Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Austral Bricks- Metropolis range- which one looks darkest?

Page 1 of 1
I want to ask for your info, experience and help with Austral Bricks- Metropolis range- color.

Our builder have just advised us to reselect brick with Metropolis range (originally we chose Orpherus -darkest color- from Whitesunday range). We are not sure we have time to go to the brick display centre to choose color over the weekend. So, we just want to ask if you have chosen or previously considered Metropolis range, then which color in Metropolis range is darkest in your opinion?

In the article with regards to Metropolis range, it is reported that Tapaz is rich brown and Marcasite is medium grey. We like dark color. So, it seems we only need to find out which color (between Tapaz and Marcasite) looks darker...
By looking at the austral website it looks fairly clear that topaz is the "darker" colour.

However I would not necessarily rely on a website image - visit an Austral Bricks sales centre or reseller (they should have samples outdoors you can look at).

Even better visit said sales office or contact them by phone and request a list of houses in the area which have been built with the same bricks so that you can g and see them in a completed house for yourself - this way you get a better idea of how the bricks look on a larger scale, how their appearance changes in full sun/shade and you can even get ideas for possible gutter/fascia/window color combinations that might go with the brick you decide on (take pictures so you can discuss them with your design liason).

Given that they are asking you to change your brick colour I would also request the opportunity to review your color selections for gutters/fascia/windows/render as well.
Many thanks for your helpful reply and suggestion.

You really have "sharp eyes"
, our builder also said Topaz looks darkest in the range. As our color schemes is to match with dark bricks, we are happy to keep our other selected color
I have marcarsite bricks and I would say they are not the darkest but more a medium brownish, I love them my hubby and I couldn't agree on a colour as I wanted more on the darker side and he wanted lighter so this was the compromise.
jacknruby
I have marcarsite bricks and I would say they are not the darkest but more a medium brownish, I love them my hubby and I couldn't agree on a colour as I wanted more on the darker side and he wanted lighter so this was the compromise.

It means you also agree that Topaz looks darker than Marcarsite?
hi, I have Austral topaz on my house. Definately darker than marcasite.
tintin
hi, I have Austral topaz on my house. Definately darker than marcasite.

Thank you! We are also going to have Topaz on our house.
Topaz
Related
29/09/2023
Timber or carpet on first floor- which looks good ?

General Discussion

Thank you. Do I use timber floorboards for stairs or do people use timber treads? Or is both the same?

10/07/2023
Orange rust spots one driveway

Building A New House

Very common on rendered homes Smaller suppliers get the lower quality raw materials

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum