting a PowerPoint in the roof space near the manhole (and place the manhole in the garage if u can)
Their standard range is quite good, and u have quite a lot to choose from!
One other thing, add a $10000 pre start allowance to your contract if u can, then u don't have to find the extra funds at handover if u spend more than u plan, and if u don't spend it you will get that put in your account once the construction loan turns into a normal loan
Thank you Leona for those pointers
didnt know nothing about a prestart allowance so i will look into that..
Does anyone know how much it costs to raise the ceiling in the garade from 25c to 28 c?
to raise the garage to 28c should be around the $1500 dollar mark.
We spent around the 10k mark in prestart. just over 3k alone in the electrical plan.
Thank yo Leezels I was stressing it was going to cost around $3-4000...
Anyone else have any other pointers..... I am wondering what it will cost to get full render on the front of the house?? any ideas
Hey Mary

I was quoted a little while back 1450 on the front render if that helps

prices may have changed by now though
Yeah it would depend how much wall they are rendering.
But I would think around the $1500 dollar mark. maybe slightly less.
HI All, just wondering how much redink will charge for waterfall edges to our kitchen island and extend to add a breakfast bar.. we have the free essastone bench tops... Also we are only allowed to pick from the formica range for our cabinetry.... just wondering if it is very expensive to upgrade to like super gloss or polyrey
Mary, I don't know about the waterfall edges but whatever house your costing is based on that size bench is what is included, and anymore can be quite expensive, be mindful that each slab of stone is 3000mm long
As for high gloss, our kitchen was about $700 extra and bathroom about 200 ensuite 300 ish to upgrade!!
Oh and I grabbed this quote from my thread to give u an idea of what the extra costs were for our electrical..

as a bit of a guide our elec changes cost us 1700 however this includes all light switches with dimmers,
all double gpo's, about 10 extra gpo's, 4 TV points with data next to them, and a few extra lights outside.
oh and a 40 amp single phase power outlet for our spa outside
a couple of the big ticket items were our splashback which was an extra 600 or so, (600x300 tiles)
changing the alfresco from 25c hardiflex to 28c recessed plasterboard with the eaves 25c (just over 2k)
Hi All,

Wow I link the prices of your upgrades. I am going from whatever the standard height is to 32c upper floor and 35c ground floor and I am being charged around 22K. Render for the sides and rear (front is included) is 18K. Upgrading from laminate master ensuite, guest ensuite and kids ensuites plus stone in powder room is 6.8K>

I am querying everything but it is sure mounting up.....

Glad I have seen this thread.

Ciao
Mark
i spend aroung 5k on electric alone
CC101.... for the 5k what is that getting you. I have not even considered electrical so i would be keen learn what additional stuff costs. I will put more GPOs and will what some dedicated 20amp lines for amps etc....

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Mark
marybond2012
HI All, just wondering how much redink will charge for waterfall edges to our kitchen island and extend to add a breakfast bar.. we have the free essastone bench tops... Also we are only allowed to pick from the formica range for our cabinetry.... just wondering if it is very expensive to upgrade to like super gloss or polyrey

Our waterfall end was about the $1100 mark.
Hi AusieMark

In regards to your ceiling upgrades ..what is your area for the lower and upper floors for your high celings?Looking at upgrading too!

Cheers
Jason
AussieMark
CC101.... for the 5k what is that getting you. I have not even considered electrical so i would be keen learn what additional stuff costs. I will put more GPOs and will what some dedicated 20amp lines for amps etc....

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Mark

no down lights. 2 gas points, 2 tv points, flumed exhaust, few conduits, extra lights and powerpoints in and outside. it still took us to 5k approx.
Hi Jlil,

PM sent, did not want to derail the thread.....
Related
3/12/2023
Current Prestart Cost

Building A New House

Hi Everyone, wondering if anyone has done a prestart lately with summit homes in WA and what kind of costs were associated with adding gpo's and downlights? we are also…

19/11/2023
Help Please? Building, bathroom potential defects & no HBCF

General Discussion

All 3 items listed are defects and are of concern. Please seek qualified independent inspector and/or legal advice for your state.

28/01/2024
Need urgent help regarding facade colour combination please

Building A New House

Thank you @. Tried to play with the facade models but the exact colour is not matching up.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum