Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building in Wright Canberra

Page 1 of 1
Since the blocks in Wright, Canberra has been released to build and no threads for this other than the old thread during land releases I am opening this thread.

We got a 450m2 block in stage 2. It looks like designing a house for that block is very challenging and builders seems to be charging minimum $100,000 for the same design they build elsewhere. I saw few of the builders has already started building there. Some have completed the concreat.

Would like to hear from others who are building there or who are looking forward to build there.

Cheers
Hi

We're building in Wright Stage 1. In fact we are hoping to start the construction in the next 2 weeks or so!
We were fortunate enough to get a 620m2 corner block and are building a 4 bedroom family home with Rawson Homes. Before we bought the block of land, we spoke to many of the builders out at Forde, Bonner and Crace to get an idea of prices. It seems like anywhere in Canberra is outrageously more expensive than any other city!
irosie
Hi

We're building in Wright Stage 1. In fact we are hoping to start the construction in the next 2 weeks or so!
We were fortunate enough to get a 620m2 corner block and are building a 4 bedroom family home with Rawson Homes. Before we bought the block of land, we spoke to many of the builders out at Forde, Bonner and Crace to get an idea of prices. It seems like anywhere in Canberra is outrageously more expensive than any other city!

Yep, mention the word Canberra and add 30-50k to your build price.

Our builder who is new to canberra recently remarked it would be cheaper to pay a cement truck to drive down from Sydney and stay overnight and it would save thousands of dollars per build. If only they would actually do it
Thanks for the replies guys. I am talking to builders and it is driving me crazy... All the best for irosie and Banj.
I bought a 450m2 block, and currently getting quotes from builders. Trying to get quotes with same inclusions as builders may add extra or leave stuff out based on their experience and recommendations.
irosie
corner block and are building a 4 bedroom family home with Rawson Homes.

Hi irosie,

You don't happen to be at 18/5 do you? We're also building with Rawson at 18/11 and noticed another Rawson fenced block going up diagonally opposite in the section to us.
Hello all,
We are building in Wright 1a in Section 7 (on David Fleay St) and would be interested to meet our neighbours if any of them are reading!

Looking forward to starting a suburb with you all

Cheers.
Hi buildinginwright,

We're on David Fleay, but in section 18, so not quite neighbours
Great to hear MattyT - we'll keep an eye out for you
Is anyone considering having Colorbond boundary fences? I am considering it since Wright is near bush land and Colorbond would be effective in keeping fire from spreading, especially in place of timber fences. My house is located at section 12, block 6 of Chelsworth Street.
i also have a 450m2 block, in Wright 1b i believe, settlement at the end of june on peter cullen way
i have a 450m2 block on Tishler street..
our plan will get ready by next week with an inclusion list.
we are looking for builders, who are good at custom design, would you guys recommend few builders to start with..?
many thanks for your help!

Ash
We got the papers with settlement date on 14th March at Stage 2.
Is it a sloping block Ras ? From what I've seen a slope seems to make builders get a bit edgey ...

But - you're right on Canberra. Everything from petrol to building is way over the odds. Houses seem to be well over what you see elsewhere - from what I've seen and heard.
Hi Mike, Yes I have about 1m from front to back. It cost a little fortune for the slab. Hopefully it is worth.
Related
15/05/2024
Concrete slab solar assessment Canberra

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hi Im having trouble getting anyone to provide useful advice on going for an insulated slab North facing extension. I had Lighthouse group do the energy assessment last…

15/06/2023
Missing Building Wrap / Insulation

Heating, Cooling & Insulation

Hey guys building a new place through a volume builder and just wondering if i should complain to the site supervisor as we just had plasterboard installed. Looks like…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum