Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

ANYONE BUILT WITH "STEVE PARCELL HOMES" IN QLD? ANY GOOD??

Page 1 of 1
We are looking at building with Steve Parcell Homes in QLD, looking for any advice from people that may have built with them, what did you think, were they any good?
Hi @bare78

Just wondering if you went with Steve Parcell. And what the experience was like? They're on our shortlist at the moment.
I built with Steve 5 years ago. I can thoroughly recommend his houses as they are well designed, well built and good value. Danny was great as he was patient as we took over 3 months to finish the design and spec. Stevens team of builders were all very good craftsman and focused on delivering a good finish.

You can't go wrong with Steve Parcell.

Ed.
My sister built with Steve Parcell 3 years ago and was very happy with him. If you search 'Parcell' on here you might find a post or two from her back then. Her house is stunning.

We nearly decided on Steve Parcell for our house because she highly recommended them, but were very impressed with PKM Homes so have gone with them instead.
I'm currently building with him, 1 month away from handover. Very happy as well so far, great design and quality work. Good customer service/communication too. What I especially like is they give you free access (key) to the house after lockup so you can come and go as you like during construction- not the norm with other builders.

Another thing is for the most part he works with/employees his own crews/tradies so he can control quality. With most of the big builders it's a bit of pot luck.
They are on my shortlist...I liked there display house at Rochedale
Hi guys, did you guys proceed with Steve Parcell? If so how was your experience with them? Otherwise, please let me know why you guys did not proceed with Steve Parcell.

They are currently on our short-list.

Thanks,

Jellofish
I got a house built by Steve Parcell. it was good in the first year. however, got big trouble now. the floor tiles in living room is cracking and making noise when i am walking on it, if i want the problem to be fixed, I will have to pay for the cost of relay the who living room tiles. also have problem with the stumps . i do not know if it is simply bad luck, however, my next door house was built by Steve parcell too, and it has the same problem.
Hi "Kevinzheng", can I know what location you build with Steve Parcell Homes ? I was looking to build with them in Rochedale.

Did anybody else build with Steve Parcell Homes and what was the experience ?

Thanks
Robert
Kevinzheng
I got a house built by Steve Parcell. it was good in the first year. however, got big trouble now. the floor tiles in living room is cracking and making noise when i am walking on it, if i want the problem to be fixed, I will have to pay for the cost of relay the who living room tiles. also have problem with the stumps . i do not know if it is simply bad luck, however, my next door house was built by Steve parcell too, and it has the same problem.

We have the same problem too. We are at Jimboomba. They decided our soil test must have been wrong and took out a stack of 1.5m piers. We have cracking tiled/grout/ceiling and the after build inspector says it’s because there hasn’t been enough rain?!?!
Fysh
Kevinzheng

We have the same problem too. We are at Jimboomba. They decided our soil test must have been wrong and took out a stack of 1.5m piers. We have cracking tiled/grout/ceiling and the after build inspector says it’s because there hasn’t been enough rain?!?!

Hi Kevin,

What was the outcome? We are considering building with them but this concerns me. Besides your cracking tiles, how was the overall experience?
Moana
Fysh
Kevinzheng

Hi Kevin,

What was the outcome? We are considering building with them but this concerns me. Besides your cracking tiles, how was the overall experience?

The build itself was pretty great.
We have been palmed off on a number of concerns.
We have had no smoke detectors for 2 years because the constantly false alarm and the builder doesn’t reply to emails.
It is now in as s complaint with the electrical safety office after an independent electrician raised concerns about the wiring of the home being non compliant with current regulations.
You are enourage to discuss details with individual trades which then in turn allies the builder to use the comeback that it was between you and the trade so has nothing to do with him.
We have tiles still cracking, grout cracking, walls cracking, ceilings cracking.
The drain in the laundry is graded wrong so the hallway floooded with a washing machine overflow. A sink cracking, power point cracking. Still waiting on documentation regarding the footing change.
Previously I would have recommended them but I no longer will. I felt they had too much work in and as a result work wasn’t as great as it could have been. After handover virtually nonexistent.
Related
23/04/2024
Omaxe homes - Melbourne - anyone built with them?

Building A New House

I haven’t. But have a Lowe Design home. Not only did I find Matt Lowe patronising and a bully, but the home is NOT TO CODE. I have water coming through the bricks…

15/04/2024
AllCastle Homes has anyone built in 2023

Building A New House

Hi we are looking to talk to people who have built with them recently. We have signed mid range built contract but identified that a lot of things are not included.…

21/11/2023
Has anyone built a home with Masterpiece Builders?

Building A New House

Hi All, we are starting to think of building with Masterpiece Builders in Victoria, has anyone had any feedback or experience with them

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum