Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Just found error in Kitchen plans - not sure what to do

Page 1 of 1
We went back out to the display home (a bit of a distance from us so can't do regular trips) just before christmas to look at styling and to take some measurements to help us with the post-xmas sales. When we were there we noticed that our Kitchen is not "as per displayed" which is what we asked for and what is on our contract tender. We then checked our plans and have realised that our plans were not completely drawn to "as per displayed".

We are not sure what our recourse is now. Are we stuck with as per the plans or as per the contract tender (both form part of our signed work order)???

Okay what is the main issue - the fridge space. This should have some cabinetry shelving and bulkhead of which we have none. At the very least the bulk head is drawn on the plans (but still not worded on the plans).

Here are some pics to show difference:

Pic of display home that it's suppose to look like

Pic of plans

Pic of our kitchen (please note bulhead has now gone in above cabinetry but still missing from fridge recess
Best thing is to contact the builder officially drawing his attention to any paperwork that you have that says kitchen as displayed.

Don't mention the plans at this stage.
Tender normally takes precedence over drawings. You're contract should specify the order of precedence.
Casa2
Tender normally takes precedence over drawings. You're contract should specify the order of precedence.

i think our contact actually says that plans take precendence but even so, if they do they will still have to reimburse us as we are not getting something we've paid for.

I have sent off an email to my CSO raising the discrepancy & will let my SS know when he's back at work. Will see what they say
Related
2/04/2024
Defects/Items found after final inspection

Building A New House

The significant date is when receive final payment invoice Check that section of contract Bit of fluff by builders prior to that

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

18/02/2024
Electrical and plumbing plans post hand-over?

Building A New House

If there have been changes, variations, during construction then the drawings should be revised, the building permit amended and the current, as built drawings given to…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum